Shiseido Pureness Matifying compact

mica, talc, polymethyl methacrylate, dimethicone, diisostearyl malate, zinc myristate, ehylhexyl methoxycinnamate, silica, sorbitan sesquiisostearte, phenyl trimethicone, methicone, tocopherol, BHT, ethylparaben, parfum, CI 77891, CI 77492, CL 77491, CI 77499.

on 5/31/2007 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

have been using this product for sooo many years now... still my favorite compact powder. better then the expensive one from kanebo (silk) that looks like a mask for theater performance when i put it on.

on 4/1/2007 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this friday night. I didn't get the color I originally wanted so i got a lighter one. I generally like a bit more color on my face than my neck since my face is usually a tad darker than my neck... BUT the color i wanted wasn't in stock of course.

I got shade #10 light Ivory. This blends very well with my skin doesn't look like i am wearing makeup at all. I generally like a fuller coverage BUT this will be good on those days that I just don't want to mess with me liquid foundation and all that. I think I will now have to get a concealer for under my eyes not that i have dark circles or anything I just want to even that area out a little more.

Well I was bored today and decided to try my foundation to see how natural it looks. well it looks great. I washed my face and moisturized then I put on my dr brandt pores no more waited a few mins then I applied the foundation with my chanel kabuki (it is new too and i wanted to try it). Well with all powder foundation it's a bit flat and i did expect that (since i like a matte face anyway, not a fan of "dewy" foundations). This isn't as heavy of coverage as MAC's studiofix IMO.

It still looked great after an hour of wear, didn't settle into my enlarged pores around my nose or the couple of big ones in my forehead.

After 2hrs it still looked really good. No huge amounts of oil not sure if that is due to my primer or the foundation itself.

Four hours later it still looks pretty darn good. no settling into pores or lines. no huge amounts of oil on my face like can happen with my other foundations.

overall this is great and i wish i would have bought it sooner. My foundation color in mac's studiofix fluid is NW20. Which to me is a bit more pink than this foundation which has a tad more yellow to it. BUT what i wear varies from company to company.

I did not use the puff that comes with the compact so maybe that would give a fuller coverage, I used my chanel kabuki and my mac 180 brush to apply.

I will be buying this again, this will be perfect for the summer months I will just have to get a darker shade for when my skin is tan.

on 11/13/2006 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great powder/foundation for someone with oily-acne prone skin. For greater coverage, I was told you can apply it wet by dampening the applicator -but I've always used it dry and coverage is GREAT! I have a really bad T-Zone that turns into an oil slick after an hour of wearing makeup. This product lasts a long time and the powder keeps my face looking fresh throughout the day. I'm constantly getting asked what brand of makeup do I use. It gives my face a flawless matte look and totally covers up any scarring. It's the best thing I've used and it doesn't break me out. I have tan skin and it matches my skin tone perfectly. Shiseido has a great range of colors, especially for people like me that need something with a yellow base. For some it might be a little too pricey - but I'd rather get great quality and pay a little more. When it comes to your skin, don't skimp. You can also get powder refills, so you don't have to purchase a complete compact.

I've been using this product for 3 yrs now and highly recommend it. The pureness line is really awesome! Shiseido has a great return policy, so if you're not satisfied you can get your money back with no problem. The only drawback is the compact. if you drop it and it hits a hard surface - the powder may crack, but i've only experienced this when there hasn't been much left. When the refill is full, it seems ok even after dropping.

on 5/27/2006 12:30:00 AM

Not such excellet coverage, didnt keep my t-zone as matte as i thought it would, yet dried out my cheeks fairly well, doesnt blend that well either.

on 5/21/2006 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

this is my HG foundation! i have pretty oily skin that gets shiny and this helps tone it down, but doesnt keep it stop it completely. its very natural looking(quite powdery looking at first but looks natural after 30 min) and long lasting and people always think i have perfect skin when i wear this when i dont! =)! its quite reasonably priced and has UV protection. however, the packaging could be improved - if you drop the compact, the powder will break

on 5/19/2006 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A good product for those with oily skin, but it's a bit harsh for my sensitive skin. I have it in Light Ivory. It has a medium coverage, SPF16 and mattifyes very good. No clogged pores.

on 4/5/2006 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well i have been using the light ivory shade for 3 years now and to be honest i love it. I am now 22, but i suddenly got adult acne at the age of 20 so i still have some mild scars left. This powder covers naturally and stays on pretty much all day for me. It does not look caky when i prespire and i always look natural. Some reviewers sad the packaging is a problem, my refill never fell out. Just make sure you press it down a bit when u place it in the box. Oh and the powder lasts me a long time and i use it everyday.

This product is just ok. Since I am oily, it ends up becoming a bit of a thick mess by the end of the day. Mac blot powder is a better option.

on 1/26/2006 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

a great product for oily/combo skin. good coverage, natural look. keeps shine-free for about 4-5 hours (i have quite oily skin which starts shining after wash in about an hour by the way). this is something i couldn't have with any other compact. it can be worn either over foundation/concealer or on its own and it does nor cake up. a small amount is usually enough. if you put on too much of it it might look a little bit too powdery at first (but this will go away in a few minutes too). i usually prefer to apply it with a natural powder brush especially over foundation. definitely my HG of powders

on 1/9/2006 4:37:00 PM

This is similar to MAC's Studio Fix, but better!!! I have some blemishes and acne scars, and a very oily T zone. This makes my skin look like velvet, and keeps me pretty matte through the day without drying my cheeks. It also doesn't clog my pores. Perfect!!! I just don't like the packaging too much, because the refill doesn't glue well to the case, I have to take care so it doesn't fall out when I'm applying, but this is nothing compared to how good this foundation is.