Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

on 2/10/2015 4:34:00 PM

I really like this foundation because it is also a serum and my skin feels good when I wear it; the coverage is good if you wear a few more drops than is recommended on the box it comes in. I have very normal skin in terms of breakouts and blemishes so I don't have a lot to cover up. I mostly wear foundation to cover my uneven skin tone and this foundation works for that. The foundation is a little bit oily on my skin, but I wear translucent powder that diminishes the shine. I highly recommend this product for people who want light to medium coverage and for those who want foundation without all the harsh chemicals that most foundations carry. I did not buy the brush, as it seems like a waste of money, I use my fingers. The price was pretty high but I used an ULTA coupon and only paid $19 plus tax, which was a good deal because the regular price was $29.

on 2/10/2015 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have always been a heavy coverage girl, I don't know exactly why, but I just like it. I don't have bad skin, just a few blemishes here and there, I wanted to try something more natural, sheer and lightweight.

Packaging- People either love or hate the packing, personally I think the packing is great, its a fresh way having your liquid foundation stored as appose to the normal glass bottle. With this foundation you won't see me screaming 'nooo' in slow moo when I accidentally drop the bottle on my carpet or indeed any floor. I simply just think 'oops' and pick up, no mess, no problem. I also like how the bottle's colour reflects and what shade you get. Its not see through either. So you don't have to stare at a half empty bottle when you've been using it for a while, however I little clear slit on the side would be great, so you can see when you about run out. I like how the bottle is a sturdy plastic but you still squeeze it easily enough. The non drip cap is great.Though sometimes the pressure in the bottle would make some product come out, which made a little mess.

Formula- The formula is thin, and rather runny, but I don't have anything against that. This means a little goes a long way, making your money go further. As far as the shaking goes I think its great!! I would rather shake the shit out of this little thing than have any clogging chemicals that would usually do the job of mixing the foundation for me, on my skin. The whole concept of the product is fab, but does it actually work?

Wear/Feel-The thing that drew me to this foundation was that its healthy for your skin. I had never used BM before this. The foundation is light, easy to apply, whether your prefer to uses brushes or your fingers, or even a beauty blender, though I think a flat brush is best. It goes on smoothly and covers my blemishes well enough but for people with a lot of spots this may not do the trick. 1-2 drops is light coverage 3-4 drops is medium coverage and 5-6 is full coverage. I do agree that this foundation is more of a sheer-medium coverage which I wasn not keen on. But this foundation has completely changed that, I now love the look of sheer coverage, but if I feel a bit off I can put more on, fab!

When you apply this make sure you build it up if you want more coverage, don't slap 5-6 drops on at once, start with 2 or 3 then add more once you have applied the first layer. Then make sure you buff it very well, that's the key with this foundation, buffing!!

Price- Ł26.00 in the UK which I happy to pay for, I don't mind spending more money on foundation as its going to be on my face pretty much all the time.

Brush or no brush?- I actually went ahead and purchased the brush with the foundation. Again everyone either likes it or hates it.I like and hate the brush... I call it the bucket brush. It goes well with how the foundation is dispensed. Blends very well and the bristles are soft. The only couple of things I would say are...
It tends to get clogged easily when you have been apply a few layers
Its a little small
The Bareskin foundation seems to cling to the bristles.. which I have noticed with other foundations I have used with the brush, its bristles they are a different material seems like, to other brushes... hrm
When you buy the foundation and brush together there is no deal? Like come on?!

The price for the brush is Ł24 which is normal for a mid range- high end range brand so I was happy paying it, I would like the brush more if it was more practical.. Bigger, better material and easier to clean please BM? So for those reasons, I would say that the brush is necessary.

I did find this foundation extremely hard to set. Even when using a heavy duty powder that I brought especially for it. I noticed that it stuck to my dry areas, and that it would absorb into the middle of the face. I cannot figure out why, also I don't have oily skin, I have dry skin but it made me feel very oily and wet.I also noticed that it transfers a lot. Onto my phone from ear area, onto my clothes from chin and onto my hands/fingers if I scratched my face.

I wouldn't purchase this again purely because I have spent enough money on it already, setting powders, new primer etc, and nothing worked. I am annoyed that this foundation didn't work, I really tried my best to make it work for all the effort and money including buying the brush. This product is just a flop to me, I don't think BM really thought about what is practical for a foundation. The concept of this product is so good, its shame that the product didn't live up to it.

I do love BM, so far this and the lose concealer are the only products I have been disappointed at.

on 2/9/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I'm matched to number 12. I've experimented with using just fingers, sponge and brush. I tried using with or without primer.

I've noticed that when it's a warm/hot day this foundation will crease and show each line and dry patch on your face. Even when I've powdered, used a primer or blotted. Since I do have oily skin I believe it also plays a major factor. It would move around the product.

But there have been times where my skin looked so flawless and matte. I think it all comes down too how oily my skin is that day and the weather.

This foundation is suited for oily skin on a winters day. And you don't want to be wearing it more than 3-4 hours.

on 2/7/2015 2:11:00 AM

This is the first liquid foundation I've ever used. I use to use their powder foundation or everyday minerals foundation. My recommendation would be, take the cap off, stick your finger over the hole where to foundation comes out, and shake it like crazy to mix it up well. I then stick two drop of the foundation on the brush I bought with it, and I begin to dot my face. Forehead, cheeks, chin, and then nose. I buff buff buff buff until I get some nice coverage. I add one more drop to the brush and use a little more under my eyes and in any red spots/pimples I may have. To me, everything looks covered, natural, and doesn't feel heavy. I think a lot of people may have problems using too much of this product and may not be buffing it out as much as they should. A little goes a long way. Another way I use this if I'm in a rush. I squirt some face lotion with spf in the palm of my hand and I add two drops of the foundation (I shake it up first) mix it together and rub it on my face. I guess it's more like a tinted moisturizer that way. But it still gives me pretty good coverage. I use a little bronzer, blush, and finishing powder, and I'm done with my makeup a lot quicker this way and happy with the coverage.

on 2/6/2015 4:56:00 PM

I was really excited about this, it seemed really promising. However, it ended up breaking me out. I liked the finish and it felt extremely lightweight on my skin, which I love. I felt like it took more than the recommended drops to actually give me any visible coverage though. I didn't buy the brush because I found the two to be expensive, even just on their own. The color selection was really nice and I felt like it matched me really well. I don't think it did much for oil control though. Even if this didn't break me out, I don't think I would go back to it.

on 2/5/2015 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation. I used it with my own brush, (I moisten it with a little water first) and it didn't show any flakes or cake up under my eyes, and it felt really nice on my skin. I need a drop for each side of my face and then another one for my forehead. I gave it an overall rating of 4 because the shade I got, which is the lightest neutral shade (linen) is too dark for my skin, but I am looking forward to using it in the summer when I have a bit of a tan.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love love love this foudation! Im so glad that BareMinerals decided to get on the "bandwagon" with a liquid foundation. Their powder mineral makeup is good but personally I love the natural finish of a liquid foundation. This foundation is seriously one of the best Ive ever used and I've tried everything from drugstore to super high end. It looks like "your own skin but better". I love that it's more like a serum foundation than a liquid because not only does it feel lighter on the skin but it actually a COVERS like a thicker heavier foundation would. The coverage is comparable to Revlon Colorstays, but it's not nearly as thick or paint-like as Colorstay. And it's buildable--on days where my skin is clear and break out free, I can squirt just 1-2 drops of this on my hand, take a finger and dot it through my face and then blend with my stipple brush. And it would give just a simple basic medium coverage. Days that my skin isn't looking the greatest, I can first apply 1-2 drops as I said before, and then squirt out another 1-2 drops (3-4 in total) and add another layer of this foundation over my problem areas without risk of cakiness. It blends seamlessly! Honestly this covers so well that I don't even feel the need to go back in with concealer except for under my eyes where I have some serious dark circles. If your undereyes aren't bad you might be able to get away without undereyes concealer for everywhere wear with this.

Something interesting about this foundation is that it comes in a plastic squeeze tube-type bottle. Personally, I love this about the packaging! It's so easy to control how many drops you want to take out and this minimizes waste. This is something that always bothered me about Revlon Colorstay, being in an open glass bottle with just a lid on top. I always wasted product tipping it over and over pouring the product onto my hand. The BareSkin foundation not only comes in a handy package but the ingredients are relatively harmless which I appreciate. No fillers, preservatives, oils, parabens, etc. Because there are no fillers, you have to shake the bottle because every use which or else the color might have all sunken to the bottom of the bottle and you'd just squirt out weird clear liquid. I have no issue with having to shake it up especially for the benefit of a product without harmful fillers and other ingredients.

As far as lasting power, this stuff lasts literally all day for me from the time I apply it to the time I remove my makeup at night so long as I set it with powder. I use Ben Nyes Luxury Translucent setting powder which I use with any liquid foundation. It is my HG! Can't love without it. Together, these two last on my face all day even through my combination oily skin. I can't say how well this foundation lasts by itself because I can't go without setting powder with my skin type.

To me, the price you pay for this product is kind of sweetly in the middle between the cheapest and the most expensive. At $30, it's not the most affordable foundation ever but I also don't think it's unreasonable. The only thing that's ridiculous is the gimmick product that Bare Minerals made to get more money from this foundation--that silly looking brush with the hole in it to hold foundation. It's really only ridiculous because it costs more than the foundation itself! The worker at the Bare Minerals store was trying so hard to get me to give in and buy it by saying things like "Well if you try the foundation and don't like it, it's because you didn't use it with this brush". I just didn't like the fact that it had that hole in the middle...I can't see it blending the foundation really well because it's only blending with the outside part but that's just my opinion. I use a typical flat top stippling brush and the results are flawless.

All In all, I highly recommend this to people with all skin types. Oilier skinned people like myself should most definitely use a setting powder with it (but we should always use setting powder with any foundation), and drier skinned people should wear moisturizer underneath this and have no issues. I actually find it a bit hydrating on the skin. Definitely worth the money and I will be repurchasing again when I run out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff. It is literally the ONLY liquid foundation I've ever been able to use regularly without breaking out in cystic acne, but it's really just not very good foundation. It is very thin...I can get medium to almost full coverage out of it, but I have to use alot and layer it. I also get shiny very fast with it and it tends to smear and "pool up" on my forehead...I have to use powder on top of it (I use NYX mattifying blotting powder) and touch up the powder several times a day. But...I still like it better than using only powder foundation, and I like not having pimples, so I will keep on buying it. *Sigh*

Sidenote: I apply this with my fingers because I cannot seem to get the hang of applying it with a brush. Maybe it would work better if I could figure out the whole brush thing.

on 2/2/2015 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The only redeeming quality about this is the color range where the lightest option is actually a good match for me.

No matter how I prep and prime, no matter how long I shake the bottle, and no matter which brush, sponge or finger application method I use, this remains streaky, patchy and highlights dry patches and flakes I did not even know I had. It also never really sets and rubs off on e-ve-ry-thing.

I also got suckered into buying the accompanying brush which is nothing special in my opinion and certainly does not improve application. Big no from me across the board. A shame as this is the first BE product to really let me down.

on 1/29/2015 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Pros:
-Good color range
-Non-irritating/no fragrance

Cons:
-Cannot apply without foundation brush, or it'll sit on top of your skin
-Easy to stain clothes because of packaging
-Too liquidy
-Rubs off easily
-Very little Coverage

I can understand using this foundation if you have near-perfect skin, but even still, it's way too expensive for the quailty. It also seems that you have to buy the equally expensive brush in order for it to look good which makes the product absurd if you ask me.

I'd use a basic tinted moisturizer instead of this. Kudos to BE for being ambitious, but this formula needs work:(

Video Reviews & Tutorials