Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 5/12/2012 12:53:00 PM

Love it!!

I was after a setting powder for my foundation (Revlon colorstay) and bought this because of the good reviews on here. And I was definitely not dissapointed. I actually didn't realise how highly I rated it until I ran out and had to use another powder for a few days!

It sets my foundation beautifully, and although my nose becomes shiny after a while (I generally have rather dry skin, apart from an oily nose) I just dab some more powder over it and it's perfect again. It doesn't look cakey or dry... it can look a bit white-ish if you put too much on, but I find that can be easily removed with a powder puff (I've gone off brushes). Also works perfect for setting foundation/concealer under my eyes.

Not the most perfect packaging, but I just use an old powder jar I kept (having bought the biggest jar of Ben Nye I could get hold off).

So all in all I would say this is my HG powder and I'll be definitely sticking with it!

on 4/19/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I can't believe how long it took me to discover this product and now that I've used it, how can I ever live without it! I'm NC42 and have used for years MAC, Clinique, Estee Lauder, MUFE and just recently purchased Chanel and all were absolutely useless in controlling my oil and terrible to take pictures with. You can use the crappiest foundation but use this powder to set and it will erase all the flaws. It literally leaves a lightweight feel and airbrushed look similar to MUFE HD powder but absolutely no whitecast whatsover! I was skeptical at first but I've taken a million pics in every light possible and it's just perfect. I also use this to dust over my eye primer and it sets no creasing at all. I'm overwhelmed at how amazing this product I tell everyone to purchase this ASAP. And it is so affordable I just can't bear to purchase anything else. The packaging is terrible but my unused Chanel powder top is currently being used to swirl and tap this product on.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Very inexpensive, I bought this on ebay for less than 15 dollars. And it lasttt soooo long. Since it doesnt come in a jar, I use my empty cream jar and fill it up with it for later touch ups during the day. It is extremely mattyfying and not obvious at all. I have very tanned skin and it doesnt leave any white cast at all. Pure HG material here.

on 1/22/2012 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The least expensive of the "HD" powders in the market! Plus, it works on any skin tone.

on 1/2/2012 12:51:00 AM

BEN NYE IS A MAKE UP GOD! EVERYTHING BEN NYE works AWSOME! and i mean SUPER AWSOME!.... Best setting powder EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! and cheap too... lasts a LONG LONGGGGG time!
Will continue to buy!

on 12/29/2011 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

So I finally found this on ebay, I apply this with a kabuki brush after applying concealer and foundation. I usually lke the dewy finish that my foundationgives me but on those days that I want to look professional, this definitely keeps my face matte. The giant jar lasts forever and is practically free due to the low price. I sent one for my mother and she loved it soo much. Will continue to purchase it if it runs out, but it would probably last me a year and a half.

on 11/11/2011 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the little .9 ounce "salt shaker" canister of this powder to try out. So far, so good. I have only used it for a few days as a foundation setting light dusting of powder after my make up application is finished. It does what it is supposed to do and it does it very very well. The powder is white but goes on with no visible color or color change to my foundation/blush. I have somewhat dry skin and it is mature skin too and I do not have any settling into fine lines or caking. I use very little on my big brush and just fluff it on. I use a little soft eyeshadow brush to pat a bit of the product onto my undereye concealer. Works well there too. There is no luminosity or glow or sparkle here, just a good job at setting and keeping set my foundation for hours. It is very finely milled. I have long been a fan of the T.Leclerc powders and this one is just as nice in my opinion. Of course, it is talc instead of rice powder. Dirt cheap too. The little canister is not sexy looking or especially easy to use. I, so far, have just been shaking a bit in my palm and dipping my brush in and then taping the brush a time or two to distribute the powder into the brush. If I ever use up .9 ounces, I will certainly buy it again.

on 10/22/2011 6:08:00 PM

I love this! but the packaging is a pain. I just bought a powder dish with a sifter and put it in their. way less work and now I might not spill it everywhere all the time!

on 10/22/2011 12:02:00 PM

Love this.. works for every skin color because it is so finely milled. The only downfall is the packaging. I can't even tell u the amount of times I have dropped the entire container on the floor, but it puts other setting powders (mac, mufe, la mer, etc) to shame. This is the best stuff. It is in my kit and I know so many other artists who opt for this instead of the pricier stuff. If anything, just try it. The worst thing that could happen is that you don't like it, and if that's the case you can mail it to me! lol

on 9/28/2011 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I actually purchased this to set my makeup for my Halloween costume this year. But because I won't be using THAT much over the Halloween season, I decided to bust it out early and use it for my day-to-day makeup as I was seeking a setting powder anyway. The powder doesn't add a pale cast to my face and keeps my makeup set for the entire day. My blush (Everyday Minerals "Back to School") tends to fade by the end of the day or melt off my oily face and this powder preserves my look. Another thing I like is that it keeps my forehead from getting too greasy, which in turns, makes my bangs greasy and separate. Gross huh? This powder is totally worth the money and is readily avaliable on eBay, Amazon and costume make-up websites.

Recommended for Normal Skin