November 23, 2014 | 1013 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by ascopes

I was so excited to purchase this product. I've seen many youtube videos that give rave reviews so I was very happy when it arrived in the mail. After I tried it, I was so disappointed. First off, it leaves a horrible yellow tint to my face but that wasn't even the worst thing about it - it made my skin super shiny and oily within a couple of hours. I am confused as to how a loose powder could do this but as soon as I stopped using it, the oiliness stopped. I am more than willing to swap this. Horrible product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff seriously is amazing I use it a tiny bit to set my makeup and honestly my makeup esp my t-zone barely got oily the whole day. looks good in photos and in person! definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by mackenzielovesmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have always wanted to try this powder for under the eye concealer, and it doesn't really do the job all that well. I got the yellow color, and it looked awful on my skin since it is a pink undertone. I had heard that even though it is a yellow color, it will not leave a yellow film on the skin, which it does. I recommend getting the white color, for all skin colors . I hate the way you have to dump it out of the container. It does help if you add this before putting on eyeshadow to prevent fall out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- matte finish
- prevents creasing
- controls oil
- brightens face

CONS

- packaging
- powdery

COMMENTS: First thing I will say is when you get this...poke a couple of holes without removing the cover. This will prevent too much powder from leaving the bottle and waste less product. You can also cover some holes with tape. I don't find this to be that finely milled as others say. I find my NYX and ELF HD powders to be more finely milled, but it still doesn't settle into my fine lines and does prevent creasing. I would not recommend this for fair skin as it is very yellow (medium to dark skin tones only). If you do find the pigment too strong, then I recommend applying with a brush and buffing it in - the effect is much more subtle. The finish is very matte, which is fine...but it can also look very powdery. A little goes a long way, so try not to overdo it especially if you have dry skin. There's also some nice oil control here and I can see this lasting a pretty long time.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Anahata66

Thank goodness for Youtube. I saw this being used in a makeup tut. I use it to set the concelaer under my eyes, WOW! This is such a fine silky powder that I haven't seen a crease in the makeup yet! this literally leaves the area under my eyes flawless. I wish I had learned about it much sooner. I see that the banana color should be used by people with more of an olive color. I think if I were fair skinned I would try another color. The banana powder only refers to the color and was made huge by KKs maukeup artist. There are other colors, so give them a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by aleshoane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The sad fact of the matter is, this is a dry and chalky powder on my face. It doesn't control oil and it doesn't make me look better - and let's face it folks, if it doesn't make me look better, than it's a waste of money. The yellow tint effect is great - I just wish the powder was more fine milled than it is. I suppose this is the consequence of buying a loose powder as opposed to a pressed powders.

Plus side is that it's still usable to set undereye concealer. Overall, I think it's okay. Mario Dedivanovic obviously knows what he's doing on Kim K, but I muse that her skintype may work better with this powder - mine is dehydrated and oily, and I prefer a dewy finish overall.

This stuff lasts forever. I've had it for about 10 months and I'd estimate 4/5 to be left in the jar. So bang for your buck? Yes... IF it works for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I know everyone loves this but I honestly don't. I did really like it at first but as I started to wear it more, I began to realize it looked kind of bad. Compared to the majority of loose powders I've used, it's not as fine, it's got a bit more grit to it. I find it to be quite dry, almost chalky. Not good if you've got dry undereyes. I'm pretty tan (NC37-NC40 at the moment) and I feel as if it's a bit too yellow & not as brightening as I'd like. Maybe it's due to the fact I have a more neutral-warm undertone. But more then anything, I'm disappointed with the texture & finish of this powder. It makes anywhere I put it look more dry then it actually is. I can see this working better applied with a damp beauty blender-type sponge but as I've used it, I'm not really impressed. Perhaps it's the corn starch & rice starch ingredients that don't agree with me so I've found a powder without those 2 ingredients, Almay Smart Shade Loose Finishing Powder in Light & it works awesomely to brighten up certain areas of my face. It doesn't have the yellow tone that the Banana powder does, it's more skintoned & neutral so I think it works better for me. It's much more fine, smooth & silky in comparison yet has a nice tint that can be built up to brighten without feeling or looking dry & chalky. So all in all, not a fan of the Banana powder. I guess it's just one of those products that works for most people that doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Ajimenez531

I love this powder! I use it to set my undereye concealer and my t-zone it brightens up my face and controls oil. It is inexpensive and will last forever, I feel like I'm never going to run out. I have extremely sensitive skin and this has not caused my skin to breakout. I love it, I'd pay more for it, it is absolutely worth it.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Sherwithans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a very pale girl but this works great for me because of my warm undertones & use of bronzer! If compliments my bronzer wonderfully as setting for under eye concealer. It is very yellow though, so I wouldn't recommend for fair skin cool tones or neutral for that matter.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ekristensen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

To be perfectly honest, this is a cheap product and it is NOT the holy grail that everyone makes it out to be! It is a simple translucent setting powder - that's it. It is not a miracle worker that will instantly turn you into Kim Kardashian (sorry).

The bottle it comes in is just a cheap plastic bottle; for the price point that's totally fine but it's a pain to get it out of the sifter top without it going absolutely everywhere or releasing more product than you need. The powder is categorised as being translucent with a tinge of pigment - not a lot, you won't get a heavy (or even a medium) coverage with this, though it is not suitable for all skin tones, despite what some people believe! If you have very dark skin, this will make you ashy.

It's fine if you just want a facial setting powder but don't be fooled into thinking this will solve all your problems. It is just a loose powder. That's it!