OPI Natural Nail Base Coat

3.8

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Camphor, Benzophenone 1, Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Protein, Keratin Amino Acids, D&C Red 33

The price is ok, I got it for around $8 at target. It applies easily and quickly because of the big brush it has. And the best part is, is that it dries very quickly so you can start coloring right away. If I were to only apply the base color and not a color, it chips easily, so it is not something that you would only wear and expect it to last and protect you nails.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my favorite base coat. It dries quickly (I think itīs very important when you will use many other coats of various nail polishes then) and applies well. I love the bottle and the color of a fluid. The only thing I donīt like is how it smells - quite a sharp smell.

Great as far as base coats go. It dries quickly and smooths and evens out the nail, prepping it for painting. Doesnt start peeling quickly, a problem that I usually have with other base coats. Only problem for me is that the handle sometimes gets detached from the brush part. But thats probably just my bottle. And I wish it had ingredients to strengthen the nail but thats not really its purpose, so you cant fault them for it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really love this base coat. Not thick, but not too thin. Dries really fast, so fast that it's dry by the time I've finished both hands.

I like this base coat! It applies well, dries fast (by the time I'm done with it I can start applying my nail polish straight away), and does protect my nails from yellowing/staining. I'm halfway through the bottle, and I've only had to put a couple of drops of nail polish thinner for it to keep working. Will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I like this base coat. It applies thinly (nicely) and dries very quickly. I am not sure if it is the greatest base coat ever but when I use this in combination with the OPI Top Coat, my manicures last at least 7 days - sometimes 9. I alternate between this and Orly Bonder.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It prevents staining, but I don't find that my polishes adhere better to my nails. Chipping still occurs after a few days as if it doesn't make a difference whether a base coat is applied or not. Won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this on a whim as I managed to get it cheaper from a local online store. I like my base coats to go on matte so I was a little disappointed this does not. However, it does a fairly well job in adhering my polish to my nails. There was also minimal staining but staining still do occur whenever I use dark polishes. I do see minimal tip wear on the second day (using OPI and China Glaze polishes and Sally Hansen Extended Wear Top Coat) though. This is an ok product that does the job but I will still be on the lookout for better nail base coats that is able to strengthen.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this product.

I have been using this for about 6 months and I like it. It gets the job done, and if you use a quality polish and top coat, it will REALLY do wonders. I would give it a 5 but I just discovered Seche Vite top coat yesterday...and now I want to try their base coat and compare to OPI's!

Top Rated OPI Products