September 30, 2014 | 1403 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mailytvu

I have really thin, long lashes that grow straight down. I used the waterproof Voluminous Million Lashes and liked it, but it didn't thicken my lashes. It held my curl all throughout the day and made my lashes even longer. I bought the original Voluminous Waterproof thinking it would thicken my lashes, and it did, but it didn't hold my curl as well as the Million Lashes. I'm pretty sure it's because the Million lashes is a drier formula than the original. The packaging seems a little outdated also. It's cheaper than the Million lashes though. It's just an okay product. Still haven't found my drugstore HG mascara :( I'll try Maybelline whenever I'm done with this tube!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I almost love everything about this mascara - holds curl, super black, is waterproof, big ol' brush makes my lashes pop - but it does produce some smudging under my eyes after only a couple of hours. I don't have oily skin and I don't put it on the bottom lashes. It can go on pretty wet so I recommend keeping your eyes closed while applying or using a card to block your eyelids. I don't mind because of the awesome result, but combined with the smudging it's bumming me out. Topping it with Anastasia's Lash Genius fixes the smudging problem, but I shouldn't have to do that. If it didn't smudge it'd be my HG because it does everything I want otherwise. I'm going to keep trying tricks to reduce the smudging and will update if I find a trick to make this perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by missbeautyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Does not budge
- Thickens Lashes
- Very Dark Formula
Cons:
- Can clump
- A bit difficult to take off
Overall:
I really do like this mascara. It does thicken my lashes. The formula is very dark so my lashes become jet-black. It also stays put throughout the day. I put this on in the very early morning hours and when I yawn my eyes water. But this mascara doesn't rub off when I rub my eyes. The only downside to it is in the beginning the formula is very thick so if you don't scrap the excess mascara off it will clump. But once it dries up a little bit it is fine. Also for me it can be a little bit of a challenge to take it off at night. But it's nothing to difficult. If you're looking for a good waterproof mascara this it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a waterproof mascara gal, and usually I go for the rubber bristles because my eyelashes are pretty long and clump very easily. I've never had success with big plush brushes like the L'Oreal Voluminous brushes, but recently saw someone on Youtube scrape off the brush and it all clicked. I absolutely adore this mascara, and it only takes one coat (scraped off back into the tube) to get falsie-looking lashes that are plush. If you're prone to clumping, I highly recommend this one - just remember to scrape off the brush and separate with a clean mascara wand.

You cannot beat the black of this mascara, and it's only $5 a tube!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by smitty07

Sadly, this mascara rubs off during the course of the day and leaves me with raccoon eyes. My sample from Sephora (a formula that is not even waterproof) stays on better. I can't recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall, its very similar to the non water proof and it really is waterproof. I used this all summer and wore it when swimming during pool parties. It comes off easily with the L'oreal wp eye makeup remover.

I just dont like how after one month it gets dry and clumpy. I dont pump the wand either. Its really only good for about a month and then its time to get a new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by CiaraAinsley

Pros
-Nicely pigmented.
-Voluminizing.
-Lengthening.
-Does not flake or smudge.
-Cheap.
-Waterproof.

Cons
-The texture is a bit dry and stiff.
-The brush is just okay. IMO it picks up too much product- try wiping the brush off before using.
-Sometimes adds little crumbly chunks of product on lashes, but these can be removed with a few extra strokes of the brush.
-I know it's supposed to be waterproof, but I would prefer it to be a bit easier to remove. It's very difficult for even the most high end brands to achieve this balance, though.

Bottom line- I actually have really great eyelashes- long and voluminous. However, I'm a natural blonde, so they're also invisible. I honestly don't need much from a mascara other than the pigmentation. I thought this was a good balance between a natural and a dramatic effect, and it lasts and lasts. Basically, it did what it said it would do, and it looks great!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by starlightsparkl

Edit: I actually really like this mascara! the only thing is it does not work alone on my eyelashes. I have to put it with another mascara at all times. It's not my favorite but i would recommend at least trying it out if you haven't already. I would repurchase but it's not my first choice nor favorite

Original:
Ew ew ew ew ewwwww. I cannot understand why so many people rave about this. First of all, it does not hold a curl. Second, it looks terrible. And third, you can find about a million better mascaras at the drugstore for better prices.
The thing i hate most about this is the little bumps and imperfections it puts on your eyelashes. Yes it slightly volumizes but it only sticks your lashes together and adds tiny clumps.
I saw several reviews saying after a week or 2 it would hold curl better because it dried out a little. I've had it for over a month and i've tried it numerous times and every single time it looked horrible.
I used this and the loreal voluminous million lashes (my love <3) and i asked a few people which one they thought looked better. Of course it was close friends and family hahah but they chose chose voluminous million lashes
I don't know why people would like this.
Two lippies for the average wand and no raccoon eyes, but other than that theres nothing extremely special about this

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by the_borg_queen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so sad when Shu Uemura discontinued their Mascara Basic (my hg mascara). I was on a quest to find something similar to Shu's MB - Natural looking, long lasting, waterproof, and most importantly something that would not take the curl out of my eyelashes. I've tried SO many different mascaras, both high and low end, with disappointing results. Most of them were thick, clumpy and made my eyelashes stick straight out.
I finally decided to give Voluminous a whirl. It's around $8 so it wouldn't be a very big loss if it was another stinker. I was absolutely shocked when I discovered it was very similar to my HG Mascara Basic! It gave my lashes a wonderful lift and kept the curl perfectly. The only thing that i don't really care for is the applicator wand. The brush is a little too big. I have to wipe some of the mascara off with a tissue or it gets slightly clumpy from too much product. Other than that it's a great dupe! So cheap too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've heard so many good things about this product and finally got the chance to try it out. For the price, it does an amazing job. It definitely makes my lashes thicker and noticeable. I would repurchase.