October 23, 2014 | 932 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by JennieT2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolute must-have brush for me. I use this brush daily, great for applying an all over color/packing color on the lid; is also small enough to line the lower lash line as well. Kinda pricey, but has never shed, cleans easily. This is a great brush to have multiples of, especially if you tend to switch up the color of your "main" eyeshadow frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use MAC 239 to apply colours onto my lid, and it gives a dense, compact finish to my eyes. I sometimes use it to smudge my eyeliner as well, and its natural bristles pick up powder and pigments really well. It's a must-have for everyday makeup, especially for beginners - it's conventional and practical with good quality. I will build up my collection of brushes around this brush.

Well, I guess there're many similar yet cheaper brushes out there doing as amazingly as this brush. It's just I have an obsession with collecting MAC brushes. So it's not like 'THE' brush.

Bristles: 4/5
shape: 4/5
versatility: 4/5
application: 5/5
price: 3/5 (Because it's not unique)

Overall: 4/5

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by 417vsj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush!, for me this brush is a must have. Totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a growing collection of MAC brushes now, only because for the first time ever I have decided that the reason my makeup looks so rubbish is because of my brushes. Yes, they are expensive, but it now means that I get brilliant results with cheap (and expensive) makeup, rather than rubbish results with expensive (and cheap) makeup.

So, onto the 239, this is my fave brush. I use this in so many ways, mainly for smudging out eyeliner for a smokey effect. I have had no bristle fallout either, even after cleaning numerous times. This is, without doubt, my desert island brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Sraahz1

The brush does its job very well. You can easily apply eyeshadow. I think this is a must have brush. I don't have the 217 so I can't compare them. But I definitely recommend buying this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by aeaeae7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I loved this brush up until I had lost it a couple weeks ago. Thinking about buying a new one and just in case the other turns up having two. I love this brush for eyeshadow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by stls

If you want a brush to pack color on the lid you can't get any better! I usually use my 217 because I prefer a more defused look for every day but really, 239 is so conventional too, no complains!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This brush is a must-have! I didn't think a shading brush could stand out but after buying this one it really does make a difference. I love it for packing colour on the lid and it's the perfect size. I now own two of these brushes because they are that good!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is a fantastic must-have eyeshadow lay-down brush, for packing the color onto the lid. This brush works better than any I've tried at packing on powder eye-shadows. It packs the color on with the least fallout and with the most true to pan color payoff. Mac 242 is a similar and also fantastic lay-down brush that is made of both natural and synthetic bristles. The 242 is flatter and longer in shape but they both pack on color in an excellent way. The 239 handles powder shadows the best since its made of all natural goat fibers and the 242 works best with cream shadows and primers since it has some synthetic bristles in them. The 239 also works well to get color across the lower lash line and is a good smudger. I find that with the 239, there is no need for a pencil brush for going on the lower lash line. If you have brows that don't need too precise of filling, the 239 also gives a very natural brow finish when turned onto the tip and used as a brow brush. I think the 239 works well with cream products too, it's just that the 242 handles creams better. I think both brushes are must haves.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Whenever somebody asks me what are my top recommended eyeshadow brushes, I tell them: "MAC 187, 129, 217, and 239." There are other MAC brushes that I use and like (such as the 219 and 209 brush), but if I had to choose my top 4 brushes, those would be it.
The 239 Eye Shader Brush, honestly, really isn't that special. The concept isn't new; it's actually pretty traditional. But out of all the regular eyeshadow brushes, this one of best.
The bristles are white, soft, packed, and dense. The density allows for easy eyeshadow application. But please note that this isn't a multi-purpose brush. This brush is made exclusively for packing eyeshadow onto the lid. I also use this brush to apply MAC Pigment (which is a loose, concentrated powder that can be used as basically anything. I use it as eyeshadow though) onto the lid. Although, who knows? There might be other undiscovered uses that I don't know of.
The price, which is about $25, is rather expensive, but that's the kind of price tag you expect from MAC. I'm not sure if it's worth that much though (more like $15-$20).
Would I repurchase? Yes, but I doubt I'll need to.