November 28, 2014 | 1851 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Coconut Lip Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by vegasgirl1982

I love the coconut smell of this lip butter! As other reviewers have noted, there is no color, very little glossiness, or staying power at all with this product. I adore the smell but this is not something that has lasting power and I find myself continually dipping into the tub to rehydrate.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by alieblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not impressed. I adore the Coconut Body Line at the Body Shop, but found this lip balm to be sub-par. It doesn't seem to hydrate very well, the texture is waxy and gritty, it looks waxy and opaque on the lips and the packaging is cute but pretty unsanitary. I'll stick with their butter for the body.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Love the smell of this, but this only provides temporary moisturization on my lips. I expect more from the Body Shop, so I am very disappointed. I'll stick with Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 4:24:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

I do really like this - I bought it while I was on a coconut spree, and while I dont really use it when Im going out because I prefer color and shine, this is a wonderful lip balm while you're around the house or outdoors. It smells wonderful and its a great consistency and the container is just the perfect size to give great value and its large enough that its not hard to scrape out the lip gloss. Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lips are not dry, cracked and chapped. But every now and then, they do a go a bit dry and I need something to moisturize and soften them out. TBS Coconut Lip Butter is good enough and works fine as a quick pick-me-up. It may not be as cheap as supermarket lip balms and probably does only as much as they do, but it does comes in a much cuter little tub and smells absolutely divine. Like I said, I only need something to moisten my lips a bit and make em look pretty n pink, so for girls hunting out a miracle cure to their chapped lips, Lucas Paw Paw Ointment is a better alternative. This lip butter is not a miracle treatment, but is uber cute and looks great when when I whip it out of my handbag, and when I put it on my lips for that sheer, glossy look. If anything, I prefer this over clear lipgloss.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2006 8:35:00 PM More reviews by shallot

I love coconut and love the smell of this lip butter.... But it did nothing for my lips. If anything, it made them drier. I agree with the other reviews in that if you're lips are relatively fine to begin with then you shouldn't have a problem with this, but if they are chapped, I'd steer clear. The only redeeming feature of this product is the smell. If I don't find another coconut lip balm then I'd consider repurchasing just because of the smell. I also found it slightly expensive at $AU 13 for the pot. There are much better products out there (e.g. carmex, chapstick) for a lot less.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2006 4:01:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I like this stuff. I made sure to use it for at least a full day after receiving it. First of all it smells and tastes divine. The little pot is cute even though I don't really care for pots. I do notice the white cast it leaves, but it doesn't bother me because I like to use pale colors on my lips anyway. The texture of this is very smooth - it reminds me of frosting. It's fairly moisturizing. I wouldn't use it to cure a bad case of chapped lips, but it's kept my lips smooth and comfortable all day. :-) UPDATE: This is just not worth really calling this a Lip Butter - it's not moisturizing enough. The only thing that makes it worth buying is the scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2006 10:01:00 PM More reviews by benette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only had mine for a week so I haven't noticed any flakey bits or gritty feeling. It has a bit of a shimmer (I did notice the white tinge if you use a lot, but it goes away) and it's more scented than flavored. It did a nice job of softening my lips overnight, and also of soothing them after a nasty bout with a new gloss that I didn't know had plumper in it. Works well under lipstick too. I'm not giving it 5 lippies because it's a little expensive for me, and the scent is kind of strong, but I'd buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2006 1:16:00 AM More reviews by DarkSideChic87

This product is amazing if you use it quick. Very smooth and leaves your lips soft and shiny. However, I have to agree with other reviewers. Over time, it gets kind of weird. I guess the formula changes; it starts to smell weird and have a gritty feeling to it. I would probably buy again, but this time I'll just be sure to use it up fast.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2006 1:41:00 AM More reviews by makeupcrazy31

Love the true coconut scent. I like how it soaks in & feels very moisturizing. Doesn't feel heavy or thick.