July 24, 2014 | 1977 users online

Blush - MAC - Harmony

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by onar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love it. Its not only contouring blush.For me it is a beautiful natural blush! Not red, not orange not anything. Just perfect.Also i use it for the crease of my eye to add more depth to my eye make up with a light eyeshadow ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great matte finish, perfect for contouring for me. I also sometimes use this as an eyeshadow believe it or not...its a great "base" colour when doing a smoky eye with dark browns.
Highly recommended for fair to medium skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is very good for blush and contouring even for pale skin, but will suit everyone as dark as NC30 or such.
It is very buildable and can give you a very subtle effect or a darker, more defined look.
It's definitely not too terracotta/orange like many blushes and bronze powder can be - this doesn't really make you look tan, it's good for shaping your face. It's greyish brown, and looks like a shadow, not an orange.
Definitely worth the price, considering how long it will last.
The best brush to use this with is the 109 or 168 brush by MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You should be fair to medium toned to use this as a darker more olive skin will have this appear ashen/dirty. Overuse of it can cause this effect as well. I've heard people talk of this as a contour, some to good affect others not so good. Harmony looks great in the hollows of the cheek and at temples/around forehead as contour w/a bit of color for that "nude" look. You need a smaller blush/contour brush for this application such as MAC's old #2 brush or their #116. Some have thought that Harmony has too much color and can sometimes come off a bit pink/orange/peach along with it's mostly brown coloring. In that case you may try "Symmety",though I'm not sure if it's still around. Symmetry is similar to Harmony, but has even less color and more Conour/shadow. For instance; Harmony has too much color to use it as contour down the sides of nose or under and along jawline. Symmetry is better for this kind of shading. I think it's name "Symmetry" has to do w/it's usage: to make symmetrical, as in shading/contouring. Both are Highly Recommende when used properly as Symmetry can look dirtier than Harmony when overused or used on the wrong skin tone. I think you get the proper payoff when applied to a liquid/cream foundation as when you apply these over a powder based base such as Studiofix Compact Powder is when you run into them looking dirty because it's too much pigment applied over pigment. The emmoliency of more liqid type bases once set or not will allow these colors to "grab" without overdoing them (which is when their over deposit will cause this ashen/dirty effect.) It seems Sculpting Powder in "Sculpt" would be most appropriate for professional contouring though it may only be available in MAC Pro Stores or online.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Kathryn9

I bought this colour as a contour, because it was raved about on the internet. I like it, but sadly won't buy it again.

Pros: The tone of this colour is great. I hate pinky contour blushes and this one is a true nude. It's not too brown so it doesnt make me look dirty. I also love how there is no shimmer.

Cons: The only con for me is that its slightly too light for my skin tone, and doesn't contour very well for me. I will keep persisting because it's not cheap, but I feel like I have to cake it on to get it an effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

I love Nars' Laguna Bronzer but at times, I have wanted a matte shade to use in defining my cheek bones so decided to try Harmony since most described it as a good blush for contour. I am very pleased with the subtle effect that Harmony produces when applied on my face. At times I do not use any other blush - just it on the hollows of my cheeks and around my forehead. The effect is a sort of neutral, earthy look when I match it with similar eye shadow colors and a nude lip.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by LSpawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually find that Harmony is too red/orange for my skin tone to use as a contour. It ends up looking very "dirty" on my skin- even when used sparingly. I'm a MAC NW20- Nars Deauville- Revlon Photoready Nude- LM Silk Creme Beige Ivory mixed with Cream Ivory- if you're getting a clear picture- My hair is the same colour as Bar Rafaeli (if only we had more in common) lol. Anyhoo, back to the blush...It fails as a blush or contour on my cheeks. However, the formula is great, the last power is solid and my pot of it will last forever. In order to utilize my stash, I use this as an all over lid colour and top it with a metallic of any sort. MAC Harmony blush as eyeshadow was BORN to be used with Urban Decay Half Baked. The golden tones in HalfBaked really play off the warm tones in the blush making my grey eyes POP a grey-blue colour that I really like!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by sofiej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg I recently purchased this blush and I'm already obsessed with it. I use it as a contour/bronzer, sparingly on my NC30-35 skin and it looks SO incredibly natural. This product is easy to build up and I can see how this works on almost any skin tone. It's the best thing ever and PERFECT for daytime wear. In the evening one can pull off something a little more dramatic, but this is a wonderful, wonderful product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

Great blush to use for contouring. When I first purchased I was new to contouring but with practice and lots of blending I got the hang of it. What I love about it is that it has no glitter or shimmer. Also love using it as an eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

I have used this blush a a contour for years and can't believe I haven't reviewed it. On my NC20-25 skin, it is a perfect natural skin tone contour color. Like a good pair of faded jeans, it goes with everything. Love it.