September 21, 2014 | 2023 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow-Zing in Medium

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Amadahy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have black, unruly eyebrows that never seem to want to stay in place. Because most makeup companies have stopped selling clear mascara or are sold out of their brow gel I have actually turned to using hair spray on the tip of my finger and trying to smooth it over my brows to tame those unruly hairs!

But not anymore... Today I bit the bullet and forked out 22.50 for Brow Zings in Medium.

It's a sleek little black box. Inside is a tinted wax (on the left), a coloured setting powder (on the right), an angled brow brush (just guess what that's for!), a pair of tiny (yet sturdy and efficient) tweezers and a rounded shadow brush, all together in a tiny compartment below the wax and powder.

Medium is the perfect colour for my brows - any darker and I start to resemble Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmations! The wax is soft and pliable, yet easy to apply and after I have added powder it sets my eyebrows wonderfully. No more hairs pointing in the wrong directions, no more using hair spray clumsily with my fingers! My brows actually look polished and well groomed with a healthy shine.

Because a lot of people don't get along with Brow Zings, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, and also the hefty price tag is a definite put off to all those on a budget like me. I'm hoping that this lasts a good long while, because I want to repurchase this kit when I run out. Only time will tell...

Hugs x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

- Very easy to use
- Come with tweezer and 2 brushes
- Even though I have black hair, the Medium shade looks more natural.
- Creates a natural definition
- Can be layered for stronger brows

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by makeup8maniac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product. Personally, I love a strong make up look from day to day as I have an silvery scar from an old eyebrow piercing but when I'm with my boyfriend I like to tone it down and be more natural and this product does both looks superbly. I think you just have to practise to know how to apply it for the look you want.

I research makeup for reviews before I buy and have a friend who has perfect brows who has always accredited them to threading instead of tweezing. I asked her what product she uses and she told me about this. I looked on here for reviews but ultimately decided to try it for myself.

I went to the Benefit counter and the lady recommended me the 'medium' shade. I don't usually listen to the counter girls as most work on commission, I prefer to see for myself. However she said she had it on and it lasts all day, even when rubbing (once the wax has SET!). But then she vigorously rubbed her brow in front of me and nothing came off on her finger or face!! I was impressed.

When I got home I tried it for my night out that night. The ultimate test IMO. I applied the wax with the angular brush which set my brows in the desired shape, leaving them 'tacky' to the touch (almost like eyelash glue should be before you apply false eyelashes). I then used the other brush to fill in my brows with the powder. It held on to where I had applied the wax but still allowed me to blend it in well. I applied it at about 7:00pm and got home at 4am. Through all my sweating and dancing they really did last all night, looking exactly the way they were when I left the house!

At weekends when I stay with my boyfriend I only use the powder with the soft brush, THEN the wax just to tidy up the stray hairs that grow up or down instead of following the natural shape which looks more natural, like I haven't done anything with my brows.

As for the tweezers, I would never use them at home unless my full size ones were lost or something as they are far too small for me. However I do leave them in the case as when I stay with my bf, It saves me packing my normal ones, therefore saving space and risking losing them. That way, If I do get a hairy brow emergency (the light is better at his house for seeing the tiny white ones) I can whip these out for to tweeze the odd one or two.

I bought them for 22.50 which IS expensive for such a small product but since you don't have to use a lot, I'm guessing that it will last a LONG time!

I now love my brows so I will be buying it again and recommending it to my friends!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by LovelyZetty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me begin this by saying , shading in my eyebrows is something I MUST do everyday because naturally me eyebrows are really thin and light (they hardly grow :(. ) hence ; I have become a pro at doing my eyebrows and have tried everything. So onto the review.
I purchased this for around $34 so it was pretty pricey imo . The SA tried convincing me I should purchase the medium even though I told her I wanted dark . But when she tried it on I liked it. So I went ahead and bought it and when I took it home it was just way too light for me . On top of that the brushes are so tiny and minuscule they're easy to lose ! The brushes were too soft so it was hard to really define them the way I like. The wax and powder combo wasn't all that either , it came off so easily (probably because of my oily skin) . The only thing I did like were the packaging and included tweazers. But still for $34 it was such a disappointment I will never waste my money again . I prefer using a black or brown gel liner and brush which lasts me ALL day !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by fofamoyane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! Usually, I wouldn't even bother how my eyebrows looked because I actually thought that it's fine how they are. However, when I tried this on, I just couldn't believe how much it enhanced the way I look.

It took me at least a couple of weeks to get used to it (you really need practice to perfect the application). Although some people may be afraid to use the wax, just try it a few times until you get the hang of it. You'll need to practice how to use it to get optimum results. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by xsteph95

I'm kind of new to shading my brows, so when I upgraded from powder (that wasn't even the right shade for me, YIKES) to this, I really really liked it! But this review is coming from a person who hasn't exactly tested out various eyebrow products. However, I do find the brushes and the packaging to be a little inconvenient. I'm not a morning person so when the brushes fall out of my hand or are too frustrating to apply in the morning I get extremely aggravated. It cost me about $40 for this at Sephora...there are definitely CHEAPER products. However, a little of this product does go a long way.. so I'm estimating this will last me for another 2-3 months or more.The product itself is still pretty good and you can easily replace those pesky small brushes with ones you can easily control but as for the price.... buy it at your own risk!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Beccyforbas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing. I have recently had an obsession with perfecting my eyebrows and I came across this product at myer. initially the $50 price tag put me off but the lady at the counter told me she has been using hers everyday for the last year. I use a tiny bit of the wax everyday and only the powder on special occasions, the wax is easy to apply, give a tiny bit of colour, adds the illusion that i have ful beautiful eyebrows and keeps them in place all day. I will rebuy!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Mands39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this product for OVER two years! I don't use it everyday but it is my only brow product simply because it lasts forever! It is absolutely NOWHERE near done. I don't use the wax because i think it looks very phony on me, perhaps I don't use it right but I really don't care. The wax has hardened a little but I feel if I just put it under a lamp for 30 seconds it would be back just the way it was

I have a dual eyebrow brush that came in a Sephora brush pack which is perfect for it because the other side is a flat end for gel liners i think. But it is perfect for using the wax. I have long since lost one of the wands and my friend lost the wand of hers so I just gave her mine! The tweezers are still floating around because I honestly think they are a handy item for last minute tweezes.

I wouldn't buy this again because I simply love trying new things and I really want to try the Anastasia line. I've also decided I'm not going to get any brow products until I've hit pan and with the Zings, it will take a very loooong time!!

Since I have a perfect dual ended brush, travel is a breeze with it. Again, not an everyday makeup item unless I am looking kind of pale, then it helps even out my face. It is very natural looking on me, but light strokes are required, it darkens up very easily! Simply wiping with a tissue easily takes care of that

This is a personal thing, but I am always tempted to rub my eyebrows about 20 minutes after application, I don't know if it's because I sense a foreign substance but I do have to remind myself not to touch them. It doesn't smudge though, I don't think it lasts all day but I don't even notice at the end of my work day. I'll have to update that later.

Overall a very nice product, if you find the right applicator brush I think a lot of reviews would be more positive.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by glasker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really really like this though I agree the little brushes and tweezers are kinda pointless because if you have regular human-sized hands you won't be able to 1) get them out of the compact and 2) actually use them to apply the product. I bought a full-sized angled brush and it helps with the application a lot. The product goes on easily and has pretty good staying power. My only minor complaint is that the powder has a kind of 'rust' undertone which gives my brows a distinctly auburn tint (they're mid-dark brown naturally!).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

Not very good! The little brush is awkward to grip, so you need a regular sized brow brush for this. The powder part is a bit messy, and the wax is a bit eugh. Colur is ashy so not natural looking at all. The casing also breaks so damned easily.