MAC Matte Blush - Blunt

3.7

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake]

on 12/18/2010 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was recommended this color to be a matte contour/bronzing powder. This is a matte color. The color is SUPER pigmented, just one swipe and you get tons of color on your brush. I tried using this as a contour color but it made me look.. not right. Sorry to be a fuddy duddy. I tried with a very light hand and lots of blending but it didn't really work. This color IMHO is way too warm to be contouring with. As an all over bronzer (with and EVEN LIGHTER hand) made me look muddy. Believe me, I looked like Snooki after her spray tans.. an Asian Snooki, what is wrong with that picture? The one thing I definitely liked about this color was when I did pop it onto my cheeks with a pink blush under, it made the pink stand out more. Yes, it did go on smoothly. Yes, it's very pigmented. Yes, it blended nicely. BUT its too warm imo to be used as a contour color no matter how lightly of a hand I used. I hope everyone else has better luck with it. (btw, I'm NC30)

on 12/14/2010 4:24:00 PM

This powder is AMAZING!!!! the perfect contouring powder for any skin tone!

Just use lightly! it's very pigmented!

on 12/11/2010 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

love love love this blush as a contour on my nw45 complexion. I use it with MAC's pink swoon blush as it is a light color and needs the contrast of contouring...its an adorable look with a natural pink subtle lipgloss or lipstick! ...try it ladies..

on 12/8/2010 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Yikes! I bought this based on Kandee Johnson's video's too. I am #125/ #118 in MUFE HD and approx NC20-25 in Mac and this does not look flattering or natural on me no matter how much blending, which brush or how light a hand I use. Its way too warm and red, and it makes me look like I've fake tanned just one part of my face. So I can't use it, but I'm giving it a neutral three since I'm sure it would look lovely on others. No idea about the staying power since I can't leave my house with it on - lol!

on 8/7/2010 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my HG contour blush. I bought this YEARS ago and have still not hit pan. I use it daily. It's HIGHLY pigmentated and quite dark so I think it's probaby suited to medium/ darker skinned ladies. I use mine with my MAC 168 under my cheekbones and under my jawline and it looks natural but makes such a difference. I find blending with a kabuki afterwards makes a lot of difference to how natural it looks. 10/10. Shame you can't buy it in the UK though. Bought mine from evil bay about three years ago. X

Great as a contour ! Lil goes a long way , stays in place love the color

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

It's a perfect contour shade for tan skin. I tried it as a brow filler and matte shadow but the reddish undertones totally popped out way too much on me then. I ended up selling it, I just got tired of lookin at it, it honestly will last u forever because it's so pigmented a lil goes a long way. I'd rather just contour my cheeks with my Too Faced bronzer now. It's still a great buy if u'd like a matte coffee brown blush though, it apply's smooth and stays put! I've also tried it as a matte bronzer and really liked it! I just prefer more shimmer as far as blush/bronzer goes now.

on 6/9/2010 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

ok.....so i wear medium dark powder in the mineralize spf 15 loose powder and it works great to contour any face. but i also do like another guy said i use it on my beard when im trying to get it to a certian length. i have blond hair, hazel eyes, and im half italian, so i have that olive skintone. it really has changed the way my whole face looks. ive had alot of people ask me have i lost weight. lol and i always tell them no, its just my miracle lol. if your undecided weather yo buy this or not, just trust me to go out and buy it, YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!!!

on 4/23/2010 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

use this in the summer to contour- very buildable and natural looking!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I've purchased blunt after MAC live chat indicated that this is best for my NC43/45 skintone for contouring. Blunt does do a great job contouring; however, I've had to practice alot applying this because it is very pigmented and it does require a great deal of blending it in. I use it with the 165 brush. The 109 picks up too much color on the brush for me.

Popular Blush Products