December 19, 2014 | 1483 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser II

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 5:54:00 AM More reviews by hmal74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this cleanser as a step towards no 3 in this serie. It's great for the skin. I have sensitive, dry skin and it worked perfectly on me. Really deminishes the pores and peels of that dry flakes and dull skin you want to get rid of. Very gentle, but if you haven't tried alpha hydroxy before, start with no 1. I'm a big fan of MD Forte and I use it every day. Will never stop using it, at least not the cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2007 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sleake

I just don't know about this product. This is the second MD Forte product I have tried and didn't fall in love with either. The first week, everything seemed fine, but during the second week I started breaking out. My derm told me emphatically to keep using it, that my breakouts were probably jusy hormonal and they would go away. Six weeks later, I am still breaking out when I normally just break out around my period. My skin does feel softer, but appears ruddier and my pores look larger, not smaller. Also, in pictures from my recent trip, my lines are standing out even more. Maybe glycolics are not for me....

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2007 1:23:00 PM More reviews by clarefromcali

This was a free sample, thank GOD!

I don't know why, but skincare producers constantly think that acne-prone and/or oily skinned people need more oil or creamy substance-junk for their skin? May apply to some people, but for me, I need to stay away from cleansers like Cetaphil, you know, the type of wash that provides you the option to either wipe clean with a wash cloth or rinse off. I tried this stuff, followed the directions, and my skin looked like it was just massaged with peanut butter. Next day, I grew some weird-looking red rashes that looked like a pimply cyst of a whole different variety. So, I walked around that whole day with pimples and a dull-looking crisco complexion. Ugh! Stupid me, I decided to cleanse my face again that night with this crap. Oh! this time, more pimply erruptions grew, in addition, dried skin started to shed. I couldn't believe this was happening to me after using such a fine and highly-regarded product made from M.D. Forte. Needless to say, it wasn't my skin "getting used" to the new product, no, I was having a full-fledge allergic reaction... So, I went back to Neova's Radiant Cleanser (Ahhh, my salvation beauty-reviver)... Took a couple of days, but my skin is back to its original state of calmness. This said, I think maybe the M.D. Forte cleanser was fashioned more for the non-sensitive faces. For me, it was a nightmare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thank you MUA! Finally a cleanser that's ACTUALLY helped with my monthly (hormonal) breakouts. Was a bit hestiant at first, but SO thrilled that I bought it. It's a bit pricey, purchased it at a local dermotologist office, however I had to wait 3 WEEKS! Apprantely this cleanser is in high demand...I see why. By the way, I've only experianced mild stinging sensation. Not surprised since I've used so many other crappy products on my face. Update 4/5/10 I stopped using this...only God knows why! Well, my face started acting crazy, so I kept asking myself what was I using way back when my face was clear? I remembered this and went and repurchased...happy to say my face looks awesome once again! Will keep purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 2:17:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Purchased this item based on the excellent feedbacks on Product Reviews as well as the Message Boards, and have recently (almost 5 weeks) started using MD Forte as well as Afirm and now these products I highly recommend with any skincare issues (clearing up of acne and actual witnessing of fine lines or discolorations disappearing - normally I have used products in the past where I only had a temporary fix, but MD Forte and Afirm get my highest recommendations.) The Facial Cleanser II while gave me a bit of stinging and still does, the discomfort is only temporary but the changes have been incredible. Great cleanser which I consider more of a treatment product then an actual cleanser (not the best choice if you are looking to remove makeup and I always use a seperate makeup remover prior.)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2007 8:40:00 AM More reviews by HippyChick0u812

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I switched recently from dermadoctor glycolic to this MD Forte Glycare 2 cleanser.
I have been using it for about 4 months now and am extremely happy with it. My skin is already very used to glycolics and this works great and exfoliation and anti-aging too. The cleanser itself is a no soap, non oily cleanser and also a non foaming. It is a creamy type. I find it removes all my face makeup easily too. I have seen quite a bit of improvement in my clogged pores which is my big issue. I should say that I'm 42. I feel like this is a great cleanser for me who still has oily skin and an occsional breakout too. It cleans, softens and renews skin by taking off the dead cells. My nose is almost clog free now and it is a joy not to look in the mirror and see all those horrible little clogs :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2006 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Trin598

I've been using this cleanser for about a month and so far have been very pleased. My skin is very oily and acne-prone, but VERY resistant. I use a pretty large dollop of this every AM and PM over my dry face. Massage it in for a minute or so, then give it another 30 sec or so before using a baby washcloth to rinse off. By this time I am feeling some very slight tingling. My skin has definitely been showing improvement. The tone is more even and my pores less noticeable. I just ordered the III formula hoping for even better results.
Thing I can do without is the rounded cap over the screw on cap. Looks good I guess, but necessary? No. Came off whenever I tried to unscrew the cap, and I ended up throwing it away. I do like that you can see through the bottle (if held to the light) to see how much is left.
This is not an inpensive option, but I don't mind paying for something that works.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2006 10:01:00 PM More reviews by ApriLynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good cleanser if you have DRY skin because it contains Glycolic Acid (AHA) which acts as an exfoliant. If you are looking for something to clear up acne, this may not be for you (you need a product with BHA/Salicylic Acid). The concentration of Glycolic Acid in this cleanser is a bit high (15%) which may be more than necessary, so you need to be careful not to get it into the eyes at all. I've also noticed lips are much dryer, which may be from this cleanser - Otherwise, a good product - leaves my skin very soft and smooth!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ndclarktn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was having major breakout problems about a month ago but didn't want to spend money on yet another product that wouldn't work. I found this in the cabinet and within 3 days my breakouts were clearing up and I wasn't getting any new ones. I've also used Facial I before and it took so much longer to work. I have mild rosacea and it's aggravated just a tiny bit, but clear skin is worth a bit of red on my cheeks. I use DHC oil cleanser to take off makeup, MDF II for cleansing (2x day) and then follow up with Olay for Sensitive Skin cream. Since using this product, extra exfoliation (always enzyme because scrubs are too harsh) hasn't been necessary. Am very happy with results and won't be without it again.

If you're trying to decide which to buy -- I or II -- buy II and return and take a step down if it's too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2006 12:45:00 PM More reviews by twoolivespainting

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I use it once or twice a week to keep spots at bay. (I have rosacea, so it's too strong for me to use every day.)