November 26, 2014 | 1701 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Adi0915

After I curl my lashes, I put on a few coats of this and it makes my lashes look really nice considering they're short. I actually thought the brush was huge compared to most mascara brushes but I don't mind that. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily skin though. I have oily skin and most of the time I'm wearing glasses so by the end of the day I have mascara smudges underneath my eyes. Other than it's OK.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

My favorite mascara. I have repurchased this mascara after trying out a couple of others (that were mostly duds), this is the best dramatic mascara I have ever used. I like how black the formula is and that the waterproof formula actually manages to hold a curl for my asian lashes (a must for any mascara I purchase). This mascara is also builds fabulously at the roots of your lashes to give them that dramatic voluminous look. My only complaints would be that the brush can get a bit clumpy with product and should be cleaned occasionally to prevent the clumps from transferring to your eyelashes. People who have mentioned that this mascara takes a few uses to thicken up should take note of how much mascara is on the brush upon first use. I find the first couple uses of this mascara are usually a bit more natural as there is less product build up on the brush (which I prefer a bit). Also, another con is that the pigment occasionally smudges a bit on my bottom lash line. Regardless, I know that this mascara will always be one of (if not my only) favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by GoldTeef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, I understand that this is waterproof and everything, but good grief - this stuff is impossible for me to remove. No matter how thoroughly I think I remove my makeup, the next morning I awake to black smeary nastiness around my eyes. Honestly, I bought the waterproof formula accidentally because I'm an idiot and apparently can't read packaging, and I hate waterproof mascara with a fiery passion for this very reason. I like to, you know, be able to actually REMOVE my mascara at some point... eventually... just a little bit... possibly... GOOD GOD GET OFF MY FACE. This is like mutant waterproof mascara from Chernobyl.

All that said, I do like the effect this gives. I'm not sure it's worth all the OMG BEST MASCARA EVAAAAR hype, but it's nice enough. I'll go for the non-waterproof formula next. Clearly, this is beyond my capabilities.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mailytvu

I have really thin, long lashes that grow straight down. I used the waterproof Voluminous Million Lashes and liked it, but it didn't thicken my lashes. It held my curl all throughout the day and made my lashes even longer. I bought the original Voluminous Waterproof thinking it would thicken my lashes, and it did, but it didn't hold my curl as well as the Million Lashes. I'm pretty sure it's because the Million lashes is a drier formula than the original. The packaging seems a little outdated also. It's cheaper than the Million lashes though. It's just an okay product. Still haven't found my drugstore HG mascara :( I'll try Maybelline whenever I'm done with this tube!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I almost love everything about this mascara - holds curl, super black, is waterproof, big ol' brush makes my lashes pop - but it does produce some smudging under my eyes after only a couple of hours. I don't have oily skin and I don't put it on the bottom lashes. It can go on pretty wet so I recommend keeping your eyes closed while applying or using a card to block your eyelids. I don't mind because of the awesome result, but combined with the smudging it's bumming me out. Topping it with Anastasia's Lash Genius fixes the smudging problem, but I shouldn't have to do that. If it didn't smudge it'd be my HG because it does everything I want otherwise. I'm going to keep trying tricks to reduce the smudging and will update if I find a trick to make this perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by missbeautyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Does not budge
- Thickens Lashes
- Very Dark Formula
Cons:
- Can clump
- A bit difficult to take off
Overall:
I really do like this mascara. It does thicken my lashes. The formula is very dark so my lashes become jet-black. It also stays put throughout the day. I put this on in the very early morning hours and when I yawn my eyes water. But this mascara doesn't rub off when I rub my eyes. The only downside to it is in the beginning the formula is very thick so if you don't scrap the excess mascara off it will clump. But once it dries up a little bit it is fine. Also for me it can be a little bit of a challenge to take it off at night. But it's nothing to difficult. If you're looking for a good waterproof mascara this it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a waterproof mascara gal, and usually I go for the rubber bristles because my eyelashes are pretty long and clump very easily. I've never had success with big plush brushes like the L'Oreal Voluminous brushes, but recently saw someone on Youtube scrape off the brush and it all clicked. I absolutely adore this mascara, and it only takes one coat (scraped off back into the tube) to get falsie-looking lashes that are plush. If you're prone to clumping, I highly recommend this one - just remember to scrape off the brush and separate with a clean mascara wand.

You cannot beat the black of this mascara, and it's only $5 a tube!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by smitty07

Sadly, this mascara rubs off during the course of the day and leaves me with raccoon eyes. My sample from Sephora (a formula that is not even waterproof) stays on better. I can't recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall, its very similar to the non water proof and it really is waterproof. I used this all summer and wore it when swimming during pool parties. It comes off easily with the L'oreal wp eye makeup remover.

I just dont like how after one month it gets dry and clumpy. I dont pump the wand either. Its really only good for about a month and then its time to get a new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by CiaraAinsley

Pros
-Nicely pigmented.
-Voluminizing.
-Lengthening.
-Does not flake or smudge.
-Cheap.
-Waterproof.

Cons
-The texture is a bit dry and stiff.
-The brush is just okay. IMO it picks up too much product- try wiping the brush off before using.
-Sometimes adds little crumbly chunks of product on lashes, but these can be removed with a few extra strokes of the brush.
-I know it's supposed to be waterproof, but I would prefer it to be a bit easier to remove. It's very difficult for even the most high end brands to achieve this balance, though.

Bottom line- I actually have really great eyelashes- long and voluminous. However, I'm a natural blonde, so they're also invisible. I honestly don't need much from a mascara other than the pigmentation. I thought this was a good balance between a natural and a dramatic effect, and it lasts and lasts. Basically, it did what it said it would do, and it looks great!