July 25, 2014 | 1661 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by P83Wanad

Never been a fan of liquid-y sort of concealer but maybe it's because I always bought cheap crap in the past.

Having ended up with lots of small dark purple scars on my face, I needed some heavy duty stuff, I wanted to buy a Mac one but as they were out of stock of many shades and having heard of EL's camouflage make up, I decided to give Double Wear Concealer a go.

I'm very impressed with it. It doesn't dry quickly, which means it's SUPER blendable. The texture is very satiny and it slides on the skin without sinking into the pores and it lasts all day on not too oily skin, but beware if you have really oily skin on parts of your face, it does look funky.

I personally can't apply it anywhere on my nose as it starts trying to "slide off" within an hour or so and it looks cakey and scaley, but that's not the products fault, it's just that my skin is really weird at the moment, oil production on my nose is out of control so I wouldn't blame it on the concealer as it works a treat on the rest of my face. It hides the blemishes quite well and it doesn't look creasy under the eyes. It really comes across as a high quality product. Very pricey but well worth it. It does what it says on the tin unlike many other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by tiffany86

This is amazing! I have horrible dark circles and this works great!! I do have to touch up maybe once through the day, but that's to be expected. With it being so full coverage, it does get cakey. I use a super moisturizing eye cream, and that helps a ton.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by rebean

This concealer is brilliant. I have prominent red veins around my nose and it covers them perfectly. I can build up the coverage without it looking cakey or heavy. 02 light medium is perfect for my skin tone, the concealer is undetectable. Stays on all day and doesn't look dry. Also good for the corners of, and under the eye. Doesn't settle in lines or dry out. Very reasonable price and I think it will last for ages with the amount I'm using.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Karenmellcarrillo

This concealer only worsened my problem areas. I wanted it to cover my dark circles and it would have been ok if I didn't have the dry patches I sometimes get under my eyes. It caked up even though I primed and used only a small amount. I was very disappointed because some of my drugstore concealers (revlon photoready, physicians formula conceal rx, maybelline dream lumi) will conceal, brighten, and not accentuate my dry patches for a third of the price.This could only conceal. On top of it, mine stunk like wet paint :( I'll try it a bit more before I return it. Maybe I'll like it? I hope so!

Tried it when my dry patches were gone, and it's great! A small dot is enough to give me what I want! It doesn't crease, or wear out. I got used to the smell, don't notice it anymore. I don't know if it's the concealer or the mascara, (I'm almost certain it's the concealer) but my mascara flakes and smudges under my eyes. It doesn't help that I'm in class, looking down typing on my iPad or notes for hours at a time.

Great product, not returning it. Miiiiiight not repurchase. I'm not sure if I'm crazy about this yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by angeluv178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this concealer! I'm on my 2nd one. It goes perfect with EL Double Wear Foundation hiding blemishes and under eye circles beautifully. Only thing is it's not as long lasting as I'd like it to be. I'll need to touch up couple times a day even after setting it with a powder. I find the packaging and product to be very similar to the Loreal True Match concealer. This does blend better though. Best of all? It doesn't break me out and the colors matches me great! I wear a #8 normally, but bump it up to a #9 after my summer tan. I'd give it a 5 if the staying power was longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by orngeppyseed

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer. I have moved on from using the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer as I find this to be the multi-purpose, long lasting and high coverage concealer that I was looking for.

PROS:
Medium-high coverage

Formulation is creamy and blends very well- I just make sure I use it sparingly and blend it in well.

Multipurpose: covers dark circles, acne, redness, pigmentations left from acne.

A little goes a long way, I don't need to apply a tonne to get the coverage.

Lasts all day under the eyes (I set it with loose powder). I rarely touch up under the eyes.

Lasts very well on blemishes or imperfections even without setting it with powder. I usually don't find the need to touch up during the day, if I do it's after 5-6hours. NOTE: I have dry combination skin.

Doesn't break me out.

Contains spf 10 but I haven't experienced any white casts (most probably because I apply sparingly and blend well)

CONS:
It can become a bit cakey looking if I apply too much of it. I just make sure I buff it in well with a flat top foundation brush and it looks fine.

May accentuate flakiness or dry patches if I apply too much or don't blend enough.

Need to wash it off very well as it is a long lasting product.
--------
I'm just starting to run low on my first tube after a year of using it every day. It's great value for money and I will repurchase as soon as I run out.

I am NC 15-20 and use the shade light.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I really wanted to love this concealer because I absolutely adore the light double wear foundation. I received this concealer for free once and so technically I am not wasting money, but I probably won't buy it.
I got the shade light-medium and for some reason it keeps appearing too pink on my NC 23 (in the summer) skin tone. I suppose it does last all day, but every time I conceal the pimples it just kind of dissapears and doesn't cover anything. I tried to use it for my undereye circles, but since mine are quite dark this concealer makes them look ashy.
It's not a bad product overall, but just does not seem to work for me so make sure you try it before buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Another Estee Lauder product I absolutely love...

I have had SO much trouble finding a decent concealer you would not believe - this is the first concealer I've used that I actually like IN MY LIFE. Most are either too watery and don't cover enough, or they're too tacky - almost glue like and won't blend! This is neither, I don't know how to describe the consistency, but it's easy to work with and really does its job.

I use this on blemishes - it's not a particularly thick formula, but it can give a buildable coverage, and it works just fine for me as I only get the occasional zit/discolouration and don't have any major scarring, etc. to cover up. I also use this under my eyes to lighten dark circles, and on my lids to brighten and even them, and I find it almost acts as a primer there. Around the eye it's brilliant - I find it doesn't overwhelm the delicate skin in that area, nor does it settle into the fine lines around my eyes, but does a wonderful job of hiding circles and really "opening" up my eye area.

I blend this concealer with my beauty blender and seem to be able to get a lovely even finish both alone on my skin and paired with my Double-Wear Foundation. Like I say, it sits well both alone and paired with other products - I also sometimes use YSL Touche Eclat to brighten and highlight, and If I apply it with the concealer it doesn't get cake-y or powdery or flake.

As a former reviewer has noted, the concealer comes in a wee tube and is applied with a doe-foot applicator... whilst I'm usually not a fan of these, application is simple and I don't really know how it could be improved, as I don't think a squeeze tube or brush would be more effective...

A little seems to go a fairly long way with this concealer, and in my opinion it has been well worth the price!

I take one lippy off for packaging - only really for aesthetic reasons: I don't think Estee Lauder packaging is as slick or attractive as that of NARS, YSL, or even Smashbox, but that's just a matter of personal opinion and in no way affects the performance of this awesome concealer!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by jamface17

I didn't pay the $33 AUD for the full size, a sample of this was included when I bought a holiday gift set.

I have the shade light/medium which I would say is a tad too light my skin right now. I'm probably about a warm beige/natural in Bobbi Brown and slightly darker than DWL in intensity 2. Perhaps warm light/medium would have been a better match.

I use this mainly to cover up blemishes and acne marks. I tend to just wear this during the day so I can't attest to whether the SPF does anything in photos. I know SPF 10 isn't that much but I have had trouble in the past with flashback. Anyway, I like that there is SPF cos it prevents any marks from darkening in the sun.

I would say this has a medium coverage which can be built up. I first apply this to the spots I need to conceal then go back and blend the concealer in the order I applied it (if that makes sense!) I find that since it dries quickly, applying concealer on all needed areas first then going back and blending, gives the concealer some time to dry and in a strange way, I find this helps with the coverage. Whereas if I apply and blend the concealer spot by spot, the concealer is still 'liquidy' in a way that when it's blended out, coverage becomes less and my dark browny-red acne marks aren't concealed as well.

The lasting power during the day is good, I set it with powder, but there have been times where I haven't and it still lasted on my oily skin. I have acne-prone and very clog-prone skin but it's funny that this concealer from the line hasn't broken me out or clogged my pores cos DWL foundation does!

I've tried this as an under eye concealer but find that it's slightly too drying for me. However someone who uses an eye cream beforehand might find it okay.

I don't think I'll be purchasing the full size once I'm done with the sample but I do recommend giving this a go if you're looking for a concealer to cover blemishes. The shade range however, seems very limited.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been mostly using MAC concealers all my life, pro longwear being one of my favorites. I purchased EL double wear stay-in-place concealer in Light, mainly to use for under- eye concealing. The application, formula and coverage has been really impressive and it doesn't crease or settle into fine lines. After applying my foundation, I apply in V shape under my eyes and around my nose where I tend to have redness. I also apply over blemishes if I have any. I have pretty oily skin but it doesn't cake or fade throughout the day. Really amazing concealer!