July 22, 2014 | 2081 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by abbe4

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love. This. I first bought this when it originally came out...perhaps....4 years ago ? I don't know. I decided it was too expensive...and the shade, #2, did not really suit. jump ahead to my current age....almost 61, and I despair of a great foundation: I've been ok with the 24-hour Lancome foundation...but it has been disappointing for this hard winter.
after a brief make-over with a very helpful MA, I now use the 3.75, and it is wonderful: I look much, much better in this. and it stays on & on....even after a 9-hour day today, with no time to even look in a mirror, let alone adjust foundation, it looks as good now as when I applied it this morning. I use very little of it, as well. It looks very natural, perfect finish, enough coverage, and more. It is like .... seeing my best self in the mirror again. I really like this. This is worth the expense, at least, for me. It also Feels very good on, whereas the Lancome does not. That foundation is pretty good, don't get me wrong: but for My age, I'd rather spend the money and be Really pleased. This is not a foundation one can order on-line: I think you would really need a good MA, and choose the right color, etc. I had wanted to go with the designer foundation, but the shades did not go light enough for me. I think this is best for me anyway; and, I can even use a little power, to make the finish really perfect. oh: and I have rosacea - this covers "the red" very, very well, and does not irritate at all.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by classymum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I simple don't understand what all the hype is about with this foundation. It did not suit my skin at all. It did smooth my skin but did not compare at all with my favorite foundation: Bobbi Brown. I have just about every one of Bobbi's foundations formulas and they are all outstanding in every way (especially color range).The range of colors in this foundation line is so limited...when I returned the bottle I had purchased, the saleslady looked at me like I was insane and she kept arguing with me about returning it. I guess she just couldn't believe that I truly did not like it. Again, I just don't get why this foundation keeps winning all these awards. There are so many others that are way better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by khov92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my all-time favourite foundation. I wear shade 4 (Mac NC20, Bobbi Brown 3.0) and it goes on a little bit pale but warms up to my skin tone within a few minutes. I have dry skin and this just gives me such a glow. It's not really dewy, it just looks like my skin but so much better when I apply with a stippling brush like the MAC 187 or the hourglass foundation brush. The staying power is quite good, maybe because I have dry skin, but I do find this wears better than all of my other foundations and it is never cakey. And it doesn't transfer either!! I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is FABULOUS if your skin is in pretty good shape. I'd recommend this to someone with normal/mildly combination skin, who isn't prone to breakouts. The coverage is sheer to medium, just enough to even out redness and blur small imperfections. The finish is glowing, but not so dewey that your face looks wet or oily. The wear time seems to be up for debate; I can get a good 10 hrs of perfect wear out of this (no separation, no need to blot) if I'm using a primer and dusting of setting powder, but I've read that others can barely make it past 6 hrs. I personally prefer the old, more minimal and chic packaging but the newer packaging isn't bad or ugly by any means. Just one pump should be more than enough for most people.

I personally love this foundation and it's become my HG! If you've been curious to try this and don't have any major issues with your skin, I would say absolutely try it! What you'll end up with is very natural, soft focus looking skin with juuuust the right amount of glow.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by rmoussavi

I bought this foundation based on the positive reviews I read online and watched on youtube. So I had BIG expectations from this product especially at the fact it is a higher end foundation, but I ended up hating it! I have combination skin but I didn't think it would effect me as much as I normally set my foundation with powder but this was ridiculous. After a few short hours, my t-zone area were extremely OILY. Not flattering at all. I looked as if I had been wearing my foundation for a good 12 hours by the time it was lunchtime. Do not invest your money into this product unless you have dry to normal skin as my friend loves it. it really compliments her skin. I even tried to mix it with my Mac Studio Fix Fluid which always keeps my face looking matte but after a couple hours I would see my t-zone becoming oily again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

I'm NC 20-25, and I used the # 5 in Luminous silk. This foundation has light coverage and is natural looking, but does not last longer than an hour or two on my combination skin. It is an okay foundation but because of the short wear time, I would not repurchase. Maybe with setting powder, it would have lasted longer, but I'd already returned it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

One of my HG foundations. I hardly ever re-purchase a foundation, and tend to rotate a few. However, with Luminous Silk - I am already on my 4th bottle. I briefly tried Armani's Maestro (not for me) and Lasting Silk (hated it, drying). I wear Luminous Silk in 4.5 or 5 depending on the season. 4.5 is a touch light but does oxidise to match perfectly (For reference in other brands I currently wear: NC20/F&B C2 in MAC, Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation in Light-Medium Sand, Bobbi Brown Skin in 2.5, NARS Sheer Glow in Fiji, Kat Von D Lock-It in Light 49, Laura Mercier Silk Creme in Med. Ivory, DiorSkin Forever Compact in #21 Linen, Missha Perfect Cover BB in #21).

I think this is a perfect foundation if you already have relatively good skin with minimal need for coverage (it does have sheer-light coverage that can be built up to medium but allows skin to show through) and it just looks like your own skin, but better. The formula is so light and easy to blend, it literally meshes with your skin so no one can even tell you're wearing make-up (well, as long as you choose the right shade and don't cake it on!). The finish is semi-matte but looks very natural, somewhat luminous but not over-kill grease bomb.

It's great for pictures, as it has no SPF, and photographs beautifully. It lasts through an entire day for me, without separating or looking dull/patchy - although I do need to blot maybe once or twice but that is normal for me regardless of what foundation I wear. Obviously it will last longer if you set it with powder, and I sometimes use this with MSFN in Medium or MUFE HD finishing powder. I also mix it with moisturisers and highlighting products and I haven't encountered any pilling or problems with it no matter what I mix this with (from Etude House's Volumer, MAC's Strobe Cream, Armani's Fluid Sheer illuminating fluid and everything in between).

Highly recommend if you are looking for a light to medium coverage natural finish foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love the texture and finish of this foundation, but I was a little upset to find it ran darker than my Maestro foundation in the same shade #2. I might purchase some white foundations and the new Radiant pigment sheer to see how I can make it work, but for now the lightest shade is a bit too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by taxi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've spent decades mixing foundations to try to get the right color. Once in a while, I;ve found one which is perfect, then invariable it's dc'd. Chanel Alabaster was perfect, then gone. Also had an HG cream-to-powder Prescriptives & a Guerlain which disappeared. I'm combo so some foundations oxidize to a nasty orange & mineral foundations unbecomingly accent every flaw. Per Sephora, I'm 1RO6, although I find huge errors in foundations that computer system "matched" for me.

GA is an almost perfect color for me in 3.75. I apply with a synthetic-bristle brush, then blend down with a sponge. It's sheer enough so I don't look "made up" but evens my skin nicely & covers the red mark I get on my nose bridge where my reading or sunglasses rest. It doesn't settle into pores and stays fresh looking for 6-7 hours. I rarely use powder but after a few hours, i sometimes blot. I'm pleased with the texture and most importantly the very close - still not quite perfect- color match. At least I don't have to buy 2 & mix.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by staceyd2401

I specifically bought it for my wedding day as I had read so many great reviews for it and thought I might try it out.
Well I have fallen head over heels for the way this makes my skin look. It has the best luminosity and definately does blur out my pores which are two things I look for in a foundation. Staying power could be a little better though, I loose that amazing finish after about 6-7 hours but still look like I am wearing foundation after that its just not as luminous.
My biggest bug bear with this foundation, which is the reason I am only giving it 4 stars, is the shade range. I am quite pale in winter and shade 3 suits me perfectly (I would usually be a NC15 in winter), but I cannot seem to find a shade darker than that that suits me. The undertones are quite funny and some of the colours oxidise on me and some dont and this foundation is way to expensive to have a so-so colour in my opinion.