Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 3/30/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This mask is oil-stripping, and since I have dry skin I have to be careful about not using it too often, but when I'm faced with a breakout every few weeks it really helps calm down the gross zits on my face. I really like how it smooths my skin, pulls gunk out of my pores, and makes my sebaceous filaments less noticeable for a few days.

If you have dry skin, just make sure you moisturize afterwards, otherwise it might be too drying. Otherwise, this mask is excellent, especially considering how cheap it is.

on 3/29/2015 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not the type to bother with reviews but when something deserves credit, I feel the obligation to do so. This mask is amazing, now ladies who are saying that it makes your face burn or tingle and what not, HELLO!!! It's mint, it's not burning stop overreacting and you are the same ladies who say it doesn't work, umm maybe cuz you only used it once or twice. Things take time, just like everything else, diet, goals, achievements etc. I only use this mask once a week after scrubbing my face with st Ives facial scrub. I leave the mask on for 10 minutes then rinse with warm water and I follow up with some Argan oil. Yes I have combination skin oily and dry in some spots, but guess what I found out, oily skin needs oil to stop being oily, I know it sounds crazy but it's true, I use jojoba oil and Argan oils on my face and I'm never oily and my face feels like a babies butt.

on 3/27/2015 10:11:00 AM

The product I think is so-so. First off, when I bought this I was expecting the mask to be at least smooth. But maybe it was left in the packaging too long or maybe it was originally like that but it was really difficult to squeeze it out of the tube and the mask was dry and not that easily to spread on my face.
I think the price is quite reasonable and cheap given by the quality.
When I put it on, there is a cooling feeling and it really dries everything out of my face. Like really drying! I think this would be great for people with oily face or those with oily T-zone or on pimples to dry them out.
It removes some blackheads and I love the cool tingling feeling but
Overally I would not buy this again because it is too drying for my skin type and there really isnt much benefit for this product.

on 3/26/2015 9:58:00 PM

I bought this product at Watson Singapore at Bras Basah Road ( Sunway plaza (?)) . I heard this is a good product thats why I bought this . But , then when I tried this , my face burnt ( I felt it was burnt and I can smell the burnt smell on my face ) . The day after I use this product I saw that my face got skin irritation ( my left cheek look like it was sting by insects and it has rough surface ) . Maybe this product not for my face .
I am sorry , my english is bad . So, if any grammar mistake forgive me .

on 3/26/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this on Amazon, great price (4.59) and LOADS of mask in the package! Much more than the Boots Botanics Clay mask I get and cheaper than it too... The consistency is nice, very thick and green. It has a spearmint smell which is nice as I love spearmint (although, I wish it didn't have fragrance in as I don't like fragrance in my skincare products). I applied the mask all over my face (I applied it under my eyes, too. Apparently, clay can help rid of bags) and my neck, I like to put plenty of mask on so I was very generous with it - as I can afford to be with the price of this mask! I put it on for around 20-25 minutes while I was cleaning. I washed it off in the shower, and my face definitely felt super clean! My face felt tighter (in a good way), my bags were reduced and my neck feels tighter too. I'm not sure if this has helped my acne but it definitely hasn't helped my blackhead! I will continue to use anyway to tighten my face.

on 3/25/2015 1:15:00 PM

I like this stuff. It is a bit drying for my cheeks and jawline, but not for my T-zone, nose, or chin. If I use it too often, it breaks me out a little, but when I use it sparingly, it works fine.
I have not experienced a burning sensation when it's applied. It feels tingly and minty, but I sort of expect that. It's very easy to wash off, and it's so inexpensive, it's definitely worth trying out.

On the new bottle, it does specify that this mask is for "acne prone and oily skin". So if you have dry skin, sensitive, or combination like me (which is why I only use this mask on select areas of my face) this mask might be a little too drying or harsh. That's the nice thing about the remake on the tubes; they say which type of skin each mask is geared for. I really want to try the Queen Helene Grape Seed peel-off mask, but I can't find it in stores anywhere. It's for combination skin, too. :(

I have been using this product for over ten years!! For the price, this should always be in stock for a spot treatment or as a full on face mask. The container is easy enough to get product out, but before you toss it out make sure you scrape the insides for the last bits of product. I've gotten 6-7 uses at least from cutting the top of the tube and putting the leftovers into a spare jar.

The mask is very thick, but this stuff is cheap so don't be shy. You want a nice, even coat, but this stuff takes awhile to dry so don't slather on too much. Watch TV, read or scare your SO, children, and animals while you wait for this stuff to work it's magic.

If you have sensitive skin, this mask might be a little uncomfortable. The tingling sensation can get strong, but I like it. I can see the oil absorbed by the mask at my most oily areas once it has dried, especially on my nose, but this mask doesn't dry out my dry cheeks or irritate my skin. I still follow up with a light moisturizer, but that is preference.

I would recommended a warm washcloth to help work the dried mask off and provide a little light exfoliation. My skin is always so soft afterwards, and although my skin is not showing wrinkles yet, it still provides a nice tightening sensation. This mask definitely is a staple in my skincare routine, and I rely on it to help keep my skin clear and feeling fresh. My blemishes always look less red and swollen afterwards, and the mask seems to help them heal a little quicker as well.

Great product.

on 3/18/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like this masque, I really did. There were a couple things I liked about this and a couple things I didn't.
LIKES: I purchased the jar and it was very easy to use because you had control over the amount, the product was cheap.
DISLIKES: It burns your skin. Some facial products give you that amazing cooling sensation which I thought I would get with this, but it literally hurt. It also gave me redness and blemishes whenever I used the product. I thought the smell would be minty but after a while, it goes away and doesn't smell so good.

The queen of all face masks. I don't know what's in it and I don't care. It works and I want to put it on my face all the time.

on 3/13/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this on a whim after seeing a few people mention it in YouTube videos. I found it at a health food store, where I paid $9.60 CAD for the 8oz. bottle, so the price is very reasonable.

I have oily, acne-prone skin - my t-zone and cheeks get pretty greasy throughout the day, so I was hoping this would help mitigate some of that oil. After using it a few times, I have found that it really does help get rid of some of that oil. I haven't noticed a difference in my breakouts, but for a few days after using it, I only have what I consider a normal amount of greasiness - barely any at all, except for a small amount at the very end of the day. I haven't changed anything else in my skincare routine, so this is clearly what has made the difference.

The product itself is quite thick, though I didn't have any problems removing it as other reviewers have mentioned. I just soak a face cloth with warm water, and wipe it off. I don't get that tight feeling after rinsing that a lot of masques give me, although the mint does make it tingle while you have it on your face. The smell of mint is somewhat strong as you're applying it, but I don't find that it lingers too long. However, if you are sensitive to smells, I would be a little cautious as it starts out pretty pungent.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to mitigate their oiliness throughout the day. I will absolutely repurchase, although I suspect it will take many months to use up such a large tube.

Popular Masks