February 28, 2015 | 1742 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I understand all of the great reviews, but.....

I finally broke down and picked up this brush about 5 months ago. BROKE being the operative word. This is a fantastic brush that applies shadows perfectly to my lids. It's very soft and applies pigments very precisely. It also cleans very easily and I can tell that it will last me a long time.

However, I can (and have) achieve all of the above with numerous other brushes at a fraction of the cost of the 239. I'm not really feeling paying so much money to have MAC stamped on the handle.

I really do like this brush, but it's not so great that I 'save it' for special applications. I won't buy another one, but would never turn it down as a gift. ;-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC brush and I must say that quality is great and I can tell that I will get another few years of use out of this brush. Therefore, donít let the price offset you. Brushes are typically an investment. In addition to working well for powder shadows, this also works well for Armaniís Eyes To Kill Shadows. I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The 239 is one of my first eye brushes and although my brush collection is growing, MAC's 239 is my favorite brush to apply lid colors with. The brush is paddle-shaped, dense and flat which makes it perfect for packing on eyeshadows and pigments. If I wanted to, I could do a whole eye with this one little brush! The bristles are sooo soft, it makes me want to pet it all day! I have recommended this to family and friends and they all love it. I have not had a single hair shed from this brush. I plan to get another 239 because I just love it so much! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by solidcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush. Didn't think a shader brush was necessary, then I bought this and realized the impact a high quality brush has on your makeup. Really packs the colour onto the lids, and I use it to smudge/line sometimes if I'm hurrying, because it's stiff enough for that, but not so much that it doesn't apply colour nicely. Washes great. Worth the purchase because it will give your makeup more bang for your buck.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by JennieT2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolute must-have brush for me. I use this brush daily, great for applying an all over color/packing color on the lid; is also small enough to line the lower lash line as well. Kinda pricey, but has never shed, cleans easily. This is a great brush to have multiples of, especially if you tend to switch up the color of your "main" eyeshadow frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use MAC 239 to apply colours onto my lid, and it gives a dense, compact finish to my eyes. I sometimes use it to smudge my eyeliner as well, and its natural bristles pick up powder and pigments really well. It's a must-have for everyday makeup, especially for beginners - it's conventional and practical with good quality. I will build up my collection of brushes around this brush.

Well, I guess there're many similar yet cheaper brushes out there doing as amazingly as this brush. It's just I have an obsession with collecting MAC brushes. So it's not like 'THE' brush.

Bristles: 4/5
shape: 4/5
versatility: 4/5
application: 5/5
price: 3/5 (Because it's not unique)

Overall: 4/5

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by 417vsj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush!, for me this brush is a must have. Totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a growing collection of MAC brushes now, only because for the first time ever I have decided that the reason my makeup looks so rubbish is because of my brushes. Yes, they are expensive, but it now means that I get brilliant results with cheap (and expensive) makeup, rather than rubbish results with expensive (and cheap) makeup.

So, onto the 239, this is my fave brush. I use this in so many ways, mainly for smudging out eyeliner for a smokey effect. I have had no bristle fallout either, even after cleaning numerous times. This is, without doubt, my desert island brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Sraahz1

The brush does its job very well. You can easily apply eyeshadow. I think this is a must have brush. I don't have the 217 so I can't compare them. But I definitely recommend buying this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by aeaeae7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I loved this brush up until I had lost it a couple weeks ago. Thinking about buying a new one and just in case the other turns up having two. I love this brush for eyeshadow!