August 23, 2014 | 1857 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by juhnay324

Okay I do not use this mask a lot, it would dry out my skin too much, that being said it is wonderful to have on hand for the monthly issues that come around every so often, I feel like it helps control the oil and shrinks blemishes that may come up. I have repurchased this and will continue too, its inexpensive and lasts a long time for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Piroska23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great mask! Finally cleaned out my pores!
I use this twice a week and it has helped my skin significantly.
Pores look cleaner and a tad bit smaller as well.

The only downside is it smells a little sour when taking it off with water and a cloth.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

The Mint Julep Masque is the best mask for getting rid of blackheads & excess oil.
I have combination skin, which can get very dry in winter. My nose & chin are my problem areas. I have tried numerous pore cleansing products, including nose strips but none of them have worked as much as this mask. My skin has improved so much & feels so much cleaner.

Pros:
*Very inexpensive for the huge bottle you get.
*Does a fantastic job of getting all the dirt out of your pores. You can actually see the grim coming out!
*Feels nice & tingly
*Has a refreshing minty scent

Cons:
*If you have very dry skin, I would recommend not to use this because it is very drying. I only use it on my t-zone.
*If you have very, very deep blackheads, it probably will not be strong enough to clean them out in one usage.
*Can cause spots to appear so don't be using this mask before an event.

Overall, a fantastic mask that has improved my skin and leaves it very clean. I highly recommend & I also recommend the Ming Julep scrub too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by blairreebear

Love This, I've been using it for years. I think it works best for me with prevention then actually getting things down but it's def. a staple in my routine. I would recommend it it's worth a shot. It is very potent so be careful and test your skin just in case you are sensitive to it def. leaves you with a more than tingling feel but overall it is worth a shot and I highly recommend it !

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Neenerz590

When I first purchased this mask it worked wonders on my acne. Now that my acne is back I tried this mask and it did nothing. I don't know if it's because I've had it for too long (bought it 2 years ago) or maybe my skin just got really used to it. I recently bought the Indian healing clay mask and it had a much stronger effect than this. Still have a bit of acne but it's not as bad after using the healing mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by ajennamo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

didn't help out much with the acne i had at the time, but felt cooling for what it was.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by KelliLeslie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never write reviews for things like this but I have to tell you this product is AMAZING! I have really bad acne. Mostly just around my chin. I have been on birth control, and two different types of antibiotics that were prescribed by my dermo + I have tried countless over the counter things to cute my acne. Proactive, off brand proactive. You name it I've tried it with little results. My face just started to flare up again within the last two month. I was pretty much at my whits end with trying products when I stumbled across this at a local discount store. I grabbed it without even really reading what it was. I just wanted to try out a face mask since I've never used one. I up this on my face after my shower and when I rinsed it off my face looked and felt so smooth. I've been using this for almost a week now and my face is almost completely clear. I am on the stalk to find more of this product and stock up. 3.99 for the price isn't bad! My only complaint is that when I squeeze it out sometimes it gets everywhere and wastes product. Overall I love this and will continue to use. If you are like me and have tried almost everything give this product a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by vivalalita

I have super oily skin. During the summer it really is disgusting just how oily my skin gets. With that being said, I will put this on when I vacation to the beach or when I know I will be outside in the humidity. This masque really does absorb the heck out of oil. It always burns when I put it on, I gasp around a bit and walk it off. Sometimes I put a thin layer on and sleep with it on for maximum oil control. In the morning you can see where my pores oozed oil out as the masque has dark forest green colored specks right over the indentation of my nasty pores. Throughout the day I notice an amazing reduction in oil. So there's that. And now what I hate about this. With my skin in oil over-drive, I get pimples, usually in my t-zone. With this masque, I get pimples randomly all over my face. Now I have a friend that swears by this stuff for acne, and from what she tells me, it works "in the same way pro-activ would" That meaning that my skin will break out from potential bumps that were lurking just waiting on a chance to surface. I don't care for all that, I want my skin to look nice without the outbreak part. This masque always intensifies my break outs. I have to follow with an exfoliating acne scrub, Cetaphils oil control face wash, a toner with alpha beta hydroxyl, and then moisturize with a acne prone skin lotion. That seems to calm it down a good bit. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with really bad acne. In fact I would only recommend it to soak up excess oil intensified by humidity and heat. Unlike other clay masques this one really feels like it dries thoroughly and really soaks up oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this product has very little ingredients - you know there is nothing terrible inside it. it works!!! it softened my whiteheads and when i used my liz earl cloth and rubbed slightly on them they came off! my skin is extremely soft now, i would recommend though to put something like retinol a on your skin afterwards otherwise the pores that were cleaned out by the mask will just get dirty again. it smelt divine and the mint felt nice and tingly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

This is my go-to mask. I have sensitive, combo, irritable skin that doesn't react well to scrubs or most masks. I've used this for years when I've had bad stretches of breakouts, and it's always worked well without inflaming my skin. The sulfur in it does nice things for my bumps, even the cystic bumps react well. However, the sulfur in this mask isn't at a high enough percentage to increase cell turnover fast enough for me, so I'll use Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion afterwards to kill the cystic bumps finally.

It smells lovely, it feels lovely and soothing, it applies well, and I love the packaging. I just HATED going into the previous packaging, a plastic tub, and seeing cracks in the slightly-dried product. The squeeze tube lets in as little air as possible while keeping the leftover product uncontaminated. I'm so glad they listened to their customers on that.