MAC Frost - Angel

on 12/21/2013 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My fav MAC lipstick. Pale pinks are tricky with my fair skin (I have very dark brown hair, fair skin and green eyes). Most pale colors are either to nude or to chalky but Angel is the loveliest pale pink. It is a frost, which worried me, but the shimmer is very minimal. The best lipstick I have purchased in awhile-I reach for it everyday. Looks great with minimal makeup or with a more dramatic eye.

If you're looking for a great dupe-try Maybelline's; Born with it. Slight bit pinker and only $5. It looks like a higher end lipstick.

on 12/20/2013 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I find that Angel on me is a mid-tone pink. This is not a nude shade, so I am not sure about the Kim K references. That shade just kinda blends into my lips. I hope to try Creme Cup next. I will not purchase.

on 12/13/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this lipstick because a girl at work gave me it for my birthday. Then, the first thing she said to me was "you'll love it, its Kim K's favorite lipstick", I should have traded it then, but I have to wear it every once in a while at work..you know how it is. It's a pretty enough color of pink, but I don't like the sheerness, staying power, or shiny finish it gives. I've had this lipstick for over a year. I might just scrape it off and use it for my last Back2MAC product. I wouldn't repurchase.

Looked great when swatched on hand, but I highly recommend getting it on your lips before purchase (MAC Assistants are usually helpful and have hygienic ways of doing so)
Sure wish I asked.
It's not a bad color overall and consistency did not bother me. But it left me feeling cheated, somewhat.

on 11/23/2013 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i am an nc35 skin tone, and i find this very frosty on me. the colour pay off is better than other frosts, so i liked it at first. it is a pale, baby pink with a silvery shimmer. on the blue-pink side.
i find that it looks better when it is over a lipliner (a baby pink one) to help the colour come through.
it is drying on the lips as frosts are. it comes in the normal black mac bullet, smells like vanilla.
$15 USD and $36 AUD and i live in australia which is why i gave it a 4/5 for price.
i gave it a 3/5 based on the colour pay off - gives off a white/silvery sheen to my lips and makes me look unhealthy. It is also drying and only gives at least 2 hours of wear before it starts to fade, sometimes even 1 hour if i don't wear lipliner. The colour is pretty on some people i am sure, but the formula isn't the best out there for frost finishes.

I prefer creme cup on my skin - less frosty, not as drying on the lips. still a blue-based baby pink, more pigmented and lasts longer on the lips.

on 11/23/2013 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't understand how this looks so good on Kim K and so horrible on me. it gave a ghastly white tint to my lips, made my lips look a weird purple white tone, just looked overall really bad on my medium tan asian skintone.

on 11/22/2013 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Angel was one of my first MAC lipsticks and I do really like it. It is a beautiful light, neutral pink that suits many different skin tones. I feel like I should mention that although it is a "Frost" it is not frosty at all. The finish that it is catagorized swayed me away from the lipstick for a looong time but it is not shimmery like other MAC frosts. It has a slight sheen but nothing too bad. It is talked about a lot, which is why I became interested in it myself. I would recommend this lipstick to anybody looking for an every day color, just a pretty, natural looking pink. :)

on 10/19/2013 12:13:00 AM

I HATE THIS LIPSTICK! I asked my friend to buy this for me since she's already in a MAC counter. I've seen photos of this and this is really raved because of Kim K's luscious lips as reference. I was so excited! Being an NC30 Asian skin, black hair... This doesn't suit me AT ALL. It looks like I only applied a lip balm with glitters on my lips. No color at all. I tried applying layers and it doesn't help. It looked like I ate something greasy to the point it's already kinda whitish. Bottom line is I tried giving this away to my friends but no one wants to take it because it's so ugly. Worst dollar I spent.

on 10/4/2013 8:19:00 PM

This was my first mac lippy and i love it! It's such a lovely colour it can be used any time. It suits my pale white skin well. I never used to wear lipstick before so I bought it on a whim but I've since purchased another mac lippy and I will sure be adding more to my collection. They really are of lovely quality

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This was my HG lipstick until I discovered YSL's Blond Ingenu. It looks beautiful against my pale skin, and it doesn't dry out my lips. The pink is a beautiful almost-nude on me. I wear Angel fairly often with Rimmel's East End Snob lipliner.The only con I can think of is that you have to reapply once a day or so, but it layers beautifully and the packaging is so sleek and elegant. 8/10!

Popular Lipsticks