Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

3.7

Water, Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Avocado Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI75130/Beta-Carotene.

on 7/19/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've just bought my third pot of this. I don't use it every night, but keep it for winter or whenever I think I need it.
This is a thick, rich, moisturising eye cream which does a great job of hydrating, soothing and plumping up the skin around the eyes. It's also very gentle and worked well for me when my eyes were irritated by hayfever-related allergies.
A little goes a long way but don't apply it on damp skin as it will just sit there; it needs to be warmed up between the fingers and patted in.
It works well as a daytime eye cream as well, if used sparingly and allowed to absorb for about 10-15 minutes.

I've been using this eye cream for a few months now and I love it. To those who complained about application onto wet skin, apply it to barely damp or dry skin...easy. You should apply it delicately just as you should with anything on your eye area. I haven't been in a hurry while applying but I'm guessing you can't just slop it on there all willy nilly! Dab dab dab smoothe it over and ta da!

This eye cream feels so great! No burning and no migrating into your eye ball area, just like they advertise. I have very sensitive skin and small eyes.

My only mild concern is the list of chemical ingredients. I thought this product would be more pure. Either wAy, it does not feel or smell like harsh chemicals, unlike all other big name big claim brands.

If you let it set for about 15 mins before applying makeup it's a great primer for under the eyes.

on 7/9/2014 4:36:00 AM

This is a thick, hydrating, non offensive eye cream.

A little goes a long way and despite it's thickness it absorbs quickly into the skin.

I tend to use it more at night tme, but after reading some of the reviews perhaps I might use it more in the day as a base for under eye concealer. I have a number of fine lines under my eyes so wanted something that would give a burst of moisture.

This hasn't been earth shattering for me, but I'm certainly enjoying using it and my skin does feel nourished.

on 5/29/2014 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This eye cream is definitely worth the price. At first I was hesitant reading the mixed reviews, however this eye creamworks better when you have understand the product and the correct way to apply it. I am 20 years old and have fairly oily skin so I am not looking for anti-aging in an eye cream. The assistant at the Kiehls counter recommended this and noted that moisture is a key way to prevent aging. She showed me that the correct way to apply this is take a pea sized amount on your ring finger and rub/warm it up by rubbing your two rings fingers together then dabbing under the eyes. The eye cream works great morning and night, brightens and moistures and works well under makeup.

My new fav. I have combo skin but very very dry skin around my eyes that is getting worse with age. I use anti ageing products as I have lines and puffiness, but they never moisture enough. I have found the solution. I put Eyesilix first and then Kiehl's avocado cream on top. You have to pat it on, let dry and then apply your make up. I see a big difference in my under eye area. Concealer doesn't crease and doesn't sit into any lines. I am very happy with this product

on 5/19/2014 4:22:00 PM

Let me start by saying that I am really, really picky with eye creams. Their texture has to be right, their smell has to be non-offensive, their price has to be reasonable and of course you need to be able to see results!! Well, this eye cream combines all four!! The texture is creamy but instantly transforms when you apply it on the skin to almost water-y consistency that is best absorbed if you gently pat your fingers around the area. If you are using this as a day cream, it is best to leave it be for a couple of minutes before applying any make-up on top. It smells of nothing in particular so it's great for all people with sensitive noses and the price is very, very reasonable.As for the results....well I can go on for days! It is, as you would expect with an avocado-based cream, very moisturizing. Furthermore, it is very nourishing. I have very thin skin under my eyes which oftens feels irritated and itchy and I also have bad dark circles. The more I used this, the more it seemed the skin under my eyes, felt...(for lack of a better word) thicker and nourished. As it is so moisturizing, there was no itchiness or redness and the lines around the eyes looked softer. That is great from a cream that claims no particular anti-wrinkle benefits!! The dark circles were definitely diminished after 3 weeks of use (probably because as I said the skin under my eyes wasn't as thin anymore so they were less obvious). Overall, I would definitely, absolutely recommend and then some.

on 5/17/2014 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is a nice nighttime moisturizer. It is quite heavy yet sinks in nicely. Get yourself to Kiehl's and ask for a sample!

on 5/14/2014 3:35:00 AM

Favorite for me as well as my husband. It is recommended for people aged 20s but it continued to work for me (though in very late 20s) and my husband too! I feel that it is nourishing and sufficient enough if you do not have a lot of wrinkles to fight yet.

on 5/12/2014 12:30:00 AM

A little goes a long way with this fantastic eye cream.

on 5/11/2014 11:31:00 PM

I think if I hadn't been shown how to use this cream at the Kiehl's store, I wouldn't like it as much as I do. You're only supposed to take the equivalent of a pin head's worth of cream for each eye, and dot it around until it turns into a watery substance. I tried spreading it on a particularly dry day and the results were no good, too goopy.
The reason why I particularly like this cream is that it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. I have controlled blepharitis, but as the treatment can leave the area around my eyes very dry, finding a cream that keeps things in check without making my eyes water has been very helpful.