November 24, 2014 | 1819 users online

Mascara - Kevyn Aucoin - Volumizing Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2006 5:40:00 AM More reviews by boogs77

This is a great mascara.I've had to spend some time getting used to applying it!IMO the secret to getting the best results is to remove the excess product from the brush with a tissue.Then, wiggle the brush into the roots of the lashes and then zig-zag up to the tips.Wait for it to set slightly(not dry) and then repeat the entire process again.My lashes look enormous and the staying power is great too.P.S-If you apply your mascara with a small hand mirror you will get more control with your application.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2006 3:58:00 AM More reviews by s_o_n_i_a

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hmmm, words to adequately describe how truly underwhelmed / disappointed I am with this mascara ... well put it this way, I'm returning it to Mecca tomorrow.

What can I say, it didn't lengthen, it didn't volumise, nothing. After applying three coats it still looked like I hadn't applied anything [thats if you ignore the one massive super lash, read: clump], so I combed it out and grabbed my DiorShow. As a result I feel terribly under madeup today.

My lashes are very long naturally and I think the brush was just too tiny to deposit any product onto my lashes. It might be okay for people with very short stubby lashes, dunno.

Oh yeah, and the lid doesn't go on properly, and it's slightly stinging my eyes.

Back to DiorShow and Faux Cils for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2005 2:02:00 PM More reviews by LadyChristine

This is everything I had hoped Kiss Me mascara would be. While this uses the same tubing technology that makes the formula virtually smudge-proof (this is also made in Japan), the wand is much smaller (like Lash Discovery's mini-wand) enabling me to get every single lash and deep into the roots. The formula is also drier than Kiss Me so less messy to work with, lighter so holds a curl better, and doesn't clump my lashes together. This mascara is also easier to remove than Kiss me and comes off in little balls rather than stringy tubes. Even though this is advertised as a volumizing mascara, I would actually consider it more of a defining mascara. *Update*: Mascara is clumping more and more on the brush. You need to either blot the wand with paper or use a lash comb to make this product work. This is still my every day HG b/c of the smudge-proof formula and smaller brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2005 7:37:00 PM More reviews by femmearsenal

This is the only mascara that I have ever worn that does not run, smear, or disappear. It stays on all day and I got tons of compliments from co-workers about how "fresh" I looked. My new favorite mascara absolutely. The only downside is the price - $25 - but I suppose it is worth it to actually have make-up that lasts past noon without re-application

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by kanamy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been looking for a good mascara--I have very fine lashes and everything else is impossible to get off, has a big brush that I can hardly fit into my are area, or clumps like crazy. I LOVE this stufff,I was using Lash Discovery so I like the small brush, it gets all my lashes, and makes them really black and look bigger than they are without getting that weird spidery look. Also I love how it kind of rolls off in little balls, no smudging. This is the only one I'm going to buy anymore. Finally I can chuck the other stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2005 12:08:00 PM More reviews by katwalkink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This ain't your mamma's or your sister's mascara...treat it like it just once and you'll have a disaster on your hands! I believe this is the only mascara that truly needs only one coat of application...placing two full coats on no matter how much you've combed through your lashes before hand, puts you at risk of looking like Candi the corner hooker - yikes! Glob city!!! That being said...one coat goes on rather smoothly and very uniform. I had plenty of time to work with the product before it became too *tacky* to work with. You can touch up just the tips with a small second coat without it looking bad. Did I mention that this stuff really stays put? I have oily skin and wear contact lens and thanks to a chic-flick I cried through mine and it still stayed put. The wiper does need some design modifications as it still lets too much product through but it's something I am willing to live with. I really liked the fact the my lashes are crunchy stiff with this stuff on either...Think I found my mascara HG!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2005 11:15:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I've been using this mascara for a week now and it's definitely HG material. I've used nothing but Almay mascara for years and I can't believe I used to think it was good mascara. What was I thinking??? I have naturally long lashes that are pretty thick so mascara tends to clump them together and make me look like I have one big, nasty eyelash. This stuff doesn't clump AT ALL, goes on evenly and easily, looks incredibly natural, doesn't flake or leave little black dots on my cheeks by the end of the day, doesn't irritate my contacts and comes off easily with no racoon eyes. I'm thrilled!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2005 9:31:00 PM More reviews by SMOGDOG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara two weeks ago from beauty.com ($25).
WEEK 1- there is a learning curve because of the skinny brush and the unique texture
WEEK 2- I've mastered the application and have found my HG!!!

Impressive performance and lush lashes!!! Lasts all day and into the night. It does not smudge, smear, flake, run, rub- off, dry out your lashes ,or make your lashes stick together in the middle of the day!
This mascara is a godsend to us girls with oily skin(and even oilier lids!)
K.A. vs. KISS ME -
It stays on just like KISS ME mascara but comes of even easier when you want to remove it. It doesn't make your lashes stiff or matte like KISS ME can. It also has a longer working time than KISS ME. Which is nice if you really want to build some "supa dupa" lashes.

WARNING-YOU WILL NEED A LASH COMB!!
Some people mind, I don't. What's a few more seconds in the morning if I know this mascara will perform beautifully. Plus, I would rather comb than waste this mascara by blotting the wand on tissue.(Did I mention this mascara costs $25 ?!)

P.S. I wear contact lenses and haven't had a problem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2005 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Just_a_Hobby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sigh...I love Kevyn Aucoin's books but this mascara is not as great as he said it would be :(
Last mascara I ever buy...I think not!

I love how black the black is but if your lashes clump together (& they will) you MUST separate them right away!! Otherwise, it's almost impossible to get them apart! This does not flake or smudge but the the lash clumping is just terrible! You will get a dramatic effect if you can keep your lashes apart.

Now, on the the removing of this mascara. Much like Kiss Me mascara this will creates "tubes" of mascara on your lashes. It freaked me out the first time I went to remove this stuff! I rubbed my remover over my lashes as usually. NOTHING, happened. I took my washcloth and gently did a back and forth motion. The mascara started coming off in long tube like strings. UGH! It would get into my eyes and I would end up with black eye boogies. YUCK!

I gave this a 3 for the dramatic effect you can get from the mascara but it is very time consuming. It took me 20 mins to get my lashes apart and I had to reapply because the mascara would disappear after I separated the lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2004 10:33:00 AM More reviews by nkpaduch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of the best mascara's I have used. Does not flake - at all- goes on like silk, and looks fabulous. And this is one of the first mascara's that I can get completely off my lashes at night without it being a major event. Just water and gentle massaging with a washcloth and it is off like magic.