October 20, 2014 | 1032 users online

Brows - MAC - Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by KCrawford714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Skin type: Dry/Normal, Somewhat sensitive skin
Problems: Occasional blemishes, Freckles, Sometimes flaky, dry patches

Holy grail eye brow pencil for sure. My last "back to mac" contained nothing BUT the empty containers of this brow pencil. Adore this. Only downside and I wish they had it on the end of it is a brow comb. I think that is what it's called. But it would be very helpful! :)
I would really suggest this, if you have dark brown hair, maybe even with a tint of red hair as well. This color goes great with those types of hair, who knows maybe even blonde or black as well! :)
It just glides on and is easy to control. Especially in the mornings when your all groggy and just want to get your dang make up on! Lol. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by chrissie8809

Absolutely the best eyebrow pencil / crayon in existence!!
No nasty red undertones whatsoever, and doesn't look remotely like you've taken a marker to your brows :-)

will always always always repurchase!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dark chestnut neutral tone hair. I used to use clinique's superfine pencil in soft brown which was a taupey brown. But lately I find it a bit too cool for my brows. So I bought the spiked pencil from mac and love it. I find it goes better with my brows and hair. It adds just enough warmth to my brows without looking red and fake. It doesn't have too much red like most brown brow products out there. Just the right amount of warmth and looks really natural when brushed out with a brow brush. Also I find this last longer than my clinique one. So if you have dark chestnut or even almost/black hair I say give this a whirl or try at the mac counter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Noddywoddydoodaa

I have brows of a medium density with an arch. however the arch bit of my brow and the front of my brows are somewhat sparser than other parts. I've tried using powder, gel, black pencils and ended up looking silly each time or like I had applied powder on my brows. This mac pencil is AWESOME!!! It's so thin that you are able to get right in between the hairs and draw on your skin making it look so natural, just like your brows are naturally like that. Also, it does not move at all! I've gone like 12 hours with this product on and it hasn't budged which is excellent considering that I'm always rubbing my forehead and stroking my brows...(that sounded creepy, I swear it isn't! Quite calming when you're stressed actually) also if you have black hair and light - medium skin this pencil is fantastic as its dark enough that it blends in with your black hair but not so dark or black, so it won't look artificial or OTT.

The price is fine for the product. Iirc it's something around the 12 mark in the uk and to be honest I don't mind paying that at all since the product works so well and lasts so long. I use it everyday and it lasts around 6 months.

So to summarise its extremely long lasting, natural looking without being boring ( in other words you can really make your brows look dramatic and intense but it will still look like you have naturally good brows) great for the price and if you're around nc20-nc40 with dark brown/black brows then for the love of God get it.....get it now!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Now this is one product I couldn't live without.. I have sparse brows thanks to overplucking in high school when thin eyebrows was apparantly in.. looking back I have no idea why I would think such a thing LOL. Im convinced this brow pencil can make anyone have perfect brows. It stays on forever. i can sleep with it on and wake up with perfect defined brows. I have purchased this at least 3 times. I will forever use this, I would prob cry if they ever discontinued it which I highly doubt they would considering its amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by ellysem

LOVE this eyebrow crayon. I used to use benefit browzings but felt my eyebrows always looked too dark/noticeably filled in. This crayon eliminates the fake,overdone look. It makes your eyebrows look amazing and flawless. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants amazing eyebrows.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great buy from mac if you have dark eyebrows. The reason I have given it a 3 for packaging is you cant tell when its going to finish, so i have to buy two each time, because the last thing you need is shading in one eyebrow before going out, and it finishes....so your left running around your house trying to find another product, but I do like the slimline design and not having to worry about a shapner...(even if i cant tell when its gonna finish :) ) I love this and havent found anything that matches my eyebrow colour and i love the control it gives me to do my arch and the tail of my eyebrow

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Annoyingly, the drugstore product I love is no longer being made (Natural Collections brow pencil at 1.50 if anyone's interested) and I have not been able to find an alternative. I have Benefit Browzings in Fair and Sleek brow palette in Dark, together I can get a good brow but it is not a speedy option!
This is just right for me. The colour is just right for me - not too warm. I sometimes find that the darkest brown brow make up is too dark, but the next lighter shade is too red. This is perfect. The crayon itself is convenient to use as it doesn't need sharpening, and has quite a soft texture meaning it blends nicely on the brow. This is good as if you make a mistake, it is easily rectifiable!

It is pricey, but obviously I have been spoilt with only paying 1.50 for so long! I don't mind paying the extra for this one, as I mentioned I have other brow make up so it should last a decent amount of time.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by mgfer

I have been using this crayon for some years and I like it but I have recently discovered another one that I like much more: the Browwiz of Anastasia Beverly Hills. Both look similar but Mac pencil cannot be compared to the Browwiz as the result with this one is muuuuuch more natural. I have fallen in love with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by dzcml88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Removed one lippy because I wish the pencil was shaped in a more flat/oval way instead of rounded - that way I could eventually get it to be angled.

I like this. Lasts long hours. My favourite used to be the Shu Uemura Hard 9 pencil. I loved that it was so easy to apply, and it was the absolute perfect colour for my brows.... until I realised they photographed badly... on me anyway. In photos and under certain lighting, they'd make my brows look grey! I didn't like that and i'd heard good things about the Lingering crayon, but thought it was too light, so I went for Spiked.

I'm an Asian with black hair. I don't know if it's just me, cos I read great reviews here, but I feel this has a bit too much red in it. Think I might try Stud next.

Overall, the pencil is good though. Important to use it with a light hand. And DON'T twist it too far out. It does not go back in