April 19, 2014 | 998 users online

Foundations - Elizabeth Arden - Flawless Finish - Mousse Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2005 1:36:00 AM More reviews by BWell

I LOVE it! It is the only thing my make-up artist friend uses. He insisted that I buy this and he was so right. It is light but has enough coverage. I can use with my sunblocker...just great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2005 3:15:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

(Late 40s, combination skin, slightly olive complexion.)

My shade is 40 Beige.
This is definitely worth considering if youíre looking for a foundation that gives minimum coverage and is neither too dewy nor too matte.
Itís a good choice if you have concerns about aging. I believe a light coverage foundation (or none at all) and strategic use of concealer and highlighter is the way to go for older complexions. This foundation simply evens out skin tone. It doesnít accentuate lines.
I shake the can well and then have to pump a couple of times before the mousse appears. Then I use four to five pumps worth on my nose, across my cheeks and on my chin, working quickly to blend, as it dries quite fast.
I do notice its unappealing scent but only initially. It doesnít linger.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2005 9:27:00 PM More reviews by kermie70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a PPP with dry skin. I love the lightest shade - Ivory. I must say I am sensitive to smell and never noticed it with this product. It smooths over redness and makes me look like I have great skin. It is easy to apply and fun to use -- a bonus in the morning. It works wonderfully layered over Neutrogena spf 30 tinted moisturizer. My only problems with this product are the price -- a little too expensive and that there are three other women who buy the same shade at Macy's so often Ivory is sold out. Absolutely my HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2005 5:59:00 AM More reviews by cupcakes_yum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favourite foundations (though nothing can beat Stephane Marais creme, *curses*) now my HG has been discontinued...unbelievable!!
Anyways, this gives the same natural finish without settling into lines, dryspots of caking. Cons are that it doesn't last very long as its difficult to spread and the coverage isn't as much as i like.
However until i've tried Dior Airflash, i love this.

Ooh, and it'll never irritate or break you out.

Update: i ended up just using this up, not consistent in it's colour on the face. Now i'm loving Chanel Teint Innocence. Perfect.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2005 9:49:00 PM More reviews by lnajaar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't remember the last time I've been this disappointed in a foundation. I didn't smell butane; I smelled heavy purfume. The mousse came out so full of bubbles, it was hard to gauge how much I needed. And I found it surprisingly time-consuming to apply. I ordered the color "Buff" online and found it to be darker than "Buff" should be - it was almost a tan look. After all that, it emphasized pores I never knew existed. Oil-control was middle-of-the-road.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2005 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Phairestofthemall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG for light-medium duty, everyday foundation. It's just a great product- light and airy and blendable, but layerable for a tad more coverage, lots of colors, sets well with powder and sets well alone. But, what really earns it 5 lips from me is the ingenious packaging/dispensing. It's airtight and pressurized, and comes out foamy and bubbly like mousse as the name implies. So the product inside stays pristine, utterly free of outside contaminants, *fresh indefinitely*. On top of that, it's just a very efficient and tidy way to dispense, way better than pots of creme you have to dig in, or squirting toothpaste-style tubes, or pumps that dredge from the bottom of the bottle, ect, ugh. Price may seem steep, but oh how it lasts, and comes out perfect every time... worth it!

P.S. Maybe it's just b/c I've used it so long, but I don't even notice the smell. Better safe than sorry, have a go at Arden's counter with a tester and smell for yourself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2005 1:35:00 AM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great stuff!! This is all over ebay for really cheap so I cannot comment on the retail price of it. I paid $10 for mine. It is slightly beyond ultra sheer, it covers the capillaries in my nose but it is far from masky. I am 40 and my skin is combination , not really too much in either direction. This is really a YSSB foundation. It makes me look like I am not wearing anything but just evened out. It is not going to cover any major flaws at all so if that's what you are looking for keep on looking. I have good skin to begin with and this really just enhances it and gives a dewy finish.I took off a lippie for the horrendous nail polish remover scent of it....This scent does go away after a bit but the beginning is fiece. There are a ton of shades to choose from in this and I cannot imagine not finding a match in this. It is so sheer that you could probably get away with being a shade or two off and it wouldn't look it once blended well. I am a MAC NW20 and I wear the lightest shade ivory but I can also wear champagne with no problem. They both look pretty much the same on. Nice underated product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2005 3:10:00 PM More reviews by lovetoread

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Liked the look of this foundation when I first put it on, but found that after a few hours it disappeared. I have oily skin and it just didn't seem to hold. Would probably be better for someone with dry to normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2005 1:45:00 PM More reviews by bsan31

I've been using this foundation for about a year now. At first I loved it! The mousse texture is easy to apply, and it never looks cakey or too thick (that's so gross when you see a foundation "mask" on people). However, my dermatologist told me I had to start using spf 30 every day (so I started using the Oil of Olay), and now this foundation is coming up oily and yucky on my face. So, I'm caught in a bind - can't seem to find a foundation that works well with such a heavy spf 30.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2005 3:04:00 PM More reviews by lizzie29

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very sheer whipped foundation you squirt out of the can like whipped cream. It dries very fast so you have to blend it out very fast. Looks pretty and dewy. Gives slightly good coverage for such a sheer foundation. Matching does not need to be terribly prescise due to the sheer thin consistency. It may be a bit oily for skin with an oil problem but it does not break me out and my skin is oily. I use the natural shade and it is good, a bit suntanned look for a pale skin. I also use buff, which has a tiny pink of pink to it compared to natural which is more of a brown. It is not wonderful looking or a holy grail since it does let the blemishes and large pores show through. The lightness and dewy finish are the best things about it. The fact that it slightly emphasizes pores and blemishes is the worst thing.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No