August 28, 2014 | 1768 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Moon Beam

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by michellemango

This stuff is AMAZING. It gives my skin a beautiful, dewey glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by xbabe82517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was an impulse buy for me and it's become an HG product for me! I'm lucky enough to have clear, smooth skin with very slightly noticeable pores on my cheeks. I don't wear foundation all over my face, only where I want to even my complexion a little so I only apply foundation to my cheeks and nose - and it's only ever a very small amount. So instead I mix this with my moisturiser for a subtle all-over glow. Then just before I apply blush and bronzer, I apply a little extra to the apples of my cheeks (I don't have cheekbones, as such!), to my forehead, nose and chin. I blend out to ensure it's not shimmer overkill, then apply concealer and then blush and bronzer. I end up with the most perfect, glowing finish! This product also seems to have a slightly mattifying effect on me, and whilst I've never suffered with oily skin, I have noticed that I don't get as much shine on my nose and cheeks when wearing this. Also, this makes my blush - BeneFit Coralista - look even more awesome! It brings out the pink tones of Coralista and also makes it appear smoother. The bronzer I use is Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze, and Moonbeam also makes this look even better! I couldn't live without this product now and will always repurchase, regardless of the price. I much prefer the subtle pinky glow than the usual gold shimmer you get with highlighting products. Despite this having a pink glow, it compliments my medium yellow-toned skin perfectly. I will continue to wear this through winter to make my skin look dewy and fresh. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by BadGirlMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Benefit Moon Beam last summer because the Makeup Artist at Benefit convinced me that Moon Beam would work much better with my skin tone than their other similar produce: High Beam. At the time however, I wasn't convinced. It stayed in my makeup drawer until about 7 months ago when I pulled it out and began using it on my good friend who has a problem with very dark under eye circles. I figured, 'what the heck, I don't use this and who knows it might work'. I mixed the Moon Beam with her concealer and proceeded to conceal her eyes as I usually would and LOVED the results.
--This is just one use I have found.
Moving on: my main use of this product for the past 3 months is doing some MAJOR highlighting of my face. After I apply my foundation and concealer I dab the Moon Beam in 5 places: forehead, cheek bones, bridge of nose, cupids bow, and right under my bottom lip. I then blend the product out with my index finger and powder my face as usual. I have found that by doing this my skin appears as though it is glowing from within as opposed to have an obviously highlight on my cheek bones.

Pros: a little bit goes a long with with this product, long lasting, creates a dewy finish, very subtle
Cons: pricey

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by shaych

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this highlighter is veryyy good...its quite small but lasts absolutely agesss...I literally use one sweep on each area..(more if you like a further glow)

I purchased this a year ago, use it most days and I havent even reached half way the bottle yet..

I apply it to my cheeks, above my cheekbones across, ontop of my blusher...I also apply it just underneath my eyebrows..

it gives me that healthy look and enhances my cheekbones even more after contouring with a bronzing powder...

I think its a great product but as I have read on another review here, I agree that you do need to blend quite quickly or else it dries and leaves a pink streak ..

otherwise fantastic product!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't really get it show up on my NC25-30 skin. It felt nothing only slight shimmer. Also I do not like its pink tone which I was expecting it to be just gold shimmer. Stila has a similar product and works better on me. I think this product is meant either for pale skinned people or tanned people. Just not for the fair-medium skin.

I returned it to Sephora.

For Highlighter I would recommend E.L.F under eye Concealer & Highlighter (the high lighter side really bright where I want to emphasize)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful product! It's amazing and while it works for those of us with yellow undertones, the purplish shimmer it left just didn't work on my NC30 skin. It lasts, it's amazing, I wish it just complimented my skintone more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by mommyholly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Recieved this little gem in a swap. First of all, Its best suited for tan skin, not super pale or super dark. I definitly couldnt get away with this (or anyother Highliter for that matter) in the winter, as my skin is way to pale. But in the summer I darken up nicely. I hate wearing full makeup because its too humid where I live. So usually I just do mascara, blush and lipgloss. Well this replaced my blush. Its gorgeous. Adds the perfect glow to my skin. Build it up and the pink tone really shows through and your left with gorgeous pink shimmer cheeks (think orgasm but glowier). HighBeam in my opionion is more for nightlife, As it is very shimmery. But moonbeam is perfect to sweep on during the day. When I finish my swap bottle, I will be getting another one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG liquid highlighter and also my favorite product from Benefit. I am very pale and neutral, so I find that the opalescent pink/gold works really well on my skin. Also, a little goes a long way so this is a great value for the price. I can't really say anything bad about this product, it works really well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by ruzza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hey guys
This product is really cool stuff and I bought after I saw some reviews on you tube. Would I recommned it??? Yes, but I think you can also use Mac Strobe Cream with absolutely the same result. Seriously, the pink undertone is exactly what strobe cream gives so if you posses one, dont spend more money on moon beam

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I already have eclat miracle which I love but I can't mix it with my foundation and apply it to my whole face cause I'll walk out looking like Casper. The white highlighter looks phenomenal to accentuate but I wanted the dewy skin and it doesn't work with my tanned skin all over so I turned to moonbeam which is supposedly the brown girls hg highlighter and after using it moonbeam falls below my expectations way short.. I would have gotten past the ridiculous packaging really a nailpolish bottle really?! I'm not a benefit fan nor do I ever use their products but moonbeam isn't likely to make me recommend the brand. The consistency is like a runny goo-if that makes any sense? Then the actual product itself is yellow with purple shimmer and a pain in the ass to blend. This does make a difference on my golden/ tan skin but very faint. I am a shade 08 in tient miracle which is pretty damn tan and this is no way the brown girls hg highlighter I put it on and it literally disappears into my face, this would be more the fairer brown girls highlighter with alot of yellow going on under their complexions viet/chinese asian not indian portuguese asian. Idiot that I am I threw away the box and now I'm stuck trying to make it usable mixed in with my foundation but i will continue to use eclat miracle to accentuate eyes, nose, cupids bow etc. overall wouldnt buy again.