December 22, 2014 | 1614 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is a great product for so many things.
It's the best dry shampoo ever. I've tried many dry shampoos and they don't work for me. I can't get rid off my greasy roots with those real dry shampoos, they only make my hair look even more greasy. This baby powder works so well. I have brown hair and I can use it, even if it's white powder. When I dust it on my roots and massage it on my scalp and brush my hair after that, it only leaves my hair a bit matte, but that's acceptable for making my greasy roots disappear and making my hair smelling good and feeling clean.
The other thing I use it for is freshening up in the summer. I carry this bottle on my purse when it's really hot outside. Whenever I feel sweaty and hot, I go to the bathroom and apply this powder on my body, wherever I need freshening on. It makes me feel instantly clean and fresh.
I also use this baby powder after shaving, on those areas. It soothes and leaves the skin really smooth and silky feeling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

This product is SO multiuse!!!!

I use it to thicken my lashes :D Instead of forking out on lash primers etc, just sweep a coat of your mascara on your lashes as usual, then using an eyeshadow brush of sorts, dab some baby powder onto the lashes while mascara is still wet/damp. Leave till dryish then apply more mascara. Repeat however often to gain your desired thickness and length of lashes!

Who needs false lashes? Not me!!! x

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by emmijaydot

Great dry shampoo, and a fantastic price. The only reason not to use it on the face, according to the Johnson and Johnson website, is so you don't inhale it. If you're careful, it should work fine to use a bit as face powder. If you're scared of talc causing cancer, Burt's Bees has a relatively inexpensive baby powder available without any talc or preservatives! But I haven't tried that on the hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by pavitt

I love baby powder, you can use it for EVERYTHING!! I use it as a dry shampoo for my hair. I only wash my hair 3X a week max so in between washes my hair can get oily. But I just take some baby powder and sprinkle it on my roots and my hair looks great! It looks like I just washed my hair and plus it smells nice!! So ladies save your money on dry shampoo and buy a bottle of baby powder!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT!

i was soooo suprised to find that even using it every day for diaper chages, a bottle(?) has laster 18 MONTHS! a single package! amazing!

and after bath time we even dust a little all over our LO to keep him dry and soft. works great, and then he smalls all nice :)

we've never had any skin irritation or anything, and my skin is somewhat sensitive

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by smohamed04

Best usages for this product:

-Dry shampoo, as already mentioned. When your hair is getting greasy and you don't want to wash it, put some on, try to get it in at the scalp. The whiteness will go away after some time, if not, take your blowdryer to get rid of the excess
-deodorant - this is if you don't sweat too much, it's very light
-RUBBING (Best tip EVER alert!!!) - in the summer when you're wearing a dress/skirt and your thighs start rubbing together. To avoid the pain and swelling that rubbing causes, use baby powder!! It's a miracle worker for those of us with larger thighs, or as I like to call them, "thunder thighs" (FYI large thighs are sexy)

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I used to use baby powder before I started to use Batiste dry shampoo. It works just as well but you need to be careful with the amount you apply since it can come off looking a little powdery especially if you have dark hair. I only stopped because I preferred the convenience of a can. (I know, I'm lazy). But, there are endless uses for baby powder. As a kid during swim practices, we used baby powder in swim caps to prevent the rubber from sticking together. Works as a deodorant too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by pololuvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

best dry shampoo EVER!!! i recently cut my hair to shoulder length and I have to straighten it because it's cut through where it would usually wave so it just looks awkward. because it's smooth and straight i find myself touching/playing with it all day that by the next day it's super greasy and i HAVE to wash it. i used this as a dry shampoo last night and TOnight my hair still looks dry and does not need washing which means i can wash it every two days instead of every other day! i have dark hair so it looked powdery at first but i shook it off and i guess sleeping helped with absorption? because this morning it looked fine. got the cornstarch kind and i love the scent

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I love baby powder - for the skin and the hair.
I always apply it after baths and use it as a dry shampoo (though I have to be careful as my hair is dark, and if I apply too much it looks grey... and 16 year olds don't have grey hair!).
I just recently started using it as a setting powder... I really like it as I am SUPER fair and this helps my other foundations and powders match my skintone.
I'm just a bit wary now about the talc in it - then again, I'm sure 90% of the make-up we wear has things that can harm us in it, they're just not widely talked about (*cough*MAC*cough*). I will continue to use it, just not excessively.
I may actually start plugging my nose and closing my mouth when I apply it, just to be on the safe side!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love baby powder! When I started stretching hair washes I used this as a dry shampoo and it did the job well. Now after reading other reviews I MUST try it as a setting powder.