September 2, 2014 | 1654 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This concealer is a bit thick from the tube and takes a long time to dry. I could not really find a shade that worked for me so I had to go with one with some warmth to counter undereye circles. It's okay but nothing special about the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Rosahelen

This product is really good, the concealer stays in place and it has excellent coverage without feeling cakey. the only reason I wouldn't be repurchasing this anytime in the near future is that it is too expensive. it is a good concealer but in my opinion not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG concealer for undereye circles and redness from acne! I bought Estee Lauder's Double Wear concealer in medium, after a sales rep at Sephora recommended it to me-- that was about six months ago, and I've been using it ever since. I have pretty bad, greyish undereye circles (I'm NC 35), so I really need something decent to help cover them up. I alternate between using this, and Garnier roller ball undereye concealer (also in medium). While the Garnier concealer provides very light coverage that is okay for daytime use, the Estee Lauder concealer is most useful for heavier duty coverage. I just make sure to dab on the slightest amount, and tap with my ring finger to blend. A little bit goes a long way, so it's easy to overapply. The formula is a creamy liquid that is the perfect consistency-- not to liquid but not too thick, so it covers very well. When done right, it does not look overdone. I set with a loose translucent powder (Boots) and it looks natural and so flattering! I use a little bit to cover up any sort of redness from the occasional breakout, as well as what I bought it for, those dreaded undereye circles. I just make sure to moisturize prior to applying. It definitely makes me look MUCH more awake. Many concealers either do not provide enough coverage, or provide too much-so it looks caked on or settles into lines, making you look better off not wearing it at all. Not so with Estee Lauder. This is most definitely HG material for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by knitknit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

A good concealer, excellent eye and lip primer. I hate the lip gloss style packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Prya7810

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent concealer ! It has good coverage, and looks so natural! And also it's very light.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by lynnbos

I love this concealer! It stays and you don't see it. It's a little expensive but it's worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by gobecky

I have a smaller trial size product (I think) from ebay. I'm not quite sure of the shade but this concealer WORKS and it STAYS! I don't use it everday, only on days that my eyes need some extra help from those dark circles. I apply about 3-5 dots under they eye and blend with my finger. Very good coverage that lasts. I don't powder my under eye and this concealer still stays. Nice formula - easy to spread and still has great coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by P83Wanad

Never been a fan of liquid-y sort of concealer but maybe it's because I always bought cheap crap in the past.

Having ended up with lots of small dark purple scars on my face, I needed some heavy duty stuff, I wanted to buy a Mac one but as they were out of stock of many shades and having heard of EL's camouflage make up, I decided to give Double Wear Concealer a go.

I'm very impressed with it. It doesn't dry quickly, which means it's SUPER blendable. The texture is very satiny and it slides on the skin without sinking into the pores and it lasts all day on not too oily skin, but beware if you have really oily skin on parts of your face, it does look funky.

I personally can't apply it anywhere on my nose as it starts trying to "slide off" within an hour or so and it looks cakey and scaley, but that's not the products fault, it's just that my skin is really weird at the moment, oil production on my nose is out of control so I wouldn't blame it on the concealer as it works a treat on the rest of my face. It hides the blemishes quite well and it doesn't look creasy under the eyes. It really comes across as a high quality product. Very pricey but well worth it. It does what it says on the tin unlike many other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by tiffany86

This is amazing! I have horrible dark circles and this works great!! I do have to touch up maybe once through the day, but that's to be expected. With it being so full coverage, it does get cakey. I use a super moisturizing eye cream, and that helps a ton.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by rebean

This concealer is brilliant. I have prominent red veins around my nose and it covers them perfectly. I can build up the coverage without it looking cakey or heavy. 02 light medium is perfect for my skin tone, the concealer is undetectable. Stays on all day and doesn't look dry. Also good for the corners of, and under the eye. Doesn't settle in lines or dry out. Very reasonable price and I think it will last for ages with the amount I'm using.