April 19, 2014 | 1991 users online

Mascara - Kevyn Aucoin - Volumizing Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by kanamy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been looking for a good mascara--I have very fine lashes and everything else is impossible to get off, has a big brush that I can hardly fit into my are area, or clumps like crazy. I LOVE this stufff,I was using Lash Discovery so I like the small brush, it gets all my lashes, and makes them really black and look bigger than they are without getting that weird spidery look. Also I love how it kind of rolls off in little balls, no smudging. This is the only one I'm going to buy anymore. Finally I can chuck the other stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2005 12:08:00 PM More reviews by katwalkink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This ain't your mamma's or your sister's mascara...treat it like it just once and you'll have a disaster on your hands! I believe this is the only mascara that truly needs only one coat of application...placing two full coats on no matter how much you've combed through your lashes before hand, puts you at risk of looking like Candi the corner hooker - yikes! Glob city!!! That being said...one coat goes on rather smoothly and very uniform. I had plenty of time to work with the product before it became too *tacky* to work with. You can touch up just the tips with a small second coat without it looking bad. Did I mention that this stuff really stays put? I have oily skin and wear contact lens and thanks to a chic-flick I cried through mine and it still stayed put. The wiper does need some design modifications as it still lets too much product through but it's something I am willing to live with. I really liked the fact the my lashes are crunchy stiff with this stuff on either...Think I found my mascara HG!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2005 11:15:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I've been using this mascara for a week now and it's definitely HG material. I've used nothing but Almay mascara for years and I can't believe I used to think it was good mascara. What was I thinking??? I have naturally long lashes that are pretty thick so mascara tends to clump them together and make me look like I have one big, nasty eyelash. This stuff doesn't clump AT ALL, goes on evenly and easily, looks incredibly natural, doesn't flake or leave little black dots on my cheeks by the end of the day, doesn't irritate my contacts and comes off easily with no racoon eyes. I'm thrilled!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2005 9:31:00 PM More reviews by SMOGDOG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara two weeks ago from beauty.com ($25).
WEEK 1- there is a learning curve because of the skinny brush and the unique texture
WEEK 2- I've mastered the application and have found my HG!!!

Impressive performance and lush lashes!!! Lasts all day and into the night. It does not smudge, smear, flake, run, rub- off, dry out your lashes ,or make your lashes stick together in the middle of the day!
This mascara is a godsend to us girls with oily skin(and even oilier lids!)
K.A. vs. KISS ME -
It stays on just like KISS ME mascara but comes of even easier when you want to remove it. It doesn't make your lashes stiff or matte like KISS ME can. It also has a longer working time than KISS ME. Which is nice if you really want to build some "supa dupa" lashes.

WARNING-YOU WILL NEED A LASH COMB!!
Some people mind, I don't. What's a few more seconds in the morning if I know this mascara will perform beautifully. Plus, I would rather comb than waste this mascara by blotting the wand on tissue.(Did I mention this mascara costs $25 ?!)

P.S. I wear contact lenses and haven't had a problem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2005 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Just_a_Hobby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sigh...I love Kevyn Aucoin's books but this mascara is not as great as he said it would be :(
Last mascara I ever buy...I think not!

I love how black the black is but if your lashes clump together (& they will) you MUST separate them right away!! Otherwise, it's almost impossible to get them apart! This does not flake or smudge but the the lash clumping is just terrible! You will get a dramatic effect if you can keep your lashes apart.

Now, on the the removing of this mascara. Much like Kiss Me mascara this will creates "tubes" of mascara on your lashes. It freaked me out the first time I went to remove this stuff! I rubbed my remover over my lashes as usually. NOTHING, happened. I took my washcloth and gently did a back and forth motion. The mascara started coming off in long tube like strings. UGH! It would get into my eyes and I would end up with black eye boogies. YUCK!

I gave this a 3 for the dramatic effect you can get from the mascara but it is very time consuming. It took me 20 mins to get my lashes apart and I had to reapply because the mascara would disappear after I separated the lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2004 10:33:00 AM More reviews by nkpaduch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of the best mascara's I have used. Does not flake - at all- goes on like silk, and looks fabulous. And this is one of the first mascara's that I can get completely off my lashes at night without it being a major event. Just water and gentle massaging with a washcloth and it is off like magic.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2004 2:25:00 PM More reviews by preleste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this from a gf a while back and was so so impressed. Just now ordered and still superimpressed. Weird little brush but it gets your lashes nice and black and volume. I have fairly sparse med-long eyelashes and this gets eyes opened. Loved that it doesn't come thru onto my eyelid either. Definately my non-waterproof HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2004 4:45:00 PM More reviews by elliemay72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is WONDERFUL! Although a bit pricey, it gives my naturally dark lashes definition, makes them look full and not clumpy at all. The thin wand allows me to get all the lashes, the texture goes on smoothly and stays on. Why, I do believe this is my HG mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2003 12:05:00 AM More reviews by livliv

This mascara is unlike any other around. It gives you mile high lashes without any clump or flakes. The trick is to curl the lashes with the amazing kevyn aucoin lash curler then put the mascara on and wait a few seconds and curl once more. You will be ama

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2003 3:17:00 PM More reviews by livliv

This product is AMAZING. I have never tried anything like it. My lashes went sky high with just one coat. It grabs onto lashes you didn't even know you had and curls them at the same time. I reccomend calling Natalie at the Beverly Hills Neiman Marcus. 310-550-5900