October 25, 2014 | 1523 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow my mistake to trying this! although I have very dry skin, in the summer I get very oily which is weird but hey skin changes a lot. anywho this was absolutly awful- and I'm not exaggerating this was way to cakey and thick and accuanted my pores and under the skin zits or any type of bump in my skin. you get a good amount of product for the price but its not worth it...the shade range was also very limited and the lightest shade was to pink. regret buying would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Sailormoon21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Price: super cheap! Around 7$ Shade: "402 Bronze" >> this is the darkest shade! Which is a lil dark to me! But still looking natural! How I apply it? The really nice application for this foundation is to dap it with the beauty blender or a sponge!!!! Looks sooooo natural on the skin that way!! But I mix it with my rimmel London bb cream "the matte one" And I loved it!!! Coverage: medium to full but you can't build it! It has no SPF :( And I love to use it in my night time makeup! It's perfect!!!! Gets super oily on me after 6 hours

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Jevans714

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

FIRST IMPRESSION:I will never buy revlon colorstay after using this... It is cheap $5 & works just as good as colorstay if not better. Def my new HG foundation hope it doesn't get discontinued!!

UPDATE: i have been wearing this for the past 2-3 weeks & i habe never seen my nose so oily after just 2-3 hours of wearing it and also a few breakouts around my nose and jawline...it is worth to spend a few extra bucks on a foundation that will not do this...i just went out today and bought my HG foundation Revlon colorstay i will not waste my time on cheap alternatives again! i am going to try this as an under eye concealee but if that doesn't work then it is going in the trrash.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Hatersfollowmeliketwitter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this product! I've bought it three times and I actually just purchased the primer from the same stay matte brand.

I found a really nice colour for my skin tone ( ivory.) This is the only foundation I've used that actually doesn't make my skin look orange and it's really light. The con of this side is that I don't think there are many colours to choose from. I think I saw maybe six different shades. I got lucky finding one so good.

Every other time I've bought foundation it's been in a glass bottle so the packaging was much better in this tube. It lasted a fairly long time, about three weeks, which was nice. This product isn't exactly cheap, not quality wise but money, though I wouldn't say it's expensive. If it was any more I may have hesitated buying it the first time. Now that I've used it, I know that I personally love and recommend this product.

This foundation seemed to blend pretty well around my jawline and hairline without making it look like I'm wearing a mask. I would say that it does look a little cakey if i don't blend it out which is a con. It takes awhile to make sure that it looks good with blending but the overall look is great.

The texture of this product is really nice! It's not all liquidy compared to say the cover girl ready set gorgeous foundation which is a kind I used when the rimmel London stay matte liquid mousse foundation was not in stock.

As I said before, this product is not available most of the time I go to the store which is a pro and con both. It's sold out a lot which is annoying but that does mean that it must be a popular drugstore product that people like.

I can't really find a pro to go with this con so here's the deal breaker for some of you. Keep in mind I hadn't been wearing face primer which helps it last longer but this foundation does NOT last all day. It may be just my skin type ( which is super oily) or maybe it's that I sweat as though I'm running a marathon. I set this foundation with a powder and all that jazz but sadly no matter what I do it seems to just melt off as the day goes on. I don't even live in a place where it's hot all year round. In fact it's only hot for like two months so even in the cold winter months it doesn't last.

The last thing I'm going to mention is that my skin is shiny, I'm sure you figured that when I said it was oily, so when I use this product I really feel that it makes it look non shiny. When I sweat like in gym class it goes back to it's normal state. If I'm just going into town or the movies then it keeps my skin the way I like it but also really flawless. I don't have bad acne, I get a pimple here and there especially around my nose (which is where I sweat) so this may be different for anyone else trying this product but I don't think I get any more pimples if I wear this or not. My best friend has horrible acne and she uses this stuff too without noticing a change if she wears this foundation or not.

All in all I recommend this foundation. It works well considering it's no expensive Mac product and just drugstore makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by MissDiior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive dry skin, and I took a big chance in trying this product. I am very pleased with the consistency of the foundation, it goes on smooth, isn't tacky or drying at all nor does my face feel greasy or oily. It gives great coverage as well. Overall, I am very pleased with the product and plan to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by hereislouise

I have acne-prone skin with acne scars, and I love this foundation because, if applied correctly, it has high coverage and doesn't look cakey at all, and does a pretty good job with the acne scars.
However, if you're gonna apply it in a hurry, it's going to look kind of weird, and it won't resist as much on your face
It has really light shades, which is pretty cool, regarding the fact that I am quite pale. :D

Overall a great foundation, I finished the first bottle and already bought another one. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Not a bad foundation but not very good either. I think it would be ok for normal to combination skin types but not for dry or oily. This was pretty matte but also looked very fake. It did not control oil and looked a hot mess a few hours later on my oily skin.
If you do not get oily I think it would look nice if you are looking for a matte cheap foundation option this would work.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by McMillanB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only drugstore foundation that actually matches my pale skin and it doesn't oxidize. However it doesn't apply well and has a very cakey look. I have dry skin so I can't say what it does for oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by jazzano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My new HG foundation!
Stays on all day and stays matte and smooth. Medium to full coverage that doesn't look cakey. I work with children and they're always the first to comment if my makeup is obvious or looks funny and I get no comments or questions about my acne when I wear this foundation.
Super inexpensive for the quality and matches my pale but yellowy skin so well!
Love love love!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ok let me start off by saying that I have oily skin which is why I tried this foundation. I do not find that it really controls oil but that is not the reason that I do not like it. The color i chose is a perfect match for my skin and it does look good on but I can not rate it any higher than 2 lippies because it is so thick it is very difficult to apply. The price is good but because it does not spread well i end up using to much and i have not found a way to make this work well for me.