July 25, 2014 | 2004 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Kiehl's - Supremely Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2006 11:19:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This remover didn't remove my black eyeliner nor mascara properly. Think its really for very light makeup. For really good eye makeup remover that removes even waterproof stuff, go for L'oreal which is Cheap and Good!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2006 8:43:00 PM More reviews by hrshykss

This make-up remover is great! Gentle, non-drying but not too greasy, either. The bottle is huge so it will last you awhile. I usually unscrew the top and stick a Qtip in the bottle if I need something more precise that a cotton ball. I used to use Clinique's Take the Day Off and I find I like this much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2006 1:32:00 PM More reviews by norae

This is gentle--so gentle that I had to scrub my eye about 20 times to remove my makeup! I think that level of rubbing negates any gentleness of the formula. This was not heavy-duty eye makeup, either--just a little e/s and maybe some kohl. It also stings quite a bit if any gets into my eye. Ouch.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2005 8:54:00 PM More reviews by wetbandit42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was unimpressed with this. The SA told me it worked much better than the Clinique eye makeup remover I had been using, but I have to disagree (the Clinique is crap too). This stuff is very overpriced, and I have to use a lot to get all my mascara off. It really burns if I get it in my eyes too. The only good thing is that it is not oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2005 9:15:00 PM More reviews by velouria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Since my HG m/u remover was discontinued (Yves Rocher Bio Calmile), I've been on the lookout for a replacement. I got a trial size of this a while back in a gift bag, and I became quickly addicted. Very easy to use, doesn't leave your lids oily or greasy, and does a great job for being so "gentle". The only downside is that my trial size ran out, and I had to shell out $21 CDN for a full-sized bottle. Other than the price, this stuff is amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2005 2:17:00 PM More reviews by babyspinks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have to say that I was unimpressed with this product and probably will wind up throwing out the remainder. I think an eye-makeup remover should do the job immediately without having to rub excessively or re-apply multiple times, as was the case with Kiehl's for me...Kiehl's remover did not live up to my expectations and I was bummed that I spent the money for a non-functional (in my opinion) product. I think Cetaphyl does a much better job of removing eye-makeup and I'll stick to that!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2005 7:14:00 PM More reviews by schang2004

Out of all the "gentle" eye makeup removers I have tried, this one is the best. It doesn't sting my eyes and it gets even the toughest waterproof eye make up off. Sometimes, I accidently get the stuff in my eyes but not even that made my eyes tear. I think it's a bit on the pricey side. I did stray from this and tried another cheaper brand but regretted it and now am back to Kiehls again cuz this stuff is worth every penny.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2005 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Bernie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is really good! It's the only eye makeup remover not to make my eyes itch or burn after two years' of itching eyes and searching (I have ocular rosacea and many chemical sensitivities). It's fragrance free and very gentle. It's a little greasy so I don't use it neat. Here's what I do: I wet a cotton pad with tepid water, let it cool a little and rub some of the formula into the damp pad and hold on my eyes. This dissolves most of my non-waterproof mascara and I clean the excess with another damp pad. So refreshing, esp. on sore eyes! Expensive but worth it. So, If you didn't like it neat, try it the way I describe above. A true gem.
Kiehl's changed this formula over a year ago and I now react! I am so upset! I loved the original cos it excluded nasties like phenoxyethanol and propylene glycol....now it contains them and I have a horrible reaction to it...seriously bad. The original had a unique preservative system and that was the reason, I believe, why I didn't react to it (react to every other makeup remover around my rosacea-affected super-sensitive eyes)! Anyway, even if I didn't react to the updated version it's not a patch on the original in terms of performance!
I have written recently to the VP at Kiehl's to beg her to return to the original formula! Why do companies do this! ) This has to go from a five to a one star review.
PLEASE, KIEHL'S, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2005 12:12:00 AM More reviews by kaestu

I ran out of my usual Clinique Naturally Gentle & decided to try this instead. It's okay. It does the job fine. It doesn't irritate my eyes and it takes off my eye makeup, but it doesn't just come right off. I still have to rub to get it all off. I haven't tried it w/waterproof mascara yet so I can't say how it works on that. My two biggest complaints are that it is kind of thin and runny for my taste and I don't like the packaging. I'd rather have it in a tube than a bottle because it would be easier to squeeze. I'll be going back to my Clinique Naturally Gentle during the next Clinique GWP.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2005 4:16:00 PM More reviews by aimmerz

Good stuff. It is indeed very gentle so you can smear it all over your eyes with no problem. However, it is quite greasy, which is why it works so well. It's important to follow up with a gentle cleanser or you may get a tiny pimple or two near the eyes, like I did.