Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish - Mousse Makeup

4.2

Water (Aqua), Isobutane, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Isostearate, Talc, Isopropyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Propane, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Dioctyl Adipate, Lanolin Alcohol, Petrolatum, Lanolin, Cellulose Gum, Lithium Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Fragrance, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I've already finished off one bottle of this great foundation, and am already partway through the 2nd one. The shade I have is Vanilla, and it's really a great match for my skin. What I love most about this foundation is the formula: completely sanitary as it's in a sealed pump-top container, and it comes out a very liquidy mousse. Very easy to blend and goes on very smooth. This is a very moisturizing foundation, so it might not work well for someone with oily skin. I have combination skin, so in the winter this is what I reach for. Will continue to repurchase. EDIT: I have decided that I will no longer continue to repurchase this foundation as I have realized that the older I get the more coverage I crave. This is a very light coverage foundation & dewy, and I've decided to move onto something else.

Whenever I need a foundation for special events, this is my favorite. Love the texture, blends well and is one of the few foundations that actually match my uber-pale skin.

on 11/11/2005 1:36:00 AM

I LOVE it! It is the only thing my make-up artist friend uses. He insisted that I buy this and he was so right. It is light but has enough coverage. I can use with my sunblocker...just great.

on 10/15/2005 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

(Late 40s, combination skin, slightly olive complexion.)

My shade is 40 Beige.
This is definitely worth considering if you’re looking for a foundation that gives minimum coverage and is neither too dewy nor too matte.
It’s a good choice if you have concerns about aging. I believe a light coverage foundation (or none at all) and strategic use of concealer and highlighter is the way to go for older complexions. This foundation simply evens out skin tone. It doesn’t accentuate lines.
I shake the can well and then have to pump a couple of times before the mousse appears. Then I use four to five pumps worth on my nose, across my cheeks and on my chin, working quickly to blend, as it dries quite fast.
I do notice its unappealing scent but only initially. It doesn’t linger.

on 9/18/2005 9:27:00 PM

I am a PPP with dry skin. I love the lightest shade - Ivory. I must say I am sensitive to smell and never noticed it with this product. It smooths over redness and makes me look like I have great skin. It is easy to apply and fun to use -- a bonus in the morning. It works wonderfully layered over Neutrogena spf 30 tinted moisturizer. My only problems with this product are the price -- a little too expensive and that there are three other women who buy the same shade at Macy's so often Ivory is sold out. Absolutely my HG.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One of my favourite foundations (though nothing can beat Stephane Marais creme, *curses*) now my HG has been discontinued...unbelievable!!
Anyways, this gives the same natural finish without settling into lines, dryspots of caking. Cons are that it doesn't last very long as its difficult to spread and the coverage isn't as much as i like.
However until i've tried Dior Airflash, i love this.

Ooh, and it'll never irritate or break you out.

Update: i ended up just using this up, not consistent in it's colour on the face. Now i'm loving Chanel Teint Innocence. Perfect.

on 8/30/2005 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't remember the last time I've been this disappointed in a foundation. I didn't smell butane; I smelled heavy purfume. The mousse came out so full of bubbles, it was hard to gauge how much I needed. And I found it surprisingly time-consuming to apply. I ordered the color "Buff" online and found it to be darker than "Buff" should be - it was almost a tan look. After all that, it emphasized pores I never knew existed. Oil-control was middle-of-the-road.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My HG for light-medium duty, everyday foundation. It's just a great product- light and airy and blendable, but layerable for a tad more coverage, lots of colors, sets well with powder and sets well alone. But, what really earns it 5 lips from me is the ingenious packaging/dispensing. It's airtight and pressurized, and comes out foamy and bubbly like mousse as the name implies. So the product inside stays pristine, utterly free of outside contaminants, *fresh indefinitely*. On top of that, it's just a very efficient and tidy way to dispense, way better than pots of creme you have to dig in, or squirting toothpaste-style tubes, or pumps that dredge from the bottom of the bottle, ect, ugh. Price may seem steep, but oh how it lasts, and comes out perfect every time... worth it!

P.S. Maybe it's just b/c I've used it so long, but I don't even notice the smell. Better safe than sorry, have a go at Arden's counter with a tester and smell for yourself.

on 7/24/2005 1:35:00 AM

Great stuff!! This is all over ebay for really cheap so I cannot comment on the retail price of it. I paid $10 for mine. It is slightly beyond ultra sheer, it covers the capillaries in my nose but it is far from masky. I am 40 and my skin is combination , not really too much in either direction. This is really a YSSB foundation. It makes me look like I am not wearing anything but just evened out. It is not going to cover any major flaws at all so if that's what you are looking for keep on looking. I have good skin to begin with and this really just enhances it and gives a dewy finish.I took off a lippie for the horrendous nail polish remover scent of it....This scent does go away after a bit but the beginning is fiece. There are a ton of shades to choose from in this and I cannot imagine not finding a match in this. It is so sheer that you could probably get away with being a shade or two off and it wouldn't look it once blended well. I am a MAC NW20 and I wear the lightest shade ivory but I can also wear champagne with no problem. They both look pretty much the same on. Nice underated product.

on 4/3/2005 3:10:00 PM

Liked the look of this foundation when I first put it on, but found that after a few hours it disappeared. I have oily skin and it just didn't seem to hold. Would probably be better for someone with dry to normal skin.