October 31, 2014 | 928 users online

Cleansers - Aquanil cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Callie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cetaphil stings, and my dermatologist recommended Aquanil as a way to avoid propylene glycol (which he said can feel like alcohol and sting your skin if you're sensitive to it). Since I've been using it I've had no sting-y problems, and my skin doesn't get quite so dry and flaky as it does with other cleaners.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by ix3Chanel

HG, HG, HG. I love this. So much. I just went to my derm and he recommended this as a new cleanser for me, seeing as nothing much has worked. I saw improvements the first night, which was not quite what I'm used to seeing. My skin just keeps getting better and better, smoother and smoother. This reminds me of Cetaphil, but I like this much better. I don't plan to let anything else near my face for a long, long time. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2006 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Carrigan19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to give this a try since I have acne but also dry, sensitive skin. We moved to a colder climate last year and the winter is really killing my skin. I wear very little makeup (only a little powder) and use grapeseed oil to remove my sunscreen. I had high hopes for this, but I was very disappointed. My acne is even worse after 3 weeks of using it and I have gotten several very painful "under the skin" bumps, which I have not had in quite some time. My skin is a mess and my pores are so clogged! I've never had this many blackheads! I even use a baby wash cloth to help remove the cleanser, but still never felt clean.

The first few days of using the cleanser, I noticed the corners of my mouth starting to flake. Then it started peeling badly, leaving behing red, raw, painful spots. Needless to say, I do not think my skin likes this stuff. I stopped using the Aqaunil, and within a week the corners of my mouth are almost healed and my acne is clearing up.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2005 8:01:00 PM More reviews by wvbeetlebug

This my first bottle and so far I like it. I typically do not like lotion cleansers, but I like this one. It does a better job of removing light makeup than Cetaphil. It has a thicker consistency than Cetaphil and a pleasing scent. The scent reminds me of a cleanser that Aveeno used to make before they revamped their skincare line.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2005 6:03:00 PM More reviews by makeupmagic

On my second bottle and I love this cleanser for makeup free days and for washing my face in the mornings. On days when I wear makeup, I use DHC Deep Cleansing oil first and then use this. It comes in a pump bottle and it is non-comedogenic, fragrance free and color free. I get this in the 8 oz. size bottles at Longs Drugs for about $12 USD. My derm recommended this so I feel safe using this product for my acne prone skin. Here is what it says on the bottle: Aquanil provides gentle, complete cleansing of sensitive skin. Aquanil is specially formulated to be free of oils and irritating soaps. Aquanil, with its emollient effect, provides a skin softening action as it cleanses. Aquanil contains no fats of any type. Directions: Apply a generous amount of Aquanil to wet or dry skin and gently rub. Remove the excess with water, a soft tissue or cloth. Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Xanthan Gum.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2005 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mtview

I have dry, sensitive, dermatitis prone skin. I am always on the hunt for a gentle cleanser that won't dry me out. PC recovery cleanser and cetaphil all left my face irritaed. Unfortunately after using aquanil twice, I ended up with allergic contact dermatitis. Love the texture and the price but just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2005 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Longalisa

I love this cleanser. It was recommended by my dermatologist and it is extremely gentle. It leaves my skin feeling moisturized and clean. They have this at my dermatologist but I found it at Long's in a bigger size and a bit cheaper. After I wash my face with this, I use a moisturizer called EFFIDRATE by Larcoche-Posay (It's a bit pricey but worth every penny. It doesn't make me break out but it still keeps me moisturized). I recommend both.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2005 4:36:00 PM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is truly a gentle cleanser. It doesn't foam at all, not even little sudsy bubbles. I can certainly appreciate it's value as a gentle alternative for allergy-prone people that's much more gentle than Cetaphil.

However, it didn't budge my sunscreen or makeup at all, used on dry skin and tissued off or on wet skin and rinsed off.

If I chose to use a makeup remover beforehand, this would be a perfect product to not double-clean and strip skin.

I personally prefer a minimalistic routine that employs an all-in-one product for my rosacea-sensative skin. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2005 7:38:00 PM More reviews by beethovengirl

I have normal/dry, acne-prone skin that is very sensitive to surfactant-induced irritation. Even supposedly mild cleansers like PC Skin Recovery dry out my skin. It has been a struggle for me to find a non-irritating cleanser that does not leave a film that could cause acne, but I'm happy to say that Aquanil Cleanser fits the bill. I do not wear make-up, and I suspect it would not work well for removing make-up, but I use it in conjunction with Bioderma Crealine micellar solution to remove water-resistant sunscreen. I use Aquanil on its own to cleanse my skin when I'm not wearing water-resistant sunscreen. Aquanil cleanser can be purchased online or try asking your pharmacist. It's behind the counter at Costco, for example.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2004 2:42:00 PM More reviews by nuyearbabee

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this after reading the reviews on here...very happy I did. I bought mine from Walmart's Pharmacy for $8 for 16oz. I was so skeptic b/c I'm very acne prone and had trouble w/Cetaphil breaking me out before. This stuff literally SAVED my skin this winter. With all the BP products and masks I use, I needed a gentle cleanser like this. It also takes off all my war-paint at night when I use it w/a washcloth. I wish that it took my eye m/u off better though. Oh well, I still love it. If I rememeber correctly, this also rinses alot cleaner than Cetaphil ever did. Let the raves continue =)