July 28, 2014 | 2130 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by lemonraspberry

Let's just say this product did not work for me at all. It did not get rid of my pimples or make them smaller in anyway. It also smells really bad and the scent lingers for a while on the face once applied. The applicator it comes in is also very unhygienic. I always wash my face thoroughly and pat dry before applying this. However, the roller ball still manages to pick up little pieces of dead skin that then sinks to the bottom of the bottle. After a while I could see a distinct white layer made up of dead skin cells that have collected at the bottom of the bottle - It was disgusting. Needless to say, this went straight into the trash and I will never buy this again (You can buy drugstore products that perform way better for the price of this one).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

I really like this blemish "roller". Despite the packaging being a bit unhygienic, it does the job well, and I can actually feel it working.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by sweetholymother

This is my first review :)

I purchased this blemish "stick" (not really a stick... it's actually a roller) and I am very impressed with how well it works. I have flare ups with pimples (have struggled with this my entire adult life) and was having a problem with annoying pimples on my forehead so I thought I'd give this a try. The smell is pretty strong (tea tree smell reminds me of licorice) but if you can get past that, the product works great (at least it did for me). I've been using it on my forehead for about a week and a half and the pimples are almost entirely gone. I use it on individual pimples too and they definitely heal and go away within a few days. I was an avid Pro Active user and had been using that product for years (wonderful product), but it seems as though my skin has grown accustomed to it so I've been trying out different skin care... this blemish stick is definitely a HG product for me now! Really really works great. It does sometimes sting a bit when first applied, but it doesn't last long and when it does sting it makes me feel like it's working and doing it's job. The only complaint I have is that it's a little pricey for the amount of product you get (I'm almost half way done with the vile I bought a week and a half ago... but I've been using it pretty liberally on my forehead... the average user probably wouldn't use it as much as I have been :)

I will definitely be repurchasing this again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by greenteamui

I absolutely love this proudction it works wonders for me. It's a pretty small bottle that's a little roll on stick. It's around $10 sometimes it goes on sale and you can get it for a few bucks cheaper. but i'ts a must have for me i love love this prouduct. you can soak a cotton swab and dab it onto your trouble spots and it instantly goes down. Overall it's a must have in my skin care but it is pretty expensive for what you get.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Neaaen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Smells really good! Didn't do anything for zits, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by mllebrigitte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So I've been using this product for years. I use it so much that I often stock up, especially since it's hard to find it around here. It has a strong tea tree oil smell to it and, although a lot of the reviewers on her complain about it, I actually get complimented on the scent. The stuff is amazing! It will get rid of your pimples in just a couple days. It can sting if the skin is broken, but I just put up with it because I take it as a sign that it's working. It may be drying for some so you might want to use a moisturizer with it. I use the Burt's Bess moisturizer toner. I use this stuff over and over again throughout the day and go through the bottles fairly quickly. I also love how easy it is to apply with the roller ball. Sometimes you can get a little too much on the end when applying and it will drip down. It just works great for my skin and whenever I see a pimple forming, that is my go-to product to zap it away. I can't tell you how much I love this product! It's definitely worth trying because it may be a miracle solution for you as it is for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by shakeuptampa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I started using it in 2007, it costs about $7-$10 depending on location. The smell is not so great if you are about to head out and it is something you most certainly do not want to share with anyone else (It has a roller ball to apply). It is not good for open wounds (zits ect) and you will know as soon as you apply it if your wound or zit was open as it will sting and burn. This item is great if you have pimples that are forming and are not able to be pushed through (red areas with a bump). It helps bring the acne spot down so it may not form into something you want to pop. As gross as it seems, you are dealing with a form of acne treatment. I prefer it for night application as I have found another spot treatment that works well during the day and under my make up. I would tell my friends about this product, it does seem hard to find in my area though. It does work if used properly. The downfall and the reason for one lippie missing is the scent. It does smell like a bug spray you spray before going out camping.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Maddieo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this product. I really did. Initially both me and my sister thought it was amazing. Then, after a while... I noticed that the next day, I'd have more pimples. I stopped using it for a while (2-3 days) just to give my skin a chance to heal naturally. In one night I saw a difference without using it. I also don't miss the sting and pungent tea tree smell it leaves after putting it on. So, I believe that this was in turn breaking me out more. Also, drying me out after prolonged use. Wish I could love it, but I just can't. I'm going to try Origin's spot treatment next, and see how I go. It's only $5 more.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this so far, but I will see what the future shall hold. It seems to be doing it's job, and even though my skin usually doesn't settle well with salicylic acid I figured this may be a little different since it was derived from Willowbark. The only thing that was off-putting (and this is pretty major) is that the smell was so overpowering it made me start wheezing. At first I thought I was allergic, but the wheezing as ended. I just cannot breathe in the strong "fumes"! Also, since it's a roller ball applicator it seems that bacteria from one pimple/blemish would build up and travel with each use. So, I use my finger to dab on the blemish oil. I will update if anything new occurs. Afterall, if this product proves to be a breakthrough then I will certainly raise the rating to 4. (The smell will always knock off one point).

UPDATE: So I've noticed that this product is VERY effective in lightening red spots left from recent pimples, which is wonderful since my skin is rather fair. On a negative note, this product hasn't helped with a recent pimple I had, which didn't have a definite head. I eventually lightly popped it last night, and all of the infection came out fine, it just looks a little red and inflamed. This product isn't helping to dry it out at all! I think I would be better off getting something with more tea tree oil, which was the reason I bought this in the first place. All in all I was hoping for much better results.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by mrclark2

I've always had annoying red bumps, pimples, blackheads -- the works -- and I've never found anything that got rid of them that didn't irritate and dry out my skin, until this blemish stick. I use it in conjunction with Cortizone10 oatmeal lotion, and it really takes away the pain, redness, swelling, and everything. My skin has never looked better, but it also has never felt better. I used to have super irritated skin on my forehead and that has all cleared up. Did I mention this was all in about a week? Yeah. I know it didn't work for a lot of people, but it really worked for me and after years of trying everything I possibly could, I hope this stuff works for the long haul. I definitely recommend giving it a try. After all, if you're blemish-prone, $7 is a small price to pay to try something that might end the search.