October 1, 2014 | 1880 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Ajimenez531

I love this powder! I use it to set my undereye concealer and my t-zone it brightens up my face and controls oil. It is inexpensive and will last forever, I feel like I'm never going to run out. I have extremely sensitive skin and this has not caused my skin to breakout. I love it, I'd pay more for it, it is absolutely worth it.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Sherwithans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a very pale girl but this works great for me because of my warm undertones & use of bronzer! If compliments my bronzer wonderfully as setting for under eye concealer. It is very yellow though, so I wouldn't recommend for fair skin cool tones or neutral for that matter.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ekristensen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

To be perfectly honest, this is a cheap product and it is NOT the holy grail that everyone makes it out to be! It is a simple translucent setting powder - that's it. It is not a miracle worker that will instantly turn you into Kim Kardashian (sorry).

The bottle it comes in is just a cheap plastic bottle; for the price point that's totally fine but it's a pain to get it out of the sifter top without it going absolutely everywhere or releasing more product than you need. The powder is categorised as being translucent with a tinge of pigment - not a lot, you won't get a heavy (or even a medium) coverage with this, though it is not suitable for all skin tones, despite what some people believe! If you have very dark skin, this will make you ashy.

It's fine if you just want a facial setting powder but don't be fooled into thinking this will solve all your problems. It is just a loose powder. That's it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Aralechan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is super powdery, a cloud of yellow haze when releasing the powder. It's great because it's super matte, but that also means I can only use it on my T-zone or my face ends up looking too powdery and fake. No problems with breaking out so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by GKam137

I bought this product as I had heard great reviews.

I am an Indian woman and every foundation I would use would make me look too orange or ashy...so I bought this more as a corrector (and because I have an oily t zone).

Pros:It did make correct the tone of my skin - the yellow really helped. It seemed to stay on pretty much all night and set my make up really well.

Cons: I don't like the bottle it comes in - the powder either does everywhere or too much comes out etc. It did dry my skin out too.

Please note: I only brought this product in the winter months so maybe in the spring it will be better on my skin as my skin has been really dry lately!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I thought that I had previously reviewed this but realized an oversight on my part. I have been using Ben Nye's banana powder for years as this always helped counteract any unwanted redness from use of Retinol products or atmospheric irritants that wreck havoc on my sensitive skin. Especially redness that was not well covered with light foundations. I have even used this product on its own on days when I didn't feel like applying foundation or tinted moisturizer and still felt the need to do something to counteract redness.

The yellow tint of the banana powder is not for all skin tones and works best with medium tones or like me, those suffering from redness. If you are very fair or very deep toned, Ben Nye has a complete line of Luxury Powders that give the same smooth and pore-less finish in other colors. I will occasionally mix Cameo and Banana together for a less yellow tinged color and still see the smooth finish I desire.

I have learned a couple of different ways to apply, depending on what I wish to accomplish. If I am just setting my make-up for a smooth, pore-less, I will shake a bit in the palm of my hand and take my powder brush and lightly dust across my face. If I am working to reduce redness, I will sprinkle a bit into a velour powder pouf while holding like a taco shell. I will then rub the sides of the pouf together to evenly distribute the powder and then turn the pouf inside out with the powdered side facing my face for application. I gently roll the pouf across my cheeks to push the powder into my face to get heavier application. Once I get the results I desire take my powder brush and gently sweep across the area to dust away any loose powder. This method definitely gives a heavier application for hiding severe redness but if not done correctly can end up looking cakey so be careful and do a little at a time to achieve coverage without going too thick.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been very happy with Ben Nye products. Bana Visage powder has treated me very nicely. The powder itself is very fine and has a pale/yellowish tint. This ensures that your foundation will not be changed and if you need something for under your eyes for your bags, I highly recommend.

A little goes a long ways!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I can't fall in love with this powder. I know it's meant for deeper skin tones than mine, but I thought it might be a nice corrective powder for my under eyes, or for setting foundation that is too pink on me (aka nearly everything from the drugstore). I just find that my concealer under my eyes creases when I use this to set it, and it also clings to any areas of my face that have concealer applied to them, and oxidizes throughout the day. I end up with yellowy looking patches where I've concealed. It does do a great job at getting rid of the redness in my cheeks, but so does just about any powder with a hint of coverage to it. I find that the packaging is also a nightmare to work with.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by underage

So I didn't want to fall onto the bandwagon with this one but I finally gave in and tried it. It's amazing! I had been using the Bare Minerals Well Rested powder but it made my eyes look kind of white. This does not do that. It also makes the under eye area look smoother! I tried it on my mom as well and it had the same effect. I have fair skin but it doesn't look too yellow on me. I also tried it on other areas of my face I had highlighted and it worked great! I don't like the packaging though. It's pretty messy. I also don't like the fact that I can't buy this at a store but other than that it's awesome!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by TheStyleChronicles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are very pale, fair skinned. Try the "Cameo" shade of this powder for the same effect, only not yellow. Banana is yellow toned, so it is great for medium to darker complexions. The "Cameo," shade is more white, pink based so it works better for lighter colors.