October 21, 2014 | 1962 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Shiseido - The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Henna123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first, I hated this product and thought it was useless. My friend works at Shiseido counter and I told her that this remover did not even remove the mascara base or the lifting mascara. I told her my lashes were coming off b/c those 2 products together are impossible to take off.
She explained to me I was doing it wrong. Your suppose to actually put the cotton ball on your lashes for about 5 seconds and let the remover dissolve the product on your lashes and then wipe down and out. So I tried this method and it made a world of difference. Now actually look forward to putting my mascara on and removing it at the end of the day.
So ladies try this method. Promise it will work!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The wonderful SA from the London Drugs where I usually stop to pick up whatever I'm lemming for gave me a large sample of this (along with a whole bunch of Shiseido skincare & m/u samples) when I picked up Shiseido's Lasting Lift Mascara & yet another Shiseido Mascara Base. I do find that this really effectively removes all of my eye m/u including the notoriously impossible to remove Lasting Lift Mascara - however, I find that this stings a little at times (whereas Lise Watier's dual-phase wp eye m/u removes does not). I did not find it overly greasy, but I do wash my face to remove the rest of my m/u - no nasty film/residual left thereafter.
If I could not purchase Lise Watier's ($22 CND/120ml) then I would purchase this product ($30CND/125ml).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by dodonel

I really like this product. Unlike other reviewers, I do not find it oily or greasy. It easily removes waterproof eye makeup. Doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. Important to remember to shake the bottle before using.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 4:13:00 AM More reviews by coutureisqueen

It works really well and is really gentle, but it's a little TOO gentle for me. I like oilier formulas that spread better; when I put this on the cotton pad it feels like I really have to scrape my skin to get all the m/u off, which I hate. I used up a full bottle of this, which is probably the first time I have finished anything, and I won't be repurchasing. I found my HG eye makeup remover and it's only 1.99-5.99 a bottle-Avon's moisture effective one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by jenniferm6904

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fab remover to take off my MAC fluidline eyeliner!! I also use it to remove stay-on lipcolor. The first couple times I used it, the oily feeling bugged me but I quickly got used to it because dries quickly. I really like the small spout, you can control the how much comes out. I apply two drops on each side of a q-tip. They work much better than cottonballs or swabs. A little of this stuff goes a long way. The only reason I don't give it 5 lippies is that its a tad on the expensive side (about $25) but the bottle lasts a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2006 10:35:00 PM More reviews by jdoe18

I used to love this stuff. It took a little work to get eye makeup off but it felt nice and cool on my face and was not irritating to my skin at all. And it wasn't greasy. However, when I went to back to get another bottle, they had changed the formula and now it works better at getting mascara off but it's just as greasy as everything else. The lack of grease was one of the things that attracted me to it in the first place.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2006 6:18:00 PM More reviews by dumbfishie

This product takes off eyeshadow, eyeliner, but not my mascara!! I'd rather invest in Shu Uemura's cleansing oil--that stuff REALLY gets my mascara off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2006 10:17:00 PM More reviews by evie1121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried MK's version a long time ago, but a friend recomended shiseido for me.

It is a tad expensiveit's $24, but it's lasted me a very long time. Luv the fact that it dispenses from small opening, esp when i used it with q-tips for minor eyeliner touch up or eyeshadow touch up. It has a nice scent and definetly rebuy when i run out. It was gentle on my skin, I didn't have any irritations from this product. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2005 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

This is the worst eye makeup remover I've ever used! I specifically asked whether it was safe for contact lens wearers and was told yes. Well, I beg to differ!! My eyes burn and the oily residue got on my lenses. I couldn't wear my lenses for a few days due to the film that got on them that burned my eyes horribly and made them tear and beet red. Aside from that, it removes eye makeup only minimally better than my $4 Maybelline remover. This junk is going back!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Le_Chat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of Shiseido's Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover. Unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the product. It reminded me of baby oil and seemed oily when applied. I also didn't find that it removed my eye makeup, particularly my mascara, very easily. My inexpensive drugstore brand (Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover) does a much better job for me.