Dior Long Optic mascara

3.2

on 1/18/2003 2:33:00 AM

Oh, WOW. After my last unimpressive experience with Dior mascara (Maximeyes), I was so pleasantly surprised by this one.

This is wonderful for Asian eyelashes- it made my thick but straight lashes lustrous and long, with a natural curl and beautiful sheen.

The brush is excellent- it separates my lashes without any clumping, which makes this a winner in my book. The illuminating formula makes my lashes seem almost glossy. And, the colours are gorgeous too boot- I especially love the green and purple shades for a subtle boost to brown eyes! continued >>

on 2/8/2003 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this in black as a GWP. Despite all the hype, it's nothing special which it would have to be for me to buy it at this price. I didn't clump much at all and it didn't flake as such. I did end up with a stain along the area below my eyes so it didn't stay on very well either. The brush was nice and I like the deep black if it would stay in the right place.

on 2/6/2003 11:27:00 PM

I love the lengthening and separating effects of this mascara. My lashes really do seem more defined, yet they are natural looking. I experience little clumping. However, there was a little smudging at the end of the day, particularly since I applied the mascara to my lower lashes. I like the effect this gives, despite it not having any thickening effect at all. It also holds a curl quite nicely. I would buy this again, but not if I'm looking for a more sweat-proof or hardy mascara.

on 1/24/2003 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a lengthener, but is also a smudger. I prefer the Helena Rubenstein mascaras for sure.

on 1/12/2003 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

OMG, the worst mascara i have EVER tried! it didn't lengthen, thicken, or do anything! i got so frustrated once that i tried glopping it on, which means literally like 30 coats! then it lengthened and thickened, but with oodles of clumps attached, making my lashes look spidery--gross. never again will i ever look at CD mascaras (or at least long optic)!!! UPDATE: I didn't want to waste this, so now I occasionally use it to darken my eyebrows. SECOND UPDATE: Ok, I saw this tube sitting there so pathetically abandoned, so I gave it another (millionth) shot. I cleaned the wand thoroughly and tried again. What a difference! Ok, so it does lengthen, but it takes two or three coats to thicken (despite the brush which makes you think that it thickens). It doesn't clump anymore at all!!! Even my HG mascara--YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils--clumps more than this one! Hmmm...I almost think that this mascara gets better with time and (a little cleaning)! I take it back, I like this one a lot. continued >>

on 1/12/2003 11:45:00 AM

This mascara was awful! Yes it made my lashes look longer but it also made me look like I was crying all the time. Everyday, it would smudge and make dark circles under my eyes and friends would always ask me why I had been crying. I kept wearing it, trying to last out the tube since it was expensive, but I was REALLY glad when I finished. Unless you live in a really dry climate, I would not recommend buying this.

on 12/31/2002 3:41:00 AM

I tried out a sample of this mascara. It did a good job of lengthening, but did not thicken. Plus there was a bit of smudging by the end of the day, and after a few times using it, the formula began to clump like crazy. I will have to pass on this one.

on 12/26/2002 4:53:00 AM

Great mascara! I got this as a gift and was pleasantly surprised. I had very natural looking but definitely longer looking eyelashes. No clumping either. Now that I've been introduced the CD's mascaras, I'd like to try the other formulations =)

on 12/23/2002 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Eh. I was expecting much more from this. My lashes didn't look anything out of the ordinary and I had light black rings under my eyes at the end of the day. I'll save my money next time and skip this mascara.

on 12/20/2002 11:14:00 AM

I really like this mascara. I usually go for voluminizing mascaras as opposed to lengthening formulas, but this one does the trick. I like dramatic lashes.