Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation

4.4

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Methicone, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Fragrance (Parfum) 101905.

on 5/26/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

For all skin types.

Dual-function formula performs as a foundation and powder. Oil-absorbing pressed-powder makeup is great for oily skin and ideal for humid climates. Sheer to maximum coverage. Matte finish. Oil-free. I also Recommend using the Foundation Primer underneath to help it last all day!!

on 5/21/2010 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

EDIT to say... didn't like this at first, but when applied LIGHTLY with a powder brush, this is ideal to set Merle Norman's powder base. I'm very very fair, neutral, and this is a perfect match -- which is very hard to find! Plus, this compact has lasted me a solid YEAR!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I have always loved all merle norman products, and I think this is probably one of my favorites! I always use a regular foundation and apply this powder foundation over it to set it with a E.L.F. foundation brush, it works so great! The coverage is amazing, my skin looks flawless! I always get compliments everytime I wear it, try it :)

on 3/27/2010 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ran out of my previous powder foundation, and thought I'd try something new. The finish is fairly nice, kind of dry. Holds up well throughout the day on my oily skin. The SA originally matched me with a shade dark, so I took it back and had to convince her that it was too dark! I ended up getting a shade lighter which is ultra cream. I could probably go a shade down, but this one is all right. I don't want to go back again! Overall, it is a decent light to medium coverage powder foundation. The main drawback for me is the horrible smell that does not fade. Blech. I will not repurchase due to the smell and the stubborn colour challenged SA.

on 3/24/2010 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used this exclusively for foundation in my teens and twenties, and wore it on my wedding day. It is perfect for skin types that range from normal to oily. It absorbs oil, looks matte, and beautiful. Now that I have dry rosacea cheeks, I can't wear it there anymore - too uncomfortable. But it is perfect for the t-zone touch up. I wear the Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation in Cream mixed with a bit of darker foundation to darken it a bit, blot a couple of times a day, and use this powder in Cameo in my t-zone at lunch, perfection. About the scent, I don't care for it, but since the powder works so well, I will ignore the scent. I took one lippie off because I can't wear this on my cheeks.

on 1/20/2010 10:30:00 PM

I love it. Great color selection, sheer to medium coverage, cute-ish compact. It does not break out my oily skin. As with most powder foundations, it will emphasize flakiness if you have any. However it's hard to find in my area and it costs about $30. It is a great product.

EDIT: I just found a great dupe for this product. Avon's "Mark." brand makes a very similar powder foundation called Powder Buff. It's very similar and cheaper but offers a limited color selection.

on 12/21/2009 8:52:00 AM

This and the Sheer defense TM are all I will ever need again (well, at least for now, ha). I use the Ultra powder fndtn for "no makeup days", the Sheer defense topped with translucent powder for everyday makeup and the Sheer Defense topped with a buffing of Ultra powder for heavier photo or going out coverage. These two prducts are diamonds in the ruff for the Merle Norman brand, I really underestimated them. **UPDATE** I hate to do this really....Had to stop using this product because the talc just does not agree with me. I have tried so many times to use products with talc and they evenutally clog my pores and make me look terrible every time. If you are sensitive to Mica and/or Talc you might want to steer clear, but if you don't have problems with these ingredients then I say go for it because the powder is nice..just doesn't work for some ;(

on 12/20/2009 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great product, yes. Coverage is awesome, colour is pretty good (MAC NC30-35 ...got the colour ultra cream), lasts all day, doesn't feel heavy. Can cake if only used with sponge...thus I use a brush and it's perfect.
But why the heck did I end up paying $42 dollars canadian when people on here are paying about $20? It's ruining the product for me. If it were 20 I'd be in heaven.

on 11/28/2009 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this foundation after a free facial. It does cover like a foundation but is really a powder. I have Ultra Sand and I am pretty tan. The only thing I don't like is how big it is. The compact does have an air vent for the sponge so it doesn't get nasty. I use it like a foundation and don't use anything under it. Does anyone know if you can wet the sponge and use it for more coverage?

on 11/15/2009 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation. Wonderful in setting my makeup.
After giving this product another look after years of experimenting with other foundations, I have to say this is my favorite. Light on the skin but with great coverage.

Before a week ago I bought the sephora buildable coverage kit and the foundation made me break out sooo bad. Then I went to the mall and found this product again and it covered all the acne/ scars that I had recently gotten. I don't think I'll ever change my foundations again. Turns out I had the perfect one all along. :)