September 19, 2014 | 1548 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by itsrachelllxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! Initially, I didn't think I needed an astringent or toner. But after looking up reviews on this product, I figured it was cheap so I'd try it. I am so glad I did! It is a miracle worker for acne-prone skin! It cleans off all the excess dirt and gunk left behind on my face after washing and leaves my skin feeling smooth. The only downside is the gross smell, which makes me feel like I'm smearing citrus vodka onto my face, but hey, it definitely does the trick! I don't normally write a lot of reviews but this was definitely worth the purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by blissful86

Witch Hazel has been the best toner for my sensitive and acne prone skin.
Some people would oppose to the idea of Witch Hazel having some alcohol content and it has been increasingly advised everywhere that ALCOHOL is not good for the skin- I however would like to advise otherwise in regards to Witch Hazel only... as I do not slather a lot of this on my skin.

A little dab of this toner does the job, in fact if we apply make up, and so many more random stuff on our skin, we need to deeply cleanse and tone our skin of all its debris and bacteria and this is effectively done by rubbing off (toning) the skin with Witch Hazel due to its alcohol content.

There are some videos on YouTube that demonstrate the rubbing off skin method with a little bit of alcohol at least once a week to deeply cleanse our skin, because our skin has the FIRST contact with the environment, it carries a lot of dirt and debris from the air, pollution and cosmetics/skincare products we use.

I only tone twice a day, morning and night. Sometimes I skip the morning one if I did not apply any makeup the day before.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by MaraG1234

Witch Hazel is amaze balls!! I purchased it a few weeks ago after reading reviews online and I am so glad I did. For the last 3 months I have been suffering from pimples, both small whiteheads and giant under-the-skin cysts... After being totally clear for the longest time. I have seen a huge improvement with the smaller pimples! I haven't had a cystic break-out yet since using so I guess time will tell if it helps with this! I hope so...

The only complaint I have is that it goes dry out the skin.. But using the proper lotion after applying the product helps with this.

I think witch hazel is going to be my new go-to skin product for many years to come!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Natalieeekbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't get results....I kept breaking out! I switched to apple cider vinegar, and I'm much happier with that, so I'm going to stick to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by lupita465

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin and this is great and so gentle on my skin...it does have a bit of refreshed to almost tingling sensation but it is doing its job. I don't really like the smell...but it is something j deal with because of its benefits of controlling oil on the tzone and I've seen much improvement in my husband t(oily skin).... Another thing is the price!!! I've seen toners that are maybe like 10x the price! Super inexpensive and very effective!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this!!! This is the most affordable, natural toner you can find and it works so well! I gave it four stars because I can't really use it in the winter when my skin is much drier. I do love to use it during the warmer months when my skin is much more oily. I find that it does a great job of removing any excess oil or grime on your skin and it helps to prevent and sooth any acne you may have on your face. Overall I highly recommend this to people with oily skin. Not so much to people with normal to dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first heard and about this product about 6 years ago from someone on youtube. I have been using it on and off since. I have only ever used this and Lush's toners and I prefer this one. (I felt that the Lush ones did nothing for my face.) For reference, I have very sensitive dry skin. I use it as a toner and to remove makeup. This does not irritate my face at all and I find it refreshing. I put some on a cotton bad and gently wipe. It costs about 5 USD for a big bottle so it is a great value. The smell is a little odd, but it's very faint so it does not bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by wendyxo

i absolutely love this toner! it is very cheap ($5 for a bottle), helps my oily skin, very refreshing, it has an odd smell but this doesn't bother me, and it has helped clear up my pimples! this product is my HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I've heard about witch hazel's acne-fighting benefits, so I picked up a bottle for $4 at Walmart. I've been using it for about a month or so, and I don't see a difference in my acne yet, but my oiliness hasn't been so bad lately. I wouldn't say it's because of this product alone, but it definitely helps. I switch off between witch hazel and my SkinFood Tomato Whitening toner, and they both help with oily skin. The only thing I don't like about witch hazel is the smell. It's a strange smell that isn't exactly pleasant to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by GlamorousScholar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been working in the beauty industry for quite some time now and always find myself using witch hazel instead of the more expensive brands that promise miracles. By far this is the best solution out there for acne-prone skin and women who are simply attempting to get a beautiful glow. It's inexpensive, works great and will beat any toner out there.