October 21, 2014 | 2013 users online

Body Scrubs - Clinique - Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating *Cream*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 11:02:00 PM More reviews by lisaf6501

This scrub makes your skin feel so wonderful...in 2 ways! First, when you apply it, it makes your skin feel cool and tingly (probably due to the menthol). Then, after your shower, your skin is incredibly soft. The scrubbing particles are gentle yet very effective. I don't like the smell of this much, but that's okay because of the way it feels. It may seem a little expensive, but a little goes a long way. I believe I paid $18.50 for my 8 1/2 oz tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by tconlgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product, I like the thick consistency that doesnt fall off wet skin, I love the big tub it comes in, I would like it better if they tweaked the scent to something more pleasant, using this in conjuction with the soft comfort body butter I have gotten the softest skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2005 6:36:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

My body loves Sparkle Cream. My feet love Sparkle Cream. My hands love Sparkle Cream. My nose loves Sparkle Cream. Medium non-scratchy round grain, menthol tingly scrub. Good price for a large tub. Very nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2005 12:24:00 AM More reviews by kricket3142

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i received this item in a swap (full size mind you and the tubed one) and i must say that i love it. i've used the St. Ives for many years, but wanted to try this out and the lovely knharde sent it to me. i didn't really like the smell until i got it in the shower and it "woke" me up! IMO it rinsed better than the St. Ives one. i say try it you never know!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2005 11:33:00 AM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I seem to be in the minority on this one. I didn't really like this scrub. I think a lot of it was the smell. I just did not like the smell. I think its sort of spendy too, 6.7 oz costs $18.50 on the Clinique website. I got this as part of a GWP and am glad I didnt pay full price. The grains are very fine and don't stay behind in the tub. I think I get more bang for my buck with St. Ives Apricot Scrub--a tub of that is under $4. I never would have bought this for myself though. If you get it in a GWP try it out but I would say don't rush out to get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2005 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover17

pros: makes your skin soft, nice minty smell to wake you up
cons: none

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2005 12:39:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A fellow product whore :o) got me this as a gift a few years ago, and, while it's not something I would have ever bought for myself, I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's a gentle yet effective scrub -- the exfoliating beads are very, very small and fine (as opposed to those really grainy, sandy feeling scrubs). The scent is also really nice -- a clean mint smell (the same that is in some of their moisturizers, like Triple Defense, for example). It's great to use after a workout -- definitely very refreshing; I don't take showers (am a total bath girl), but I would imagine that this would be a great scrub to use in the morning in the shower -- a great pick-me-up. I'm not sure exactly how much this costs, but I'm assuming it's probably more than I would typically spend on a body scrub. But it's a good product overall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2005 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Suzy_h

This product is the equivalent of comfort food for my face and body. I love the odd, witch hazel and mint smell, the thick pastey texture, the gray blue color, the menthol tingle. I have used this stuff for over 15 years. It is a body product but I use it on my face as well. No other scrub has given me such soft skin other than Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion in a Jar which is $75 for a much smaller jar. My boyfriend uses it as well. The most effective scrub out there. A MUST buy for all but sensitive skins (it is very strong i.e. size of grain and the menthol smell/feel).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2005 8:11:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I RIS this so I can't comment on its price but I can say that it's worth a lot $$ anyways.The exfoliating power is not special at all.The mint smell is ok,but it could be better.Very average.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2005 11:31:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wrote this review when this product was called the Body Sloughing Cream. Since they've renamed it, I wanted to post my review under this listing as well. My previous review = I have used Clinique's Body Sloughing Cream for years, and I love it. It has a sticky sand-like consistency, which works great. It is the best body exfoliator I've ever tried. 6-8-03 update: After reading above that this was being discontinued, I e-mailed Clinique about it. Their reply = Good news! Clinique's Body Sloughing Cream has not been discontinued. It has only been repackaged. The Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating Cream is the exact same product with a "face lift" to match the rest of Clinique's new body line. 5-7-05 update: This is still my HG body scrub. I've tried others (sugar, salt, oily, etc.) and none of them compare to the effectiveness of Clinique's.