September 21, 2014 | 1436 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by kimreztituyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best price and find anywhere. I have a oily t zone and normal skin everywhere else. I usually get break outs BESIDE my nose (NOT ON BUT RIGHT THERE) and it's terrible, I also have a lot of flesh colored bumps. They serve no purpose, they don't become a white head, they're just there too disturb my life. THIS MASK? I use it every night after washing & it sucks out all the pores, dirt, oil. My pimples either get smaller or completely leave. It's a creamy consistency. Dries within 5 minutes if you put a not so thick layer, tingles(burns sometimes but not painful), smells like mint. YES, you MIGHT get pimples AFTER using this, your skin is purging. The pimple was already there, the mask just brought it too the surface even quicker too get it over with. 3$ & I have clear skin? Yes.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unlike most of the reviews for this product, I unfortunately did not have a good reaction towards it. I really wished it worked for me like it did for most users but everytime I'd use this mask( 2-3 times/month) it never gave me that feeling of cleaning and tightening my pores. Nor did it ever help with breakouts. In fact, this mask would make me break out in small to mid size pimples everytime I'd use it. and to be certain on this, I tested it out on and off for 1 1/2yrs before coming to the conclusion that this mask isn't for me. Too bad. Gave to my younger sis to try.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by LinaWebster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first it stings a little, but only for a little while. The smell is really good, and after you rinse it, your skin feels very nice and tight. I would like to use it more ofte, but because of the consistency I find it difficult to take out of the tube and put it on. But it is a good face mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Finality

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only use this to spot-treat my acne lesions (which have been particularly horrendous since I began hormonal birth control) and nothing works quite like it--not even the clay masque from the same brand. The Kate Somerville "EradiKate" treatment also has sulfur and costs about 6 times as much, yet it doesn't perform NEARLY as well as this masque. I simply cleanse, spot-treat where I need it, and leave it on either all day or overnight. In the morning, my cysts will have come to a head or will be dramatically calmed down; any other acne lesions will be significantly reduced in terms of imflammation. Since my skin is already dry it does exacerbate that a bit, but it's not bad enough to outweigh the benefits of this product. In short, this stuff is amazing--even for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by OhKitsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update - I didn't intend to leave this mask overnight, but in the end.. I did, dozed off. There were no residue on my pillow and blanket. Also, the sulphur is very noticeable as it dries but it doesn't bother me much.

Removal was easy. I used a washcloth and a bowl of warm water. Just rub the cloth in gentle circular motions and voila.. all clean.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this mask as I had 2 very painful pimples at both my temples that have been around for 3 weeks.. and both have gone down tremendously! It doesn't even hurt anymore :D The large pores on my cheeks didn't seem smaller and the blackheads on my nose still appear the same. However, the whiteheads on my chin cleared significantly, it's very rare to see my chin so smooth and clear other than after stepping out from a facial with extractions! Plus, usually after extractions, my skin bruises easily so there'll be dark marks for weeks and now.. it's almost all clear.

I am now laying in bed with this mask applied and I'll leave it overnight again. I applied extra layers on my T-zone and a thin layer on my cheeks. I also slabbed on a thick dab on some troubled spots and it works very fast to subside any bumpy swellings.

The second application didn't cause much sorta 'burning' sensation, it went away very fast and was replaced with a slight minty sensation which I love.

Also, I noticed a bit of oil control during the day :) hopefully it'll continue improving my overall skin wellbeing.

~

My bottle arrived today and I have it on my face currently. I'll change the rating as I use this product more.

First impression so far.. seems great! I didn't expect it to be a big tube so the value for money is worth it as I've been surveying clay masks and they're very expensive for a small container!

I was so excited to put it on, so I quickly showered after work and slabbed an even thin layer. Application was easy as the mask is very smooth and spreads easily.. well, for a clay. The smell.. oh my goodness.. I love it. I love strong minty beauty products because it's so invigorating. For those who do not fancy minty smells, don't worry, it fades off after 4 minutes or so :)

One thing that caught me was the sensation when applying this mask. It was.. not stinging but it felt like rubbing something hot and minty on your skin, giving a warm minor.. discomfort. It's hard to describe but that's how I felt. It went away after approx 45 seconds so it's cool.

So far it's drying up nicely, fast, and very cooling when lazing around in an air-conditioned room.

Let's see how it goes and I hope it'll work for me like how it works for the majority of you!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite old-school products. I think bentonite clay should be the first option for a mask like this, but I don't see why you shouldn't try this one out for size. The minty sensation is fun and you get to look like the Grinch for a few minutes, he he. I think it almost lives up to its claims but I've been suspicious sometimes that this made my skin break out, not purge, in way that a thick layer of bentonite never did. Nevertheless, I think that it'll work for most in a pinch.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mask does what it claims--it helps clear up existing acne and prevents new breakouts from forming. The color is mint green, somewhat thick consistency, but applies smoothly. It's pretty fast drying as well.
My only complaint is I don't like the tightness feeling in my skin when the clay begins to dry and it does leave a slight green tint to the drier patches of my skin after I wash it off (you just need to take more time rinsing it off than other masks). But that's an OK trade off for me because my complexion has improved greatly since using it! Will be buying again for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Amethystica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

PLEASE READ MY STORY:

Before I start on my story review, I shall give a short introduction of myself. I am a teenager who is entering her early 20s soon, have been suffering from mild acne since puberty hits me when I was 14. I have a habit of picking them which resulted in scars. Fast forward, my acnes are disappearing and is considered smooth when I was my face but the scars are still there.

My best friend is the one introducing to all the good face masks & I have tried what she recommends.
The 1st mask I tried was Leaders InSolution. I'd say it's pretty good but I stopped using it because every morning my face will feel sticky (I put it on nights).
The 2nd mask was My Beauty Diary. I LOVE this mask because the serum absorbs to my face the next morning. My skin feels great. Unfortunately, at one point of time my cheeks gets reddish until the point I have to see a doctor. Don't know why my skin decides to react to it.
The 3rd mask was My Scheming mask. HORRIBLE RESULTS. Used the 1st night, in the middle of the night my face got itchy, woke up to see my face was RED. Few parts got congested with milia seeds. Got rid of the whole box.
Until the same best friend introduce this wonder mask. Since paper masks don't seem to suit me, why not try clay mask. The feeling after you washed it off & pat dry you face was amazing. It unclogged your pores. You can even dab it on your acne & leave it overnight. No redness, no itchiness, no drying. This is included in my daily skincare regime. Used alternative day.
Recommended for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by mauraezg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not fancy or glamorous but it's the absolute best value for a facial mask. Gets the job done. I love the minty scent and the mask leaves my pores tightened and generally improves my complexion in one use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by simplieelegant

I love this facial mask! At first it might be a bit too minty lol but it is still really refreshing. I love using this mask when I feel like I am going to have a zit or whenever I have a bad breakout it tends to calm down my skin.