Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

NEW INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Fumaric Acid, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Salix Alba Bark Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Aminomethyl Propanol (05/2011). OLD INGREDIENTS: Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavendar) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium CHloride Phosphate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Acrylkates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, AMinomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben 5/20/09

on 3/24/2011 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Not a fan of this one at all. Doesnt feel like it cleanses my skin. Its greasy feeling to me and leaves a film on my face. Will not buy again!

on 3/24/2011 1:39:00 PM

Great cleanser. I have got a very sensitive skin and I'm allergic to most skin-care. This is the first product that feels totally great on my skin. It didn't give me any irritations or itch. It cleans my face really well and doesn't dry out my face.

on 3/10/2011 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used a sample of this before I bought it. It felt soothing and creamy. My skin never felt dry after using it. I purchased it and discovered once I was back in my daily work routine, that it doesn't take off makeup. The fact that it doesn't lather or foam made me feel unclean. It took off no water based mascara, not even a bit. I would recommend this for someone who has rosacea or really dry skin that doesn't get any clogged pores and certainly doesn't wear makeup.

on 2/25/2011 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I still love Special Cleansing Gel, but I think the bottle I have is contaminated. I can't be so sure, because Ive added Daily Microfoliant every am. Whatever the case I started getting painful little spots. I went and bought Ultra Calming Cleanser under the logical assumption that because I was using Daily Microfoliant, which contains salicylic acid, perhaps with SCG it was too much.
I don't know. I'm not loving it. I really don't like the texture. I dislike gooey, viscous cleansers like spectrogel and the like. I love a foaming cleanser. Also, since I've started using this, my skin has a slightly sandy feel when I wash...a sign to me of mildly clogged pores. I think I'll exchange it for my HG and see if it's a contamination issue.
I'll update. I'd hate to have to ditch the Microfoliant. I've held back on a review because I'm superstitious.

on 2/21/2011 10:46:00 AM

I use this cleanser only to clean my eye make up because I like foam cleanser to wash my face. This cleaser is awsome. When I used other make up removers, I always saw 2-3 eyelashes on the cotton. But this never shed my eyelashes and remove the mascara totally. (I use normal mascara not waterproof) Consequently I love it.

on 2/20/2011 5:16:00 AM

this is a review for ultracalming cleanser for face and eyes. the product has been recently reformulated and i have yet to try the new version. i just wanted to clarify which one i have used because i have heard that they different. anyway this cleanser is awesome. i'm not used to cleansers that don't foam, but i haven't been able to get my usual cleanser so i decided to try this since i've been experiencing a bit of redness and dryness and i really like it so far. it's very silky in texture, a combination of gel and cream. it rinses cleanly off the skin without leaving any residue. just to clear up any confusion from some reviews i read below, this product does not contain any silicone.this is the ingredients for the version that i am using: Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavendar) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium CHloride Phosphate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Acrylkates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, AMinomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

the new, reformulated version no longer contains parabens and i believe has more soothing ingredients but can no loner be used too closely around the eye area.

overall a great cleanser.

on 2/18/2011 5:28:00 AM

I bought this cleanser after having a Dermalogica deep cleansing facial. I have never looked back! What an amazing product, I have extremely difficult skin, fair, oily t-zone, dry cheeks, acne prone and sensitive! I've used so many products over the years but this one is truly making a difference. Unlike Cetaphil it washes off clean (I found cetaphil left a film of sorts) and doesn't clog my pores. It is quite pricey though and the design of the new bottle is a little irritating (it can be hard to squeeze the product out) but on a whole if you want gentle, effective cleansing then this is for you!

on 2/10/2011 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I like using this cleanser when my skin is red and sensitive. The texture is lovely and silky to use, but once my skin is recovered from the redness and sensitivity, I find that the cleanser isn't enough for my oily skin.
I can be sensitive to water in different places, so when my skin is going through a bad phase and I have to travel for work. I take this cleanser with me...apply, massage, tissue off the cleanser and rinse with bottled water.

on 2/4/2011 11:01:00 AM

Iím really enjoying many of the Dermalogica products these days. After having a face mapping done apparently I really should steer more towards products for sensitive skin, something I never took in to consideration. This cleanser reminds me of the much over-hyped Cetaphil in texture and use, but has so much more going for it. Check out the ingredients and see why itís so soothing and calming. Just the smell calms me down. Not being use to a non-foaming cleanser, it was a bit of an adjustment, but now Iím sold, especially using it in conjunction with the Precleanse product Ė another fantastic buy!
Products are pricey, but when it comes to skincare itís important to do it right.

on 11/23/2010 1:40:00 AM

My HG cleanser! I didn't use it before the formula changed, so I have no gripes with that. It works perfectly on my sensitive combination skin. I still suffer from occasional breakouts but they are purely hormonal. I honestly believe that this cleanser helps clear them up more quickly because it removes all excess oil and only leaves the good stuff! My skin is always so soft after using it.