April 17, 2014 | 1783 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating *Cream*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2005 6:36:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

My body loves Sparkle Cream. My feet love Sparkle Cream. My hands love Sparkle Cream. My nose loves Sparkle Cream. Medium non-scratchy round grain, menthol tingly scrub. Good price for a large tub. Very nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2005 12:24:00 AM More reviews by kricket3142

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i received this item in a swap (full size mind you and the tubed one) and i must say that i love it. i've used the St. Ives for many years, but wanted to try this out and the lovely knharde sent it to me. i didn't really like the smell until i got it in the shower and it "woke" me up! IMO it rinsed better than the St. Ives one. i say try it you never know!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2005 11:33:00 AM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I seem to be in the minority on this one. I didn't really like this scrub. I think a lot of it was the smell. I just did not like the smell. I think its sort of spendy too, 6.7 oz costs $18.50 on the Clinique website. I got this as part of a GWP and am glad I didnt pay full price. The grains are very fine and don't stay behind in the tub. I think I get more bang for my buck with St. Ives Apricot Scrub--a tub of that is under $4. I never would have bought this for myself though. If you get it in a GWP try it out but I would say don't rush out to get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2005 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover17

pros: makes your skin soft, nice minty smell to wake you up
cons: none

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2005 12:39:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A fellow product whore :o) got me this as a gift a few years ago, and, while it's not something I would have ever bought for myself, I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's a gentle yet effective scrub -- the exfoliating beads are very, very small and fine (as opposed to those really grainy, sandy feeling scrubs). The scent is also really nice -- a clean mint smell (the same that is in some of their moisturizers, like Triple Defense, for example). It's great to use after a workout -- definitely very refreshing; I don't take showers (am a total bath girl), but I would imagine that this would be a great scrub to use in the morning in the shower -- a great pick-me-up. I'm not sure exactly how much this costs, but I'm assuming it's probably more than I would typically spend on a body scrub. But it's a good product overall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2005 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Suzy_h

This product is the equivalent of comfort food for my face and body. I love the odd, witch hazel and mint smell, the thick pastey texture, the gray blue color, the menthol tingle. I have used this stuff for over 15 years. It is a body product but I use it on my face as well. No other scrub has given me such soft skin other than Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion in a Jar which is $75 for a much smaller jar. My boyfriend uses it as well. The most effective scrub out there. A MUST buy for all but sensitive skins (it is very strong i.e. size of grain and the menthol smell/feel).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2005 8:11:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I RIS this so I can't comment on its price but I can say that it's worth a lot $$ anyways.The exfoliating power is not special at all.The mint smell is ok,but it could be better.Very average.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2005 11:31:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wrote this review when this product was called the Body Sloughing Cream. Since they've renamed it, I wanted to post my review under this listing as well. My previous review = I have used Clinique's Body Sloughing Cream for years, and I love it. It has a sticky sand-like consistency, which works great. It is the best body exfoliator I've ever tried. 6-8-03 update: After reading above that this was being discontinued, I e-mailed Clinique about it. Their reply = Good news! Clinique's Body Sloughing Cream has not been discontinued. It has only been repackaged. The Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating Cream is the exact same product with a "face lift" to match the rest of Clinique's new body line. 5-7-05 update: This is still my HG body scrub. I've tried others (sugar, salt, oily, etc.) and none of them compare to the effectiveness of Clinique's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2005 9:42:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wrote this review when this product was called the Body Sloughing Cream. Since they've renamed it, I wanted to post my review under this listing as well. That review = I have used Clinique's Body Sloughing Cream for years, and I love it. It has a sticky sand-like consistency, which works great. It is the best body exfoliator I've ever tried. 6-8-03 update: After reading above that this was being discontinued, I e-mailed Clinique about it. Their reply = Good news! Clinique's Body Sloughing Cream has not been discontinued. It has only been repackaged. The Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating Cream is the exact same product with a "face lift" to match the rest of Clinique's new body line.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2005 7:17:00 AM More reviews by luckygirl322

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm conflicted about writing this review. While I have bought this scrub over and over, I still can't say I love it. Although it smells nice, I generally don't like using menthol products on my skin. I don't like the new packaging...the tube was much more shower friendly than the new tub. It's also very expensive! I must be using a lot more scrub per shower than a lot of these reviewers, because no way would this tub last me for 'months'! Maybe a 5 weeks at the most, if I'm using it regularly. However, even with all it's faults...it is an effective scrub, without being too harsh, or too oily. Which must be why I continue to spend my $$$ for it, even though it's not a HG. Oh, well...