July 24, 2014 | 1472 users online

Concealers - Mary Kay - concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by labu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect concealer for BLEMISHES. It may be a bit too thick for under the eyes (it's similar to the consistency of warm peanut butter) and requires PATTING, not swiping, for even and blended coverage. I say that it's good for blemishes because the thickness makes it super pigmented, unlike watery concealers that go on sheer and don't do the actual job a concealer should do, which is to cover up... to conceal! This concealer covers up color very well (redness), and is thick enough that it smooths out uneven texture when patted on evenly... and again, I mean that, PATTED. You won't get even coverage by smearing it on, you must gently pat until blended. Also, a little goes a LONG WAY, I mean, you barely need a pin-point-size dab to cover an entire blemish, making this stuff last FOREVER and you get your money's worth. I've used this concealer on blemishes without anything on top to set (foundation, powder, etc.) and it lasted me a 9-hour day at work (sweaty and hectic) without wearing off (keep in mind my skin is not that oily). I also used it on blemishes before going out dancing, having applied liquid foundation and super light powder on top to set, and once again, lasted me a whole night of super sweaty dancing. In other words, staying power is great, with or without a set. The good thing about this line is that it comes in many tones -- warm, cool, yellow, etc. -- so you're bound to find one that at least comes darn close to what you need. I'm a medium olive tone, and beige 1 works good for my yellow-undertoned skin. Can't believe I used a watery concealer for so long, this one's the bomb.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never quite understood if this is the concealer in the black tube or the one that says "signature" because the pictures uploaded are two different concealers (??). I tried the black tube in the lightest shade and unfortunately it wasn't as good as I had hoped. It came out a little too yellow on my skin, it's a little thick for me and not as easy to blend into my skin or foundation as I'm used to with Lancome Effacerness. It actually seems like it never really blends in. It has a high coverage, but too much makes it look like a mask. So in the end, I don't know if the coverage was natural for me. The positive thing is that it's cheap so I didn't feel bad about it. I will stick to Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by DGentile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dark under-eye circles and also very dark skin on my eyelids. This is due to heredity (thanks dad) and not lack of sleep or allergies. I have tried many concealers, and this one is the best so far. I use the "yellow" color, which does a good job of counter-acting the purple-y color of my circles. I find that I can build up the coverage, and it still doesn't look too cakey, as long as my skin is well exfoliated and moisturized to begin with. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's the best thing I've found so far!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by msnini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

really interested to try this concealer. im in malaysia. could any of u suggest which shade suit me most? im nc35. i need it to cover acne scarring.pls help! my friend bought me an ivory.it was wayyy to fair for my sin tone!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by wkndwarrior25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's great! Creamy and provides great opaque coverage. I'm kinda new to makeup but its better than the cheap drugstore brand i tried. It is really great for under eye darkness. I don't get many zits, and I'm not wrinkly (yet!) so I can't comment on that. But overall great product and I got mine free because my mom used to sell so it works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by pjmacdonald

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I think $10 for a small tube is a great deal because you really don't need a lot. I use two small dots under my eyes and it hides the dark circles. I still have a lot left. Great product and worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by sandy12294

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely ♥ this product. A little goes SUCH a long way. They have weird shade choices, but they work great. I chose the shade Ivory 1 and it is a great match. I mainly use it for undereyes, mainly because i don't like to cover my blemishes up even more than I already have. But if I have to this concealer is GREAT for that too. I totally recommend this product for anyone, with any skin color or skin type. You can buy this product at www.MaryKay.com and find your local mary kay consultant. This product was around $10.00 US.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Pinkiefoxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG concealer! Love the texture and the colour matches me perfectly (I'm an ivory 2)

Although it dries matte, I don't have a problem with dryness as I use a liquid foundation over top. I also have quite a heavy moisturizer anyways, and my skin gets quite oily.

The squeeze tube packaging is great and a little goes a long way. The application process is easy as you can either do this with a brush or just your fingers.

It doesn't slide or move around after you apply it, and after you set it with powder it boost the staying power! I can go for more than 8 hours and it still wouldn't move an inch!

My advice for those curious to try this is out is find yourself a consultant and get matched! If you don't like it, just return it for a full refund!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by cowbeIIyoursocksoff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer! I am 24 and have been using this product since I was 12. I use beige and it has a little bit of a yellow undertone which works well with my skin tone. I have always had dark circles under my eyes, and this works very well to cover them without disappearing mid-day. It also works well with covering redness. It is thick but not cake-y. A little bit goes a long way. This is my HG, I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by evelynhg1107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have fair, yellow Asian (Chinese) skin and I was debating whether to try the signature Yellow or go with Ivory 1&2. I visited a local representative and tested the colors on my neck. Ivory 2 was too dark for me, Ivory 1 had a pink tint (Yes, even when most Caucasians find it too yellow, it's still too pinkish for my Asian skintone) so in the end, I decided to go with Yellow.

I was using Dermablend's Skin Concealer in 20 Nude and as much as I loved it, the color 20 was about 1/2 a shade too dark for me. I was lucky to be blessed with mild undereye dark circles which Maybelline's Age Rewind Concealer in Light could easily take care of. My purpose for the MK concealer was to conceal some hyperpigmentation. I cannot imagine using MK concealer for undereye dark circles. The texture is just too thick and creamy even more so than Dermablend.

Rule of thumb is to moisturize thoroughly. I stipple the MK concealer around my hyperpigmentations with a brush and the yellow tint can easily mask any redness. I find that stippling is a lot easier than smoothing it on because of the thick texture and stippling also helps me conceal better. The funny thing about using a finger to dab concealer on is that more often that not, I end up concealing around the blemish or hyperpigmentation and leave the centre unconcealed.

This may not be the best concealer and I do prefer Dermablend but color-wise, MK's Yellow is the best fit for me so far. I can't say for undereye dark circles but for hyperpigmentation, I think this concealer works really well.