November 27, 2014 | 1399 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Skin Firming Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by tobyleota

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

If only I could give this 4 lippies for skin improvement and a negative 20 lippies for smell...To me, it smells like liquid molten plastic. I had to let my skin air out before dressing so my clothes didn't smell. However, my cellulite looked considerably more toned after using this for a week. But, after a month, my stretch marks (yeah, I know, cellulite and stretch marks, I'm a pretty girl) seemed more fragile and more papery somehow. Normally, they just look like white marks, but this did something to the texture. Anyway, it was reversible. I went back to Dove and all was back to normal after a couple days.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by dressforms6846

I haven't completed the two weeks or doing it twice daily but so far it seems to work it makes my skin feel soft and i notice some firming in my thigh area.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by pupiq

This stuff is really good as a basic moisturizer. It isn't too greasy, makes my skin so soft and just feeling really healthy, in addition, i really like the scent, which is kinda powdery but light and does not interfere with the perfume. I don't know, maybe it wont give you a miraculously firm body (it's just a lotion after all) but it leaves skin feeling well and looking so too. Worth to try, imo.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2008 6:23:00 AM More reviews by bkaips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Bought this due to the good reviews here on MUA. Must say a COMPLETE dissapointment!!!!! Not sure where the last reviewer bought hers....but I paid nearly $10 for this awful stuff at Walgreens and for the lackluster quality, WAY over priced....
Once I got past the extremely runny/watery consitency, which is a complete pain.....and that god awful overpowering stench, ugh! I shudder to think of it now!!!.... I found it to leave a greasy/heavy feel to my skin for a very long period of time...not to mention that negatively pungent aroma that lasts and lasts and lasts and lasts....... All in all, an absolute waste of my money as in the trash it went. For anyone that has sensitivity to overpowering scents, STAY AWAY! I don't have that problem and I couldn't take this stuff. Maybe it works who knows...but to take that scent, runny consistency and heavy greasy feel on a daily basis to test that theory, no thanks! If I could give it a zero, I would.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by nverno

My favorite everyday lotion. For me it's even better than a lot of the expensive/department store stuff. I use this daily and I have noticed a slight firming, or at least my skin on my body just looks very healthy. This body lotion is pretty thin in consistency which I like because it's easier and faster to spread. Even though it's a thinner consistency, it still seems to be pretty rich on the skin because it leaves your skin so moisturized that it is glowy and shiny but not greasy to the touch, just soft. Once applied and absorbed in to my skin, it moisturized really well without making me feel sticky-ish. Totally soothed my dry itchy skin, and did not burn when applied to my legs right after I shaved (which is big for me because most lotions do burn a little at first). The ingredients are actually pretty good. It isn't just cheap ingredients like a lot of drugstore body lotions,... there are actually some decent vitamins and moisturizers in this product which is what made me try it. This is awesome for the price. The only other body moisturizer I like as much is Gold Bond Ultimate CoQ10 body lotion (but it's a much richer consistency formula- it's more of a body butter- I use that on and off- it takes a little more time for me to use but it is very nice as well). The smell isn't bad or that noticeable after a little while, and it most importantly, does not interfere with whatever perfume I wear. I think it is really, really good, especially if you prefer a thinner texture lotion like I do. Since I started using this lotion, my skin seems much softer and more hydrated even before applying so I know it's made a difference. I will be repurchasing again without a doubt.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Jstar668

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nivea's Skin Firming Moisturizer is is the best! For just under $5 this lotion is a must. It's milky consistency and smoothing formula makes my skin soft and I love how it smells. It's not as perfumed as most, but smells fresh, clean and light. I moisturize with it daily and always get complimented on the softness of my skin after using it. As for the firming, at $5 bucks a pop, if you're looking for a miracle in a bottle this may not be it. However, as a moisturizer this product is quite wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by VANESAPIETRA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best body cream I've ever used, it has improved my skin appearance in less than one month and is helping with my very old hip stretch marks due to growing that I have had since I was15, they are fading with this cream, I try to use it every day or at least every other day. I also like the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 3:18:00 AM More reviews by SkittlesNblowpops

Due to the smell, which I'm not a fan of, I use this before going to bed all over my body....I'm on my 2nd bottle of this and I must say I notice a bit firming in my arms and thighs. This also keeps my skin soft and supple, even when I wash it off in the morning shower. Finally it gave my body this nice, subtle glow. My skin is so soft and smooth 24/7...it doesn't hurt that a daily scrub contributed to the glowing results....still I like this stuff and will continue to purchase

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2008 4:08:00 AM More reviews by beautiflaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a free sample bottle of this once and I loved it. I am going to have to get some more because I really liked it. It was easy for me to ignore the scent, plus it fades after mere moments. I'm knocking off a lippie because I haven't got much experience with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I love this lotion. Soft, milky, sinks in beautifully, makes skin soft and smooth, not sticky (unless you put on too much), moisturizes perfectly and isn't too heavy for summer, but enough moisture in winter. But the scent...I can't handle it. Strong, pungent floral that reminds me of visits to my grandmothers rest home, lasts for hours, and gives me a headache. Why why why did they have to screw up the perfect lotion with that stench?!?

INGREDIENTS: Water, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Octyldodecanol, Alcohol Denat., Stearic Acid, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Myristyl Alcohol, Creatine, Ubiquinone, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, 1 Methylhydantoin 2 Imide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben