August 29, 2014 | 1241 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by peachtea17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel like this product depends a lot of personal preference, but it worked for me. I've always stayed away from matte foundations because I was afraid it would emphasize dry patches and be difficult to blend. Thankfully, this is not the case with this product. It's rather thick when you squeeze it from the tube, more like a paste than a liquid. It doesn't feel heavy, though. I prefer to apply it with my fingers and blend it out with a flat-top brush. It gives me a wonderfully airbrushed finish. I did purchase the lightest shade, and it does oxidize. This is fine for someone like myself who is already somewhat pale, but it may look too grey if you have a tanned or olive complexion. If you like a thinner, more runny foundation or a very natural finish, this may not be a good fit. However, if you're looking for excellent coverage and a velvety finish, this is wonderful. It's my go-to now for formal looks!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Zenith299796

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Too thick, oxidizes quickly, gives a very cakey look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Phoenixz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product the other day. All I have to say... Amazing. I got the lightest tone, and it isn't overly heavy coverage, but really good coverage! It's everything the title says. It stays on and it's matte the whole time you wear it. Amazing definitely buy again, not bad for the price. Only got it for about 12 dollars. Recommended for anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by xojlg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really have mixed feelings on this product. I was drawn to it because it's a matte foundation, so I was hoping it would help to control my oily areas throughout the day. It's a good foundation if you're just running out for a few hours to do errands or something. But if you're going clubbing or need it to last all day, it's not a good option. I find it starts to slip right off my face within a few hours. You also have to be careful not to apply too much as it can appear cakey pretty easily (I get this problem around my chin area especially). I tried it with a finishing powder as well to see if it would help but it only seemed to make it cake up more. I know 100% I will not be repurchasing this product. Unfortunately I've had this for months and still have a lot left. It's not one I find myself reaching for a lot of the time. It just feels heavy on the skin and kind of gross after just a few hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rimmel products always intrests me, i love the packaging its cute. I love their lipstick, so why not try other products from them? I was so excited to get it, as soon as i got outside i squirted some on my hand to see the color outside and sorta smooth it on my hand to see how it would be. When i did that, my excitement bursted. I wasn't happy, it looked a bit grey and just didn't feel all that good. But i figured since it was on my hand it would be different. The next morning i got up and thought i'd try it out, it covered the redness i have around my nose and on my nose pretty well but no matter how little i used of it, it still caked up. it was a bit grey like and made me look pale and frosty. So dissapointed!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NOPE. Nope nope nope. This was a horrible foundation. I used a different mousse foundation for years, so i know how it applies and how the coverage typically is, but this mousse foundation is just terrible. I have never used a foundation that is this streaky before. I must have spent 10 minutes just trying to smooth it out and it still looked awful. But the "best" part of this foundation you ask? How greasy it makes you look when its supposed to make you look matte. After that 10 minutes and finally realizing it wasn't going to get any better, i actually looked in the mirror and it looked like i had just gone for a 2 hour jog. I immediately took it all off, threw it in the garbage and went back to my MAC studio fix which i should just never stray from again. The price is great, you can't beat it, and the packaging is cute, but the product is absolute crap. Will never purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This foundation is a definite fail for me. So disappointed in it. First, as many have pointed out, the shade selection is very poor. I bought the lightest shade, becuase the others looked too orangey. It still ends up looking orange on my skin within a few hours. It gave me slight oil control, but not much. It feels greasy on my skin. And worst of all, it sits in every pore I have. I looked in the mirror in my car today, and I as horrified. My face has little white dots all over, where it is sitting in my pores. I was embarrased. I went home on my lunch so I could wash my face and apply something else.

I have tried several different application methods (fingers, sponge, a few different brushes) but all have left me looking a little too fake and caked.

It is in the trash now. If it works for you, I am glad, but I really hate it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by whimsicalcreature

I literally have no idea what to make of this.
It really does stay matte even on my oily skin, but its super cake-y.
I'm using Real techniques foundation blush, or sometimes my fingers.
I'm wondering if I'm applying too much or if I should be applying it with a sponge or something?

I can't even tell if it's breaking me out, or if it's my ADHD medication (which has made my acne worse, but not as bad as I've seen some peoples...)
Which on a side note makes me feel like a bitch for having somewhat bad skin (IMO) and freaking out about it all the time, but other people have it way worse so I should just not worry so much I guess.

This review kind of sucks, I guess I'm mostly looking for other peoples opinions.

I'll edit this once I use it more often.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by AlexandriaLouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Check mine out on youtube, I think videos convey easier.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by saramitch86

I would buy again, just as somethig to wear as a substitute. I normally use Sphora's foundation, but I got some of this from my sister. I tried it, and it is a little ";cakey". I wasn't too impressed, but when I run out of the expensive stuff, it does okay. I keep some on hand in case I need it.