Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.8

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 11/29/2011 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

So it doesn't sting, no greasy residue, also, doesn't remove! I have to wear waterproof eyeliner and mascara all winter long. Smears it a little, doesn't take it off. Got it in a blockbuster kit. Will not purchase again. Soap and water works about as well. I gave it a 2 for not stinging and not being greasy.

on 11/27/2011 1:15:00 AM

Doesn't sting, feels clean. But doesn't do crap for waterproof makeup. Several seconds of rubbing later, my MUFE Aqua Eyes is smeared all over my face. Sexy.

on 11/26/2011 3:50:00 PM

I really don't understand why this product has such bad reviews. I tried it for the first time and I couldn't believe how perfect it is. Not oily AT ALL, actually it is like water, removes all eye makeup instantly, no need to rub, no smudging, no greasiness, no dryiness... I am in love!

on 11/1/2011 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Stings. 'Nuff said. Very weak, it takes a long time and many swipes to get off my eye makeup. I much prefer using plain coconut oil to take off my waterproof mascara. Don't recommend.

It works okay, I've used generic Walmart brands work about the same as this.

I don't care for the smell, and it tends to sting my eyes a bit. Feels kind of oily too.

on 8/28/2011 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this product as part of a Estee Lauder gift package. I like this remover. It does a good job removing rich pigmented eyeliners, shadows, and mascaras. I use only to remove heavy eye make up. I apply using a cotton ball or Q-tip depending on the type of make up I'm removing. It's gentle enough to use on my waterline and eyelashes. No burning or redness occurs on eye skin and it never irritates my eyes. 1 bottle has lasted me 6 months so far and it's still half full.
I don't like that I can't use it for correcting make up errors..
I wouldn't repurchase because I'd still rather use olive oil, much cheaper.

on 8/17/2011 5:46:00 PM

It smudges your make up more than it cleans. For example you are cleaning an eyeliner smudge with a cotton bud, it even smudges more. Plus you need 3 cotton balls each eye to completely remove all the traces because you have to clean up those smudge. Not worth your dollars. Rimmel's gentle eye makeup remover is way better than this because:
It's cheaper like $5 for a medium size bottle.
It dissolves eye makeup gently and doesn't smudge it around your eye corner when cleaning.

on 8/1/2011 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received this as part of a gift pack present - BURNED my eyes terribly! I used it for 2 evenings and the skin around my eyes became dry, flaky, puffy and red and they stung like hell! I'm not one to throw products out usually but this one has been filed under B-I-N. And yes, I also found like some of the other reviewers (which I read after I had used this!) that it didn't quite get rid of all my mascara either.

I'll be sticking to the Clinique take the day off cleansing balm and Take the day off make up remove for lashes and lids.

on 6/24/2011 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am really surprised at all of the negative reviews on this eye makeup remover! I love this stuff; it's my HG makeup remover! It really removes all my makeup after a long day, it's not oily at all, and I don't find smudged makeup remaints under my eyes in the mowning when I wake up. This removes waterproof makeup as well (waterproof makeup is all I wear!). I know this eye makeup remover is the true hero (not just having, say, easily removable makeup or my facewash doing the trick or something) because I am a makeup junkie and I have tried all different kinds of makeup and facial cleansers and such. This is the only remover that does a consistently nice job! I tried the popular favorite Mary-Kay eye makeup remover, and I don't like that at all in comparison to this stuff. Mary Kay doesn't remove all the makeup and it's SUPER oily.

Dont listen to the negative reviews! This makeup remover is the best!

on 6/23/2011 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hmm is this eye makeup remover supposed to be soooo gentle that it doesnt remove hardly anything at all lol? I'm so confused with this product. I'm so happy this was a freebee in my bag cause I would be pissed or return it if I actually paid for this. First off you have to use a ton of it to get any eye makeup off. I wear a ton of mascara,a little eyeliner ,and sometimes shadows. Then after I use so much product no makeup hardly comes off and if a small amount gets into your eyes it stings. It's ineffective and painful so what good is this? I use olive oil as my gentle eye makeup remover and is great for my lashes also,give that a try for natural and gentle