October 20, 2014 | 820 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Medium Coverage Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This foundation is mildly drying and orange toned. If worn over moisturizer it doesnt have the best staying power although the effect is almost dewy, which I don't know if that makes up for it? It could be used as a good eyeshadow primer, I believe, in that its matte and eyeshadow does tend to wear better with it. Expensive too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by bayli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i've been using this foundation for about 10 years now. i have tried many foundations (probably like 20!, including mufe, mac) thinking that i will find something better than this, but i haven't yet! so i'm pretty much convinced that this is the best foundation for me! on days when i want more coverage or my skin feels dry, i mix in some of the mary kay full coverage foundation with this and it works amazingly and has enough coverage to cover up my acne scars and redness. highly recommend this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by mrsbelindha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. I had a very hard time finding a foundation that matched my exact skin tone. As an African American, it's hard to find foundation that matches you perfectly because many beauty lines cater to lighter shades. When it comes to our complexion they're products are either too light or too dark but I'm proud to say this one is just right. I think the pricing is decent. I would pay more if I had to that how much I love this product. I find that using this foundation with Mary Kay's loose powder works perfectly. I haven't had any break outs which is a plus because I have sensitive skin so that tells me the product isn't too harsh. I have oily skin so I try stay away from the dewy look and embrace the matte one. If matte is your thing then this is definately the product for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jennkels

After attending a Mary Kay party I was unfortunately sold on many of the products. One was this. I don't know what I was seeing or thinking but the shade for my skin color was horribly too pale and too yellow. I also found that it created oily shine where i never had previously.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My only real complaint about this is unfortunately a big one and one I see mentioned repeatedly with MK foundations - the lousy shade selection, especially for pale gals like me. I'm pale but on the warm-yellow side; just enough that nearly every manufacturer still considers me Ivory. This, in the Ivory 200 shade (I was color-matched in person and I guess the lighting was different there, e.g. not natural), is beige. It's a pale beige, but still, it's darker than you normally think of Ivory so don't buy it sight unseen. That aside, it's a great foundation so I hate to dock it by two, but the shade selection is just too limited. The lighter Ivory 100 in this formula is too pink and the next shade down after the Ivory 200 is too dark *sigh*

Because I need to be more tan to faithfully use it, it's my summer foundation only and works beautifully then! I need very little (we're talking pea-sized amount) for good coverage and it blends well using just fingers; in fact, I find that the best way to apply it for some reason. I don't need a setting powder and it lasts most of the day with minimal touch-ups. It covers well as mentioned above, looks natural (color aside, I'm talking finish here) and I don't experience breakouts. It doesn't settle into fine lines or look cakey, and has no SPF so it photographs well. It's just not the right shade for me during the fall and winter when I'm at my palest but for summer when I self-tan my face to match the rest of me, it's perfect. And it would be the perfect foundation for my combo-dry skin year-round if they would work on their shade selections and realize most of us, even the palest, can be yellow-toned (or at the very least something other than pink or beige, neutral even?). I adore MK skin care and it's made a huge difference in my life - now if they could just do the foundation shade in this one a bit better I'd be on the MK boat for life.
UPDATE: I am also using MK's Mineral Powder Foundation in shade Ivory 2 now and it's wonderful (reviewed separately). I still like this one but only when I'm the right shade to use it which unfortunately, is only about half the year if that, where I live.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by blueberryfrost

I saw this on ebay for about $5 shipped, so for such a good price I decided to try it. In almost all cosmetic brands the standard "ivory" shade suits me pretty well, so I was pretty surprised when my tube came and the foundation that squeezed out was an orangey tan color. Really? This is supposed to be ivory? I checked the tube and it indeed was marked ivory. No ivory I'm used to seeing has looked this olive and tan. Despite the WTF moment I decided to apply it anyway, and once blended into my face the orangey tan smoothes out a bit. If I use this sparingly with my usual powder over it, it looks okay. The slight darker-than-natural shade isn't all that noticeable. Now for the good things...I do like this foundation, the coverage is in the "just right" region for me. I can apply it at 8am and by 8pm my face still looks smooth and even. It hasn't made my skin feel oily or break me out yet. I am not sure if this comes in lighter shades but if it does then I'd gladly buy it in another color. I'm just not used to seeing a shade marked "ivory" that would be better labeled "medium natural" or something.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am SO disappointed in this product. Let me explain.

It has the look and texture of a foundation but the coverage of a cheap tinted moisturizer. Even after layering there was no "pop" that you'd expect from a good foundation. It just sat on my skin and even managed to make it look dull. Shame on Mary Kay! Their Day Radiance foundation from back in the day could do circles around this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by erodrig44

I have been using this since I was in a wedding party in high school. It seems old school but it's what works for me and it takes me over 1 year to go through a single tube. I don't need a lot of coverage, so this works well. I only apply it on my nose, undereye, and around my cheeks since I only use it to cover redness and my sun spots. I apply the monistat gel as my primer, then I apply this with my fingers, and it glides on so smoothly. I then wear CG simply powder foundation all over to set it/to control my oily T zone. This combo leaves me matte until the end of my 12 hour work shifts. I always get complimented on my complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lyazzat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of Revlon Colorstay, but this foundation can be very comparable to it, coverage is almost the same! However, it is not liquid, it is cream formula. Thus, I apply it with my fingers, it is blended better according to my experience. However, the staying power is not as good as Colorstay (because of that I gave it 4 rating). I am getting greasy after 3-4 hours of use, and with Colorstay it takes 5-6 hours. However, I do not compliant, and the feeling of coverage is very good, you do not even feel it, Colorstay feels a bit heavy for me. For everyday use this foundation is perfect, also it did not break me out which is an advantage since I am very acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by BlackDahlia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like this foundation. The lightest color matches me perfectly, which is a rarity. Its fantastic at keeping shine away and keeping me nice and matte without powder. The tube is also great as it makes application easier. I really like this =).