Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

4.2

Aqua, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycol Stearate, PEG-8 Distearate, Ceteth-2, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene.

on 9/20/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

*Positive Reveiw*
I have used the JOICO K-PACK DEEP RESCONSTRUCTOR twice now. I use this product once a week.

I shower, use my shampoo then apply this product starting at the ends of my hair and working upwards. I leave it in my hair for 5 minutes then wash out, and proceed with my conditioner.

Smell: Banana cream pie, goes away shortly after my shower.
Package: You NEED to shake this product before use because it does sepereate! I do not like the cap, Iv had couple times were too much product comes out.
Price: $20.00 CAD - Walmart, Superstore, London Drugs, ect
Texture: It comes out in a thick bumpy yellow texture, but as soon as you apply to your hair it acts like it 'disapears', so be careful when applying it.

Results: Immediatly after washing this product out my hair is silky soft in the shower, even after applying my conditioner it still feels very soft. I continue with my hair products and when I am finished (after blowdrying, ect) my hair is definitaly shinier and softer. Onto the next day my hair isn't as soft.
REPAIR Results: I have only been using this for a short period of time. I will update when I give it more time, but I beleive it will do well in time repairing my hair!

-KFoxx

on 9/1/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. it smells like banana cream pie. weird though, after a few weeks it started to get really runny? im not sure if its because it was old or bad, i'll repurchase with caution
My hair wasnt as damaged as some who say...went from black to blonde but i did flat iron daily,(i'm male and wear my hair straight most days) so i figured i need some kind of repair.
When my hair was brown, i used this once a week, i would clarify with redken cleansing cream, then towel dry my hair till about 60% dry or at least the excess water squeezed out of my hair. then i'd apply this and leave it for 5 minutes, and then follow with a deep mask. one day i decided to leave it longer, and use a hair dryer to get more protein, i guess my hair didnt like that because i was left with coton candy puff hair. so i learned my lesson. But now my hair is a lighter shade of brown, with many blonde highlights, although i love it, my hair does feel a little damaged, so my hair loves the additional protein and can take it. i notice that the product separates a little if you let it stand for too long, a little shake of the tube can help remedy this. i follow now, with joico intense hydrator left in for about 2 hours and a shower cap. my hair is left silky and healthy feeling. The reconstructor is a must for anyone who is planning to damage their hair be it color, bleach, or heat.

This treatment really helped to repair my hair, my hair was breaking all the time after destroying it with bleach. I used this with the moisture treatment and reconstructor sprayfrom the same range. After a few months my hair never breaks anymore and isn't frizzy. I took off one lippy because I really don't like the texture, and when I apply it to my hair it kinda feels like it disappears. I recommend using a little conditioner after as there is no slick left to detangle. Overall a good treatment that I will repurchase if I ruin my hair again.

on 6/21/2012 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as free gift from the Ulta Rewards program. Iím glad that I got this for free since it did nothing for my hair. I will not purchase.

on 6/17/2012 7:48:00 AM

i still use this sometimes it was my miricale worker for my black to blonde hair over the years but the shakeing up the product leaving it in rinsing it out ..... wasteign so much time then putting in the moisturizing hydrator treatment wait another 7 10 15 or 20 min .... its alot of work maintaining healthy hair, esspecially when you bleach. this does work miricales tho :) IF USED CORRECTLY SHAKE UP THE PRODUCT because it separates in the bottle. the Joico Kpak Revitaluxe has replaced this for me tho ... revitaluxe is bassically the kpak reconstructor combined with the intense hydrator to make a one stop shop treatment in one tube (: much easier/timing saving thansk joico!! you continue to save my hairs life everyday

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

After months and months of not really taking care of my hair, this stuff used along with the Intense Hydrator returned my hair to almost as good as new (considering I have color treated hair, that's pretty freaking awesome) - soft, silky, and fine. After I've shampoo my hair, I get out of the shower, press my hair with a towel until it's just damp, not soaked, then put this stuff in. Get back in the shower, shave my legs or do something else that takes five minutes, then rinse out. Then I repeat the same process, except I put in the Intense Hydrator, put a mask on my face, then hang out in my room like that for the next hour while I read or something bahahaha. Then rinse out again in the shower, and I put in a nice moisturizing conditioner. It's a bit of a process, but so so worth it, and I really don't care since I love treating myself to this. Plus I only need to do it once a month, and use the Hydrator about every two weeks. Will definitely repurchase, it's something I will always keep around for general upkeep of my ever changing hair.

on 4/16/2012 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

From coloring my hair for many years, the result of my hair is very processed and dry. On top of being overally processed, I have extremely thick hair that is coarse and long. K Pak deep penetrating reconstructor is a heavy weight thick cream conditioning treatment. I love the scent of this product. It's slightly herbal & fruity but not overpowering. For years, I have struggled to find a product that tames my dry frizzy mop. Some products offer decent results but not the best and I would have to add some type of silk serum, soothing creme ect to better tame the frizz. I have always heard that Joico K Pak was a good line and decided to splurge on this ($20). I am impressed. I have no styling cremes, serums ect in my hair and my air dried wavy hair is about about 90% frizz free just by using this product. My hair is soft and shiny as well. Also, my naturally loose waves turned out more defined and manageable. My hair is very unruly so can say that I do appreciate the results I got from this.

on 4/11/2012 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not many items actually live up to their claim to work miracles. NOT the case with this little gem. I love my "vegetarian miracle" by Davines but it is so expensive and since I was running out, I picked up the Joico Re-constructor. This stuff is pretty infamous so I couldn't pass up the chance to try it out. I got an extra large tube from a place on Granville Street in Vancouver for only $21. The package said "100% more FREE" and man was I impressed at that score. This is very inexpensive for a salon brand. Joico is always the most reasonably priced thing in the salon.

Headed home and tried it out after I had an obnoxious round of highlights slapped onto my head. Worked wonderfully.
UPDATE* It has been a solid month of using this product once or twice a week and I must say that I am beyond impressed. To be as concise as possible about its effects:

Stopped huge amounts of shedding.
Enhanced shine
Gave texture and manageability.
Stopped hair from becoming greasy the next day.
Tamed frizz.
Mends split ends (albeit temporarily)
Maintained my colour
Best of all: Encouraged growth.

on 4/6/2012 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First of all, this is a protein reconstructor meant for damaged or naturally weak hair (bleaching, perm, dying, too much heath etc.), not something that gives your hair moisture. It works by building up the hair strands and strengthening them, so If you have normal and strong hair that doesn't feel weak or like gum in wet state, then you really don't need this. If you just want something that gives moisture, which most people with long hair need, then buy something from moisture recovery from the same brand, or from redken or kerastase, those are good too.

Packaging:

The packaging is very standard, soft plastic. It's not great, but not terrible either. The only complaint I have is that it tend to collect water in the cap when it's in the shower, so if you don't use it up during a short amount of time (which is impossible?), then store it somewhere the water can't reach it.

Smell, texture:
It smells like cheap banana bubble gum, and the texture is weird: grainy and a bit clumpy, like thin oatmeal. Many first time buyers think it's out of date or mis-produced because of this, but that's just how the product is.

Performance:
I permed my hair twice during a short amount of time, and this saved my long locks of hair from a certain death at the hairdresser. I went from having to cut my lengths off, to only trimming it, and that was just by using it three times in a row. I can understand why this is named the best hair reconstructer of all time, because this works!

Complaints about dry hair:
Like I said, this is a protein cure meant to strengthen the hair and nothing more, so people who use this a lot during a short timespan often get frizzy and tangled hair. Buy yourself a moisturizing deep treatment along with this, and you can save yourself the "wtf?" moment after usage :P

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

This is the best hair treatment that I have ever used (and I have tried dozens and dozens of different products!) I have very thick and dry hair that I have found impossible to get moisturized before finding this product. I understand this is a protein treatment that is advised to be used only once or twice a week, but my hair is so dry that I actually use it every time I wash my hair (which is every other day.) I have not experienced any dryness due to 'overuse.' I am just left with soft, shiny, and manageable hair. Something that no other hair treatment has ever been able to give me. I use this in conjunction with the entire K-Pak line (I use the shampoo, the conditioner, and then leave this in my hair for 5 minutes before rinsing it out.) This is a miracle product for me. I will continue to repurchase even though it is more expensive than what I am used to spending on hair care products.