October 22, 2014 | 960 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by LadyNicc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a fan. I could see how people wouldnt like it, its not for everyone. The scent is one of those scents, you either love it or hate it. Strong scent of almond. I love it. The cream is very thick and oily, also not for everyone. I dont mind oily products because they do work the best in moisturizing. Moisturizing value is 100% with this product, its amazing. Apply once and you're good. A little pricey though for the little jar but I absolutely love the packaging. A simple tip if the oily products bother your hands: Only apply to the top sides of your hands and rub together so everything you touch doesnt get oil on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Denysm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This purchase was my first experience of Burt's Bees products and based on this delicious hand creme I am a convert. Used after a day a heavy duty cleaning I used this creme just before bedtime and my hands felt unbelievably silky and soft in the morning and that is a winner in my books. I even used a tiny bit on my lips just to see if it would be ok as an emergency lip salve and by jove it does work well

It does have a heavy greasy texture so probably not ideal for daytime use unless you want to leave finger prints everywhere.

The almond smell to me is divine, but I do love all things almond.

I will definitely be trying more of Burt's Bees products

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This cream is wonderful, but as with a lot of Burt's Bees stuff, it's not for everyone. This is a very heavy, rich cream that you have to gouge out of the jar. Unless your skin is VERY dry, it's not going to sink in quickly.

Because it leaves a somewhat greasy feel behind once it's emulsified and rubbed into the skin, I like to use it at night, especially after a shower. I wake up with the SOFTEST hands. I would recommend wearing gloves after applying it if you don't want bits of fuzz to stick to your hands. I also use it in conjunction with the Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream after a manicure, and the acetone drying out my cuticles is no longer a problem.

The smell is probably what would be a deal breaker for most people. In the jar, it smells like a combination of almond cookies and cherries. It's somewhat strong, and it's absolutely a love or hate kind of scent. Once on the skin, the almond fades a little, and the cherry turns into more of a licorice; there is a slightly spicy element as well. You're also able to detect the beeswax. It's not a deal breaker for me, because I can tolerate the smell, but if Burt's Bees made this cream without a scent, I'd buy it instead of this one.

The complaints about its greasy, waxy consistency are undeserved, in my opinion. In its defense, it's called Almond Milk BEESWAX Creme, and is the third ingredient listed on the back. I would expect any product made from beeswax to be waxy, as well as anything with almond oil (first ingredient listed) to be somewhat greasy.

The only real complaint I have about it is the price. 2 oz. for almost ten dollars is a bit excessive for something I can get at the drugstore, but it does work well, and is something that will last a good while.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by gelato

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have three mini jars of this stuff lying around for over a year now. I kept buying the trial packs for the foot cream and lemon cuticle creme (fabulous).
The hand creme in a pot was a fail though. Until I used it as a wax for my hair.
The stuff stinks. But because they come in such handy mobile pots, I use them as hair product at the gym. Win!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a Burt's Bees manicure set on clearance after Xmas. I probably wouldn't actually go out and buy this. It was a little on the greasy side and didn't sink in right away. The smell is a little odd, though not completely horrible. But the main thing is that this just doesn't heal my chronically dry, chapped hands. It's good at helping to prevent chapping, but does nothing if my hands are already dried out. I'm a little concerned about the borax in here as well... I've read that borax shouldn't be used topically on cracked skin or whatever, so I'm not sure that this is the best thing to be putting on my hands. I guess it's just not for me. I like the recyclable packaging it comes in, however.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by sukayna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this hand cream! I have really dry hands so this provides great moisture and my skin seems to absorb the cream quite quickly. The texture is great, it's very rich and creamy which I love. The smell is definately a "you either love or hate it" type of thing. For me, I'm a big fan of sweet smells, so I'm addicted to the almond/cherry scent in this! However, make sure you smell different jars in stores before buying, some can be a little out dated which causes the rancid smell mentioned in several reviews. In addition, every batch is different, so some smell more or less sweet. The jar packaging is very cute and sturdy. I prefer it over a tube, because you can scoop up every last bit of this cream! Overall, I think it's a great product and I will definately be stocking up!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a 2oz glass jar, it's a little pricey. What really got me to purchase this product was the smell from the jar. Smelled like sweet almonds. However, after I applied it and after it sits for a while, it smells like.. anise.. a licorice smell that made me want to vomit. I can only use this as night, as it is REALLY greasy. You need only a tiny bit and it moisturizes all the rough, dry spots. Wouldnt purchase again because of the smell. I like the consistency though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i got the small trial size of this, so i'm not sure how much a full-sized one is, but i believe its a little expensive. honestly though, i find that most BB products are.

the skin on my body is normal, not dry, not oily, but every so often i find that my hands need moisture. say, like when i give myself a manicure, for instance.

at forst i noticed the smell above all else, and i liked it. now, 10-ish minutes later or so, i'm not so sure i do. its not HORRIBLE, just not great, IMO.

the texture is heavy, and at 1st i thought i'd need more than the little dab i'd put on, since i didnt think it spread around so well. but i didnt put more on and now i'm glad-- i think some ppl say its greasy b/c they're using too much. i dont feel like its sitting on top of my skin so much as just that its a heavy moisturizer-- which is good to have around. i'll enjoy it for my cuticles and every now and then, and i may rebuy in the future if i dont come accross something else i like more :)

UPDATE 11/5/11;
upped this to 4 lippies instead of 3, as i do like this as a heavy moisturizer for hands and cuticles, maybe even elbows and knees too

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 6:10:00 AM More reviews by viscousbadgerjelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this for christmas

It is greasy, and I hate the smell - but as a hand cream it works great.

I apply a small amount when my hands are slightly damp (usually after washing them). It takes a few minutes to sink in but it definitely moisturises and makes them feel protected.

Would buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by cdiorlipglossgirl

This is the waxiest, least moisturizing lotion I've ever used. It left a thick white film on my skin that I had to scrub really hard to get off in the shower. Into the trash it goes. The only pros would be that it is fairly inexpensive and the smell is ok.