November 24, 2014 | 2006 users online

Treatments (Face) - Biore - Pore Cleansing Strips - Nose

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by jotaku

If you're looking for a product that does a mediocre job at removing blackheads whilst providing you a bonus of with the most beautiful and massive breakouts you'll ever see a few days later, don't think twice about buying this product!

Haha, jokes aside, this is was a really terrible product for my skin. I didn't read any reviews on this product specifically prior to purchasing it, but I had seen Youtubers talking about pore strips and how they work wonders for blackhead removal. So based on that alone, I decided to purchase the Bioré pore strips. I gave this product 2 lippies since it did remove some of my blackheads, but it didn't do anything miraculous. I understand maybe the smaller ones could be harder to remove, but even the larger blackheads on my nose hadn't been removed so that was pretty disappointing.

The worst part of this product was the MASSIVE pimple I got on the tip of my nose.... I ended up walking around looking like Rudolph the red nose reindeer for about a week. A cashier at a cafe asked me about the pimple and I told her I had used the Bioré pore strips. She ended up telling me her husband used the same strips and had the same pimple-y outcome as well. I was glad to know I wasn't alone!

I've since reverted back to my Burt's Bees pore-refining clay mask which does a much better job.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Amazzinvila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product does exactly what it says : Clears your pores from blackheads
BUT what it doesn't mention is that it RIPS AWAY your skin
It makes your PORES LARGER
& over time creates WEIRD PIGMENTATION of skin

I used this product for to long because i thought "Its doing its job" BUT what i didn't notice was that i was treated my skin poorly with this, when you take of the strips you can see the the black heads but you can also see your skin peeling up and from forcing out the dirt from your pores , your actually stretching your pores bigger making you skin more uneven and more likely to breakout. Don't believe me? My own Dermatologist asked me what my skin routine was because my pores were unusually large, i told him i was using this product for about 2 years. At least once or twice a month, he told me to immediately stop because i had broken capillaries around my nose causing redness and swelling. He immediately prescribed me something to treat the trouble.

OVERALL, this might seem like its doing its job but its actually setting you up for future skin problems.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did not remove any blackheads on me. Did remove some white bits from the sebaceous filaments on my nose and chin but i get better results with oil cleansing anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this product after a friend told me about it and claimed it worked well on her. Having a few noticeable blackheads on my nose I was hoping to get rid of them, unfortunately this did nothing for me at all. I carefully followed the instructions but saw no changes in my skin. Big disappointment, I would not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by nilapeela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was fun to try, but it did nothing for my face! All it did was clear some pus but no blackheads! Waste of money!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by bonbon01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cleans some blackheads out but effect on skin is not that noticeable.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by jayweet

personally i think this does little to no help i mean yes it does removes some facial hair and a few blackheads but thats about it. it is sort of like sticking a really sticky tape on my nose and peeling it off? lol. i much prefer daiso's charcoal mask pack(?) its a gel like liquid that you smear all over your nose and peel off when its dry. much cheaper ($2) and works better!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Have to agree with others here in that these do nothing! I've had my pack of 6 for a year now and every few months I give it another go. I follow all the instructions on the pack and wait half an hour to rip it off (which, I might add, is a rather painful experience) and at most it's a few dead skin cells which are left on the strip. All my black heads are still sitting on my nose mocking me for my ignorance.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Biore Strips. I know I need them because my nose is ick city without them but their performance is always a bit underwhelming and, frankly, annoying. I've been using these strips for years. In fact, I remember when they first came out as the company provided a free, full sized strip in beauty magazines. At the time I thought they were a God send because I was convinced I was the only person on the planet who had weird black dots and hairs growing out of her nose. When they first came out, they were also reasonably priced but now, not so much. Biore has pretty much cornered the market on these particular kind of strips (other brands do make these but I've yet to see any mass marketed here) so I suppose they feel they can charge a hefty amount for what is basically sticky paper.

First things first - these do work. To an extent. You have to have a pretty steady hand to apply these correctly. I always apply mine slightly off center because I can never get it straight. I also have a difficult time placing it exactly where I want it. I end up overlapping the tip of my nose or leaving a gap between the bridge and the tip. This is my own klutzy fault and not really Biore's but I've never mastered applying these perfectly. You also have to time the removal right. If you take the strip off early, you'll get a few blackheads or whatever else is living in your pores but you'll end up with bunch of sticky, glue like residue on your nose. Leave it on too long and it hurts when you take it off. I generally leave the strip on too long because it gets more nasty stuff out and I can deal with the slight pain if I know I'm getting some kind of result. On very rare occasions, I have broken out on my nose after using these. This is usually because I didn't wash the area after and left sticky residue behind which is obviously pore clogging. Be sure to wash the area before and after and you should be fine.

The problem with these strips is that they don't get rid of all the blackheads. In fact, I'd say most of what the strips pull out are blackheads and sebum that is already fairly close to the surface. I notice a difference after using the strip of course, but I can still see many wily little black flecks which is frustrating.The only thing that makes up for the frustration is seeing the weird, porcupine-like results on the strip after you remove it. There's always little hairs (why do I have hair growing out of my nose?), little plugs of gunk and a few blackheads (which are actually sebaceous filaments). There's something oddly satisfying about seeing those little things sticking out from the paper until you take a gander at your nose and still see stuff that should have come out. I generally have to try to remove what I can with tweezers but I've gotten overzealous a few times and ended up digging a little too deep. Again, not Biore's fault.

As many will attest, Biore strips do not cure your gunky nose nor will using them even slow down the process of your nose becoming gunkified. This isn't the fault of the product because we all have sebaceous filaments (some people's are just more noticeable than other's) and they fill up with sebum no matter what you do within a five to seven days. On the plus side, most people don't get close enough to you to notice those black flecks that you think everyone can see but that means very little when you're peering into a magnifying mirror and it looks like your nose is covered in little flecks of black sand imbedded in your nose.

Despite the fact that these strips won't transform your nose into a clean, poreless wonder, they're still about the best thing on the market that address the problem. Scrubs, masks and toners never did much for me nor have any other brand of strips. Until medical science can come up with a way to prevent sebaceous filaments without any adverse side effects, these will have to do. Since these strips have gone up in price since they were first marketed, I try to use one every two weeks. If you're not a cheapo like me, once a week should suffice.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These work for removing blackheads but it is not a cure. Biore Cleansing Strips remove the HUGE blackheads on my nose but does not remove all of them, especially the smaller ones around the side of the nose. I use this about 2 times a week and it helps as a maintenance routine but does not remove ALL plugs on nose.