Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 12/12/2014 3:48:00 PM

I use this only on bad skin days, as it is super high coverage. But I give it 5 lippies because it delivers high coverage very well! This is one of the few things I apply with my fingers. I know the shade range sucks for most people, but the two lightest shades are perfect for me when I'm varying degrees of pale. I don't have dry spots (I am obsessed with moisturizing) and I don't really get oily but man do I break out sometimes, despite RX meds and creams and gels. When I do, I can still feel confident in this, and even get compliments on my skin!! I'll always have two tubes of this in my makeup bag.

on 12/7/2014 12:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm really enjoying this foundation. It is definitely NOT for anyone who has dry skin because it will cling to dry patches. It's medium to full coverage and it's definitely good to use very little at a time because if you put too much on at a time it can look very cakey (I learned this the first time I used it). I don't need to use any powder on my T-zone when I'm using this foundation. There's not the greatest color range to choose from which is also a con, but I've found that this seems to be the norm for Rimmel. The packaging is ok, but it's hard to control how much you're squeezing out when you're starting to run low. I'm not sure what kind of packaging would work better for this type of formula though (maybe a tub container like the Revlon whipped mousse foundation).

on 12/4/2014 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just went out and bought four more bottles 😄❤️ Yikes! 10 out of 10

on 11/27/2014 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I want to like it, I really do. Having said that, I'm afraid I am not a fan of this foundation.

For starters, I bought this thinking it was just a repackaging of the "Stay Matte + Skinpure Complex." I loved that product! It was stupid of me not to pay more attention. I saw "Stay Matte" and immediately grabbed it up. For starters, this is (clearly, to anyone who actually looks at things before purchasing) mousse, not liquid. In fairness it's in a tube, and doesn't have a pump. That is odd to me for the density of this foundation, but that's just me.

I used it for the first time and as soon as it came out of the tube I knew this was a losing fight for me. I used it after moisturizing, and it was a nasty, cake-y mess that amplified every dry spot on my face. It almost felt like a mask. I immediately removed it because I was so unhappy.

The next time I tried it I decided to mix it with a little bit of moisturizer to loosen it up, and thin it out a bit. It definitely applied easier that way, but I was still unhappy with the feel & appearance of it after I set it. Unfortunately, for me, this product will be handed down to my niece.

on 11/27/2014 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation although there are some cons.
For me this foundation covered everything which I absolutely loved because I have dark spots & a few blemishes. A tube of this foundation last a long time because it's got such a high coverage so you don't need much.
But what I found from using this foundation & then going to school is that it gets very oily very fast & that's unusual for my skin because my skin is so dry. It also begins to turn a bit pinkish after a couple hours which is very strange.

I am a big fan of Rimmel's foundations so I bought this just out of curiosity. I am very pale and bought the shade Light Porcelain which is a touch too light for my skin. This foundation is very high coverage, thick and tricky to blend. I found the best way to blend is to use the Real Technique Miracle sponge. I do have combination skin, so if I don't moisturiser it will cling to dry patches.

Pros:
*Fantastic coverage, I would definitely say it would be great for people with acne scars or redness.
*Great value for money.
*The shade 'light porcelain' is a good pale shade, no orange at all.
*Lasts a very long time which is great for long, working days.

Cons:
*Clings to dry patches, even if you moisturise very thoroughly.
*Very awkward to blend, requires extra effort otherwise it looks cakey.
*Depending on your preference, this foundation is very thick and feels like a thick mask on your skin, however some people may like this.

Overall, I give this 3 stars because it is a decent, high coverage foundation however it has a few cons. I probably wouldn't re purchase as it is very difficult to blend and quite cakey. I would recommend testing a sample first.

on 11/25/2014 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really liking this foundation. But you can't have any dry spots, it will cling like crazy. Coverage can be heavy, so I use a sponge. Really looks natural and stays more matte than any other foundation I've tried so far.

on 11/21/2014 8:41:00 PM

This is a great foundation! The coverage is probably high-medium, and gives me a soft glow that I've rarely gotten from other foundations. The only way I can describe it is it gives me a look reminiscent of the "soft glow" or sepia tone effects in Photoshop....so no complaints there! It is pretty thick and pigmented--as some reviewers have already mentioned, a little goes a long way. I squeeze out a tiny dot, and even then, there's still excess at times. It reminds me of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, but it might even be a bit thicker, and the packaging is more sanitary.

One thing about this, though, is that it does make dry patches super noticeable, so make sure you moisturize very well before putting it on. I also do hope they expand the shade selection too. I'm a light-medium yellow tone, and the shade I use is already the second to darkest shade, which is crazy. People with darker skin tone need to see how great this foundation is too!

Can i say WOWZA! The color pigmentation is great, coverage? Excellent! Others have menttioned its quality is equivalent to high end Becca foundation for the fraction of the cost. The coverage is wonderful and lightweigh indeed. A squeeze tube is also always my personal preference when it comes to purchasing foundation to be able to use up every last drop and squeeze of foundation.

on 11/18/2014 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Background on my skin: NC10, VERY oily, acne/rosacea prone. Not to mention - ugly.

This is my HG (holy grail) foundation. In fact this is the only absolute HG foundation I have ever had as none have ever amazed me with my problematic skin. I found this foundation after it was released here in March 2013. I can NOT believe I've been using the same foundation for over a year without "finding a better replacement". If you take a look through my profile's pictures you'll see I have had hundreds of different foundations, from high end to low end. I was loving Hourglass' Immaculate Liquid Powder foundation for a while, although it had it's flaws. However Rimmel's Stay Matte liquid mousse foundation blew it out of the water, for about $50 less.

The two main pros of this product - oil absorbing qualities and coverage. I am extremely oily. It doesn't help that I currently live in a hot humid hell also known as Texas. Even in the winter, I find myself blotting with powder after two hours. After finding Stay Matte liquid mousse however, I can go the entire day without touching up. That is amazing to me, and for that reason alone I will not stray. It doesn't get better than this.

As for coverage, I use a pea sized amount. Stay Matte will cover ANYTHING. It is very thick in consistency (hence why it's called a liquid mousse rather than just a liquid foundation). Just as food for thought - a pea sized amount of Stay Matte would be equivalent to the giant globs of Revlon Colorstay I used to apply. A tiny bit of this goes a LONG way.

The only cons this line has is shade selection. For what it's worth I use the shade Light Ivory. Not because it is my shade, but because the undertone is closest matching to my neutral leaning yellow skin. It's too a bit too warm/peachy though, and dark. I mix it with sunscreen to lighten it. I use a yellowish setting powder, and boom - this shade matches my NC10 skin. I did buy Light Porcelain for a bit, and that *was* pale enough for me. However it is cool toned, & correcting that with a yellow food coloring was too much work for someone as lazy as me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials