Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

The best lip/hand cream I've ever found! After trying many hand creams (caudalie, gold bond, butter London cuticle oil, Dior Creme abricot...which did not keep my cuticles moisturized sufficiently) and lip balms (caudalie, eos-mad my lips peel), I came across Aquaphor after given a coupon for it. This stuff is HG material. Whereas Vaseline is similar, I feel that Aquaphor soak in better and it doesn't have that petroleum scent. One con: the 16 oz jar packaging is not sturdy and will crack if you drop it on the ground, so be careful with it if you decide to purchase the 16 oz.

I hardly need to add to the hurrah for this one, but it is a powerhouse. Most people don't realize this, but mineral oil and petrolatum are wonderful, safe (as in non-comedogenic) occlusives (barrier forming). Try a thin layer of this on your face overnight and you will be amazed at the improvement preserving moisture this way can cause in your skin. Try a patch test of this if you are wary (it might cause a reaction in a very few people). It seems pricey, but will last forever. The best price is generally on iherb and GUP675 will take ten dollars off your order total :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got a free sample from dermatologist. Versatile - albeit greasy, easy to procure and well-priced - a good and "safe" alternative to (ick) Vaseline and petroleum based ointments. Good for chapped/cracked elbows, knees, feet and sparingly lips.
Heavy duty!

Easy to use , easy to find.

No scent.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this stuff! I use it mainly at night as a lip treatment because I find that is protects and moisturises my lips well. It also stays on the lips for hours and hours, probably due to the petroleum. Recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got turned towards this product after reading favourable things about it on aquaphorfortattoos.com, and decided to give it a try. I found it definitely helped out with tattoo aftercare, and seemed to improve my facial acne a bit as well. The product is a bit "greasy", but you get used to it and it spreads well.

This has become a must-have for my medicine cabinet. I often use this when my skin gets irritated and I need some serious TLC. I can put this on before bed and wake up with my skin feeling great; Aquaphor is such a fantastic product.

This is a must for everyone who uses prescription strength retinoids and Vitamin C serums. Aquaphor calms and heals the dry and irritated skin often associated with the above products. Ever since I started using it, I have tolerated Tazorac and the Skinceuticals Ferrulic C much better. I have been able to use both on a daily basis, even around my eyes and on my neck. Aquaphor is also exceptional when going on long flights. It really helps to keep my skin soft and well hydrated. If you are worried about the packaging just stick with the tubes. If it is too goopy for you, just wipe it off after a short period of time with a clean towel or washcloth. This will get rid of the excess cream and will also exfoliate gently.

I got this product in a tube. I bought the 2 pack. I absolutely love this. I use it on my lips, and it is fragrance free. It heals my chapped lips. Great lip balm and great deal. I will repurchase this.

Luscious healthy lips - that's no longer a wish for me but a reality.

I spent 24 years of my life with painfully chapped lips. Not only did I have flaky lips, I made matters worse by picking at them. The harsh Canadian winters also meant desperate lip balm binges - from ChapSticks, Burt's Bees, Rosebud Salve, eos, Carmex, Blistex to Kiehl's, Fresh, and Chanel - there hasn't been any hyped lip treatment that I haven't tried. Summers weren't any better and I thought that I would just have to live with it.

Last year, I decided to give in and try Vaseline as recommended by a few of my girl friends. I'm sad to say that it did not work for me. Then I tried Aquaphor and felt my life change.

After removing my makeup in the evenings, I lightly exfoliate my lips with either a washcloth or a soft toothbrush to remove any remaining lip product and dead skin. Then I apply my beloved Aquaphor. In the mornings, I apply the ointment and make myself a coffee while I wait for it to do its job. Applying lipsticks, liners, stains, etc hasn't been easier.

I also use the ointment to spot treat any dry areas on my hands - it's definitely too greasy for me to apply it all over (think greasy phone and keyboards - yuck). I also use it as an "eye cream" when sleeping over at the Boyfriend's (who by the way loves Aquaphor for his lips too). I just simply cannot leave the house without my tube of Aquaphor.

If you have given up hope on lip treatments and haven't tried this out yet, do yourself a favor and get this ointment. If you have chapped, bleeding, and flaky lips like I had - don't give up. I found my life changer, I know you can find yours too.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have used Aquaphor for years on my lips. It is the only thing that keeps them moisturized during the dry winter months. Other chapsticks are ok, but when my lips really start peeling and bleeding, I have to have my Aquaphor!