April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Tuscany Per Donna

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2004 8:23:00 AM More reviews by kate8

Oh, the agony! I don't know whether to curse Tuscany or thank Estee Lauder for my marriage. Shortly after Mr. kate8 and I started dating, back around the time of the California Gold Rush, we each bought a fragrance at a local department store. I don't even remember what they were now; what I *do* remember is scampering off to his dorm room to gloat over our booty of samples, which we spread out on the bed like trading cards. "Hey, this one smells kind of nice---you might like this!" he said. He grinned, fumbled, and poured the entire vial onto his newly purchased, highly absorbent comforter and the floor. We cleaned everything repeatedly, but there was no hope; the room *stank* for days. Even months later, if you walked into his room, you could catch an undercurrent of Tuscany per Donna. The amber and hint of spice wasn't so bad, but the vanilla was really sweet; even today, if I catch a whiff of it, my stomach heaves. But as they say, every cloud has a silver lining: in order to escape the stench in his room until it dissipated, he more or less moved into mine. So thank you, Estee Lauder, for a good husband who knows his fougeres from his orientals!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2004 5:23:00 AM More reviews by virgodiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tuscany Per Donna is a beautiful,gently warm ambery fragrance. It's different from all other Estee Lauder scents in that it's not overpowering. And the bottle and box are stunning. A great product all round, though a bit pricey.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 3:45:00 AM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is classified as a refreshing scent. Upon first applying this is VERY SIMILIAR to "White Shoulders" & Guerlain's "Mahora" IMHO. It's a little too much of what I'd call a white floral for my tastes. I read that this is one of EL's most popular scents, but I don't care for it. I can see this smelling great on other people, but it just doesn't for me. I prefer spicy orientals. On the plus side this does come in a lovely box & the color of the fragrance is nice too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2003 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

I love this scent, and I'm VERY picky about perfumes. I started wearing this about 8 years ago, and still use it several times a week. It smells very warm and sexy on me, and men love it. Because I have light skin, the smell doesn't overwhelm (I guess). A scent that comes close to this one is Dior's Addict, but it's so overpowering that I can only wear a dab of it on my wrists. At least I can spray this on my neck and not smell like a whorehouse.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2003 11:37:00 AM More reviews by kaylar

Lovely fragrance. Starts off as a floral, maybe with a bit of fruit mixed in. Then the woody/sandalwood notes begin to dominate. Finally , the herb notes come to the fore with the dry down . When the drydown is complete, I smell amber, sandalwood, and herbs, with the herbs dominating. A complex, satisfying, wonderful fragrance. I recommend the parfum and the 'sensuous body LOTION.' The body lotions smells the most like the parfum-the 'sensuous body CREAM' has a nasty "aftersmell". The powder has a nice scent (very herbal!), but it's pressed. You put on the powder by drawing a stiff brush across the powder lump. I prefer loose powder and a puff. The eau de parfum is OK, but I prefer the parfum because the fruity/floral notes seem to dominate the EDP, and I prefer the woody/amber/sandalwood/herb notes that dominate the parfum. I've received more compliments on this scent than on any other I wear. It's fairly strong, so apply lightly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2003 5:20:00 PM More reviews by uniquelydarcy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only perfume I'll ever wear and I pray they never discontinue it. I received a sample when I was a college student 10 years ago, and I tried all kinds of other scents, but nothing ever compared. It has a lovely, warm, and spicy scent, and yes, men do love it!! Need I say more??

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2003 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Marian48

I like this fragrance. I'm a lover of sandalwood. It's warm and cozy and nice for winter. Use it with a light hand as it is strong, as are most Estee Lauder fragrances.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2003 8:09:00 AM More reviews by snowcone831

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift years ago. I liked it very much and received many compliments. To me it has a very warm inviting smell. Men seem to like it. I would not purchase it again though because this is the fragrance I was wearing when sadly I was going through my divorce.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2003 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Amandine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my first perfume ever and was my signature scent for several years. It's definitely one of those fragrances that draws attention and lingers long after you've left the room. It is quite heavy so I would suggest that you spray the perfume in front of you and then walk into it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2003 5:51:00 PM More reviews by curlyleo

I know not many people like this and you don't see it prominently displayed in stores, but it's one of my top two favorites. It's so warm and sweet and feminine and I will just be so sad if it's discontinued. It makes me feel happy and satified every time I wear it.