December 19, 2014 | 1056 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by shereenzargham

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best soap in my life,,,having excellent qualities..It gives me glowing and bright face,,,love dove

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Nova0407

I've been using dove since I was a little girl. Use it as a body wash and to was my face! I've heard to never use bar soap as a face wash but it's really gentle on my acne prone skin! The best way to use it is to lather the soap in your hand, keep working with it until it turns into a creamy foam, then gently massage onto face. Dove never dries out my skin, it adds a bit moisture. I've never had any skin issues while using this on my face. I love it! And it's super cheap! I buy them in bulk at costco.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by pandafever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry, very sensitive skin, but I'm not a fan of shower gels. Most bar soaps are way too drying or irritating for me. Dove is the only soap that doesn't feel like it's stripping my skin. I really love the creamy lather and the smell! It's creamy enough to shave my legs with! I was an Ivory girl for years, but in the winter months my skin just cannot take it! Now, I still have to lather up with Vaseline after I get out of the shower, but my skin is much, much less irritated.
On a side note, I know many people use Dove as a face wash, and I tried it, but even Dove dries out the skin on my face. I do MUCH better with Noxzema when it comes to my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Keekeekhatun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing cleanser, so moisturising but not filmy or anything. It just the best. My skin has been acting up coz of hormones and a pharmacist I work with recommended cetaphil which I tried and hate now ew it's so stripping and doesn't even feel comfy on my face. Dove beauty bar it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Shadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Best soap for face and body!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by toofaced1112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is sort of an update, since I wrote a previous rave review for the Dove pink beauty bar,which is technically the same formula, except it's prettier and has a better scent.

I love this beauty bar, but I feel like I'm always on the prowl for the next best thing. Like, in my head, there's always something better than whatever I'm using, and I HAVE to have it.. there should be some sort of addiction program for people like myself. My best friend was here from out of the states, and we were shopping at WalMart, and she picked up a handful of Ambi complexion bars. I was immediately intrigued, and when she told me it keeps her from breakouts and keeps her skin clear, and even promises to brighten your skin (i don't know why I was even interested in that), I had to give it a try. I liked it at first, but a few days ago, I noticed that there was a red inflammation and slight rash forming around my mouth, I washed my face, and pretty much every area of my face was red. Not to mention it was just dry and uncomfortable. As much as I wanted to like that soap, my skin obviously didn't.

I threw it away, and looked in my mom's bathroom drawer and thankfully saw an unopened Dove beauty bar, and washed my face, as I have every morning and night following. Three days later, the rash is gone and the few pimples I had, have either dried up or are in the process of doing so. , I think I have found my HG cleanser/makeup remover. i won't make said mistake again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by starberr1e

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I prefer bar soaps to gels/body washes. Dove smells great and doesn't dry out my skin or break it out, and even helps calm my mild KP. I don't use it on my face, so I can't comment on its efficacy there, but for bath and body, it's unbeatable. There are cheaper soaps out there, but I don't normally bother with them. This is my HG soap for fall and winter, full stop!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by CupcakesAndUnicorns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dove is the only soap I've tried which doesn't dry me out like a piece of leather, give me a rash, or make me itch. I use it all over my body, including my face and lady bits, and have never ever had any kind of bad experience with it (which is a miracle for me and my drama queen skin!). This is by no means a miracle product, but it does exactly what it claims it will: Gets you clean without dryness or irritation, and softens your skin quite nicely.

I took off a lippie for fragrance and price. The fragrance is okay, but I'd rather it was slightly weaker. Does't linger though, which is good, and I put up with it because I hate the smell of the Sensitive Skin Bar. As for the price, I wish I got more product for the price I pay. Dove is a little more expensive than most soaps, but the bar is smaller than other soap bars. I will never stop re-purchasing though, so I guess I shouldn't complain!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by socalgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best bar soap that I've used. It is moisturizing and I use it all year round. I used to use it on my face, but it has a really strong scent when applied to the face. I stopped using it on the face though because I don't think it's good to use bar soap on the face. Anyway, the bar soap is perfect for my body and it doesn't leave me feeling dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Bberry15

I love this bar it is my holy grail.I have been using it for many years now.It makes my skin feel really soft and it smells really good.I bought a diffrent bar thinking it could be better but it was really drying so i had to move back to dove oh How I love this bar.Thankyou dove!!