Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

This foundation is absolutely terrible. It is not 'lightweight' in the slightest and is actually a thick mess. It does not blend at all when you put it on the skin no matter what you try to use... brush or sponge, forget it. It looks okay from far away, but if I were talking to someone face to face it just looks like a cakey mess. Even if you were to use the smallest bit of this foundation, it is still very cakey. This foundation also broke me out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love a matte face, so I thought I would give this a try a while back. It is so thick, almost like really old dried out toothpaste, which is really uncomfortable to put on my face. It looks like theatre makeup, which looks good from a distance, a long distance, but up close it looks like paint. It stays on, but only because it's so thick. The only thing I like about this is that the tube makes it easy to dispense without being messy.

I've tried some bad products, but this is by far the WORST. I really wanted a lightweight foundation that wasn't too expensive, and I saw this at Ulta for around $6. I got it in 010 Light Porcelain. Well, the color isn't even a shade of nude or anything, it is exactly a light baby pink. PINK. I tried it anyways. Squeezed some out onto the back of my hand and used a Beauty Blender to apply. This does not move! It's literally the consistency of a marshmallow. Could not even try to blend it with my Beauty Blender! So I tried with my fingers, it does not blend just sits on your face.If I thought that was bad, it does not come off. I tried to wash it off my hands and face with with my favorite makeup remover and it took 20 minutes and still was on my skin! Worst. Product. EVER. I've tried dollar store foundation and that's better than this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It was super runny and did not blend AT ALL. It slid on my face all day and made my skin look shiny and more oily. I tried it twice and then threw it away.
Severely dissapointed.

I like this foundation, hands down. I wore it for prom and graduation and it didn't budge at all. A little bit of this goes a long way, I find. I'm not quite sure how to describe it but there's something I really like about it. I've recommended it to friends and they have said that they had a problem trying to determine their shade, so that's certainly something to keep in mind. I wouldn't suggest it for warmer undertones or tanned skin as it is pretty cool. It is very lightweight once blended onto the skin. Don't let the thick, moussey texture scare you. It lasted all night at prom for me, through sweat, hot lights and flash photography. My skin didn't have a reaction to it. It has a scent, yes, but it's not strong enough that you would smell it off of your face. It does have a matte finish and it is a natural looking matte finish. If you're going to use concealer, I would apply it BEFORE you apply the foundation. That's personal preference but I found that it works better that way, especially since it does have very good coverage. With my skin, I don't find that I need a primer, so that's a plus if you have good skin that isn't very problematic. Over all, I like the product.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I need MATTE'ness in my life, seriously, even at my age, my skin begs me for it. So I had read some awesome'ly good things about this foundation, which was compared to Kat Von D's Tattoo foundation. My pocketbook looked at me and said - 'Yep, cheaper is the way to go if you want to eat this week.' So my appetite won out.

Seriously, it was a bit heavy to handle so I used a sponge for application, but found the look to appear like I was wearing a mask. It did hold back the slick shine for the day, so I was impressed with that. And it lasted for much longer than I ever expected, which were all plusses in my book. But in the humidity of the summer, I didn't like the mask feel.

I would certainly repurchase if I truly wanted a deeply mask-like matte look. But I wouldn't use for an everyday kind of look.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Its like spackle. Yucky. Coverage too heavy. Bye bye in trash.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like it because it covers well and makes my face feel great but the cover selection is shit. It's like Rimmel never heard of women of color bc the darkest shade is too light. Rimmel needs to expand their color section

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Went on like waterproof spackle, and stayed on through two face washings. Not my favorite, but if you are looking for heavy coverage and staying power, this could be perfect for you.

I have tried every drugstore foundation out there, and this is by far my favorite. I have incredibly oily skin, mostly in the t-zone and the tops of my cheeks. I have very large pores and some redness/discoloration. I have an occasional pimple, but nothing too bad or bothersome to cover up. Most of the spots I do have are relatively flat which is convenient!
This is a very thick mousse foundation and it is not for someone looking for anything but full coverage in my opinion. I find that it covers everything and leaves my face matte for about 6 hours. I realize to some people 6 hours may not seem like a lot, but for me that is truly amazing. I do set it with NYC's translucent face powder and use other powder products on top of it such as blush, highlight and contour.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review | Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation ? by SerafinBeauty

Drugstore acne coverage foundation | Review of Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation by Natasha Ohara

NEW Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation - First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin