Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 12/29/2011 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yes, this product is waxy and sticky, and I would probably never use it during the day (you literally have to keep your hands away from your hair and face until it has thoroughly sunk in). However, this is probably the best moisturizing hand cream I have ever used. My hands are in ice and water a large portion of the day, and in addition to that, I am an almost fanatic hand washer. All this adds up to very dry hands and horribly long/dry/ratty looking cuticles. This cream totally renews my hands and cuticles and makes them look young and healthy again. The almond scent is not my favorite (sometimes I can handle it, other times it reminds me of a cheap hotel's bathroom) which is the only reason I can't give the overall rating a 5. However, since I can't afford a manicure once a week, this is my go to. I also like that Burt's Bees is more natural and uses essential oils. Used in conjunction with their Lemon Butter Cuticle Balm, my hands have never looked better.

on 12/20/2011 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think this is a good product, but not for your hands. As other reviewers noted, it's a bit waxy and heavy, and doesn't fully sink into your hands, so it's very impractical for day use. However, I think it's a great cream for hands and feet at night, and I'll also put it on my feet in the morning if I'll be wearing socks. It does a great job at moisturizing, but I wouldn't consider it a good hand cream for the day.

on 11/3/2011 5:12:00 PM

I received a trial size version of this product from a gift pack. Like some of the reviews on here, I found the consistency to be really waxy, sticky, and tacky. It felt like I was spreading wax all over my hands and would just sit on top of my skin. It didn't absorb very well for me. As for the scent, I found it to be an unpleasant almond plastic smell. Since I don't want to waste the product, I mainly use it on my cuticles before I sleep.

on 11/3/2011 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love the smell of this stuff. It is a little greasy, takes a few minutes to sink in but once it does, my skin is so so soft. It works really well on my elbows which makes me happy because nothing seemed to work on them until I tried this stuff. I'm definitely buying it again. I love the little jar

on 10/25/2011 4:38:00 PM

I am a fan. I could see how people wouldnt like it, its not for everyone. The scent is one of those scents, you either love it or hate it. Strong scent of almond. I love it. The cream is very thick and oily, also not for everyone. I dont mind oily products because they do work the best in moisturizing. Moisturizing value is 100% with this product, its amazing. Apply once and you're good. A little pricey though for the little jar but I absolutely love the packaging. A simple tip if the oily products bother your hands: Only apply to the top sides of your hands and rub together so everything you touch doesnt get oil on it.

on 10/3/2011 2:46:00 AM

This purchase was my first experience of Burt's Bees products and based on this delicious hand creme I am a convert. Used after a day a heavy duty cleaning I used this creme just before bedtime and my hands felt unbelievably silky and soft in the morning and that is a winner in my books. I even used a tiny bit on my lips just to see if it would be ok as an emergency lip salve and by jove it does work well

It does have a heavy greasy texture so probably not ideal for daytime use unless you want to leave finger prints everywhere.

The almond smell to me is divine, but I do love all things almond.

I will definitely be trying more of Burt's Bees products

on 9/15/2011 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This cream is wonderful, but as with a lot of Burt's Bees stuff, it's not for everyone. This is a very heavy, rich cream that you have to gouge out of the jar. Unless your skin is VERY dry, it's not going to sink in quickly.

Because it leaves a somewhat greasy feel behind once it's emulsified and rubbed into the skin, I like to use it at night, especially after a shower. I wake up with the SOFTEST hands. I would recommend wearing gloves after applying it if you don't want bits of fuzz to stick to your hands. I also use it in conjunction with the Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream after a manicure, and the acetone drying out my cuticles is no longer a problem.

The smell is probably what would be a deal breaker for most people. In the jar, it smells like a combination of almond cookies and cherries. It's somewhat strong, and it's absolutely a love or hate kind of scent. Once on the skin, the almond fades a little, and the cherry turns into more of a licorice; there is a slightly spicy element as well. You're also able to detect the beeswax. It's not a deal breaker for me, because I can tolerate the smell, but if Burt's Bees made this cream without a scent, I'd buy it instead of this one.

The complaints about its greasy, waxy consistency are undeserved, in my opinion. In its defense, it's called Almond Milk BEESWAX Creme, and is the third ingredient listed on the back. I would expect any product made from beeswax to be waxy, as well as anything with almond oil (first ingredient listed) to be somewhat greasy.

The only real complaint I have about it is the price. 2 oz. for almost ten dollars is a bit excessive for something I can get at the drugstore, but it does work well, and is something that will last a good while.

on 9/1/2011 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have three mini jars of this stuff lying around for over a year now. I kept buying the trial packs for the foot cream and lemon cuticle creme (fabulous).
The hand creme in a pot was a fail though. Until I used it as a wax for my hair.
The stuff stinks. But because they come in such handy mobile pots, I use them as hair product at the gym. Win!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this in a Burt's Bees manicure set on clearance after Xmas. I probably wouldn't actually go out and buy this. It was a little on the greasy side and didn't sink in right away. The smell is a little odd, though not completely horrible. But the main thing is that this just doesn't heal my chronically dry, chapped hands. It's good at helping to prevent chapping, but does nothing if my hands are already dried out. I'm a little concerned about the borax in here as well... I've read that borax shouldn't be used topically on cracked skin or whatever, so I'm not sure that this is the best thing to be putting on my hands. I guess it's just not for me. I like the recyclable packaging it comes in, however.

on 7/15/2011 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I absolutely love this hand cream! I have really dry hands so this provides great moisture and my skin seems to absorb the cream quite quickly. The texture is great, it's very rich and creamy which I love. The smell is definately a "you either love or hate it" type of thing. For me, I'm a big fan of sweet smells, so I'm addicted to the almond/cherry scent in this! However, make sure you smell different jars in stores before buying, some can be a little out dated which causes the rancid smell mentioned in several reviews. In addition, every batch is different, so some smell more or less sweet. The jar packaging is very cute and sturdy. I prefer it over a tube, because you can scoop up every last bit of this cream! Overall, I think it's a great product and I will definately be stocking up!

Popular Lotions / Creams