Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

It's nothing special. It does kind of smudge my eye makeup around my eye area a bit, but if I just wipe that off right away it's fine. Not sure on the price of this, as one of my friends had given it to me, but considering it's Estee Lauder I'm guessing it's quite expensive and I doubt it is worth the price. There are plenty of eye makeup removers that do the job without smudging makeup around your face, and many of them are much cheaper. I'll give it a 3 though, because it is very gentle and doesn't cause problems for sensitive eyes like mine.

on 12/12/2011 1:41:00 PM

I really love this. Again not sure where the negative comments are coming from ... I used this for a long time and then due to the high price of this i switched to the Boots Simple make up remover. I used it for a while but this one you really have to rub and still doesnt remove every trace of makeup. I just had to rebuy it again b/c it really is the best i have tried. It is not oily, doesnt irritate the skin and removes every trace of makeup. The price is high for this sort of product but i dont think i can live without it so gotta splurge!

on 12/8/2011 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have a full bottle of this that I got with their blockbuster 2011. I have to be very honest and say it's so-so. I wear waterproof eyeliner and mascara and it just doesn't take that off without a significant work.

But I will say that it reminds me of Lancome Bi-facil. Not quite as good as Lancome but it's fairly comparable.

Again to be honest, I've said on other posts here when reviewing makeup it's not always about price point. And I just don't see that this or Lancome is worth the extra money over drug store removers. In fact, because I wear waterproof eye makeup I prefer a remover that has some oil in it and I have very sensitive eyes. I prefer that formulation because it takes the eye makeup off without tugging and pulling.

So if you don't care about price point and want a department store makeup remover I have to say go with Lancome rather than this one. (And I collect Estee Lauder and am pretty much an EL fan).

on 11/29/2011 9:46:00 PM

I was so surprised when I started reading these poor reviews! I'm am starting to wonder if they have re-formulated this product? I have a family member that gave me several bottles of this remover. I recently ran out and have been using a bottle of Clinique which I also like. I'm putting the Estee Lauder makeup remover on my Christmas wish list. I really hope it's the same as what I've been using because I'm so confused by these bad reviews. I recently got a generic makeup remover from my local grocery store thinking all were removers were the same but I was wrong! It burned and had a gross smell. I also picked up L'Oreal gentle eye makeup remover a few weeks ago and now that product was disappointing! I use MAC eyeshadow and I had to rub so hard to get it off. That's when I found a bottle of Clinique and switched to that immediately. Once I'm done this review I'm going to see what people had to say about L'Oreal because there is no way that product could get better reviews that the Estee Lauder remover! So confused....

on 11/29/2011 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

So it doesn't sting, no greasy residue, also, doesn't remove! I have to wear waterproof eyeliner and mascara all winter long. Smears it a little, doesn't take it off. Got it in a blockbuster kit. Will not purchase again. Soap and water works about as well. I gave it a 2 for not stinging and not being greasy.

on 11/27/2011 1:15:00 AM

Doesn't sting, feels clean. But doesn't do crap for waterproof makeup. Several seconds of rubbing later, my MUFE Aqua Eyes is smeared all over my face. Sexy.

on 11/26/2011 3:50:00 PM

I really don't understand why this product has such bad reviews. I tried it for the first time and I couldn't believe how perfect it is. Not oily AT ALL, actually it is like water, removes all eye makeup instantly, no need to rub, no smudging, no greasiness, no dryiness... I am in love!

on 11/1/2011 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Stings. 'Nuff said. Very weak, it takes a long time and many swipes to get off my eye makeup. I much prefer using plain coconut oil to take off my waterproof mascara. Don't recommend.

It works okay, I've used generic Walmart brands work about the same as this.

I don't care for the smell, and it tends to sting my eyes a bit. Feels kind of oily too.

on 8/28/2011 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this product as part of a Estee Lauder gift package. I like this remover. It does a good job removing rich pigmented eyeliners, shadows, and mascaras. I use only to remove heavy eye make up. I apply using a cotton ball or Q-tip depending on the type of make up I'm removing. It's gentle enough to use on my waterline and eyelashes. No burning or redness occurs on eye skin and it never irritates my eyes. 1 bottle has lasted me 6 months so far and it's still half full.
I don't like that I can't use it for correcting make up errors..
I wouldn't repurchase because I'd still rather use olive oil, much cheaper.