MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

4.6

on 10/25/2012 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this! My eyebrows are quite sparse so I like to fill them and define their shape more. My eyebrows are literally black and I went into the MAC store with the intention of buying the pencil in either Stud or Spiked although I didn't want the colour to be too harsh/dark on my face. The girl in the shop tried them both on and actually said I could get away with the lighter one (Spiked) instead of Stud.

I literally am obsessed with it! It's got great coverage and goes on easily. The fine nib allows you to draw with it accurately and it gives a really nice natural look. At first I thought it was a bit expensive compared to other pencils I'd seen but I went for it and never looked back! Amazing item and a staple item in my makeup collection!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The ONLY reason why I didn't give this a perfect 5 is because the crayon does not wind down! If it was retractable it would be perfect!!! Pricey but great filling for natural black brows.

on 9/5/2012 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

OMG! I've been hearing about this for years and decided to splurge on my birthday. This pencil is great and goes on so smooth. I alternate it with Maybelline define a brow in dark brown so it will last longer. I think I will allow for 2 of these pencils per year in my budget.

on 8/16/2012 11:16:00 AM

Absolutely love this product! I had been eyeing this for a long time before I bought it, because where I live, MAC products are super expensive. I finally gave in though and got it and I am so happy I did! I have dark brown, almost black hair and this is perfect for me. It matches my hair color, is really easy to use and stays on all day. Will definitely repurchase when I run out, but since I only use a little bit at a time, it looks like I won't be needing to spend my money any time soon. lol :3

on 7/9/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my HG eyebrow pencil. So natural looking if applied properly and does not move. I think its a bit overpriced but a good eye brow pencil that is not too red is difficult to find. I am NC 30 with black hair and I love this.

on 6/20/2012 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Skin type: Dry/Normal, Somewhat sensitive skin
Problems: Occasional blemishes, Freckles, Sometimes flaky, dry patches

Holy grail eye brow pencil for sure. My last "back to mac" contained nothing BUT the empty containers of this brow pencil. Adore this. Only downside and I wish they had it on the end of it is a brow comb. I think that is what it's called. But it would be very helpful! :)
I would really suggest this, if you have dark brown hair, maybe even with a tint of red hair as well. This color goes great with those types of hair, who knows maybe even blonde or black as well! :)
It just glides on and is easy to control. Especially in the mornings when your all groggy and just want to get your dang make up on! Lol. :)

on 6/8/2012 11:29:00 PM

Absolutely the best eyebrow pencil / crayon in existence!!
No nasty red undertones whatsoever, and doesn't look remotely like you've taken a marker to your brows :-)

will always always always repurchase!

on 5/25/2012 11:27:00 PM

I have dark chestnut neutral tone hair. I used to use clinique's superfine pencil in soft brown which was a taupey brown. But lately I find it a bit too cool for my brows. So I bought the spiked pencil from mac and love it. I find it goes better with my brows and hair. It adds just enough warmth to my brows without looking red and fake. It doesn't have too much red like most brown brow products out there. Just the right amount of warmth and looks really natural when brushed out with a brow brush. Also I find this last longer than my clinique one. So if you have dark chestnut or even almost/black hair I say give this a whirl or try at the mac counter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have brows of a medium density with an arch. however the arch bit of my brow and the front of my brows are somewhat sparser than other parts. I've tried using powder, gel, black pencils and ended up looking silly each time or like I had applied powder on my brows. This mac pencil is AWESOME!!! It's so thin that you are able to get right in between the hairs and draw on your skin making it look so natural, just like your brows are naturally like that. Also, it does not move at all! I've gone like 12 hours with this product on and it hasn't budged which is excellent considering that I'm always rubbing my forehead and stroking my brows...(that sounded creepy, I swear it isn't! Quite calming when you're stressed actually) also if you have black hair and light - medium skin this pencil is fantastic as its dark enough that it blends in with your black hair but not so dark or black, so it won't look artificial or OTT.

The price is fine for the product. Iirc it's something around the 12 mark in the uk and to be honest I don't mind paying that at all since the product works so well and lasts so long. I use it everyday and it lasts around 6 months.

So to summarise its extremely long lasting, natural looking without being boring ( in other words you can really make your brows look dramatic and intense but it will still look like you have naturally good brows) great for the price and if you're around nc20-nc40 with dark brown/black brows then for the love of God get it.....get it now!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Now this is one product I couldn't live without.. I have sparse brows thanks to overplucking in high school when thin eyebrows was apparantly in.. looking back I have no idea why I would think such a thing LOL. Im convinced this brow pencil can make anyone have perfect brows. It stays on forever. i can sleep with it on and wake up with perfect defined brows. I have purchased this at least 3 times. I will forever use this, I would prob cry if they ever discontinued it which I highly doubt they would considering its amazing!

Popular Brows Products