Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder - Translucent

3.9

Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Butylparaben. /- May contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Carmine (Cl 75470).

This product is just "okay". It does seem to cast a white veil over my skin, in a bad way. I'm NC40. It is finely milled and seems to come off on my brush really easily that I feel like I'm wasting it. I can't use the puff or it really casts whiteness over me. It was nice to try and I'll probably use mine all up, but I won't be repurchasing this.

I've tried this product because I wanted an alternate for my MAC blot. This product is a good setting powder. My foundation and concealer stayed on my face for hours. But the thing about this, it is not a good oil blotter. I find myself constantly reapplying this powder every 2 hrs. People with dry skin might like this one.

on 1/16/2009 3:39:00 AM

I bought his powder when I ran out of my Makeup Forever loose powder while vacationing in Las Vegas. Sephora didn't have my shade. So I was recommended this LM one. Now, I took a look at it, and it was WHITE. I looked at him like he was out of his mind. I am clearly a medium olive skin tone. Very visibly golden brown. He said that he sells it to all skin tones. Even African American. So I thought okay.......... So I bought it. Anyways, it made my face look white under certain lights. Note the name is "Translucent" not transparent. At least they didn't lie. (Sort of.) But by the time I saw how powdery white I looked in a different light, I was back home in Vancouver going "grrrrrr....." DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS MADE FOR ALL SKIN TONES. IT'S NOT. Shame on LM for toting it as such! Will not repurchase, obviously. :(

on 12/29/2008 2:55:00 PM

Once again, you have to use LM technique for this product. You use LM powder puff and "press" it into the skin. I will give this product credit as it does create a "smooth" appearance, but it made my skin appear "white". I am very fair and need something with color and a little more oommphh for my skin tone.

on 12/20/2008 2:32:00 PM

I am on either my second or third compact of this. It's a fantastic pressed powder - sets makeup perfectly, lends a slight bit of extra coverage, never looks cakey or obvious. It can lend a pale cast to skin but I'm already pale. And that fades after a couple minutes (for me) once it melds with your skin.
The only negative here is the price. But I've tried numerous drugstore brands and nothing quite compares to this (CG TruBlend pressed powder came closest but just wasn't the same). All in all, great product, and I will continue to repurchase.

on 11/12/2008 10:49:00 AM

I agree with other reviews that this powder is very finely milled and does not cake neither settles into lines, but I find that it makes my foundation look slightly lighter and my completion a little bit paler. I am pleased with its longlasting setting power though. I wish it came also in a darker translucent colour.

on 10/27/2008 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is a very finely milled powder which means that it will look natural on the skin. The only downside is that because it is such a finely milled powder, it tends to rub off a little more, especially when you're trying to apply with the sponge or brush.

Overall however, this is a pretty good pressed powder. The price is a little expensive, but its good quality. And, this lasts forever! I use this powder everyday to set my makeup, going on 1 year and its still going! :]

on 9/27/2008 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A beautiful setting powder, really is translucent which I love as I don't want to mix another colour into a foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere) which is already a perfect match. This powder just feels so nice on. Doesn't cake or settle into fine lines. Not too glittery. All in all I am impressed and will consider purchasing LM tinted moisturiser next.

on 9/15/2008 3:37:00 PM

This is my favourite powder and another product I can't imagine doing without! I use the translucent shade over LM tinted moisturiser. The sponge applicator feels a bit strange at first, but once you've used it a few times it starts to work really well, I find - if you apply it by blotting it on with the sponge all over, then brush off the excess with a big soft powder brush it looks really natural. It doesn't settle into fine lines or clog pores. Its barely perceptible on the skin but makes you look polished. Used with the TM it lasts all day on my skin without a touch-up. Before I discovered this I thought Bobbi Brown pressed powder in pale yellow was the best powder ever, and that would be my second choice if Laura Mercier ever disappeared from Space NK! It sets me back around 25 in the UK. I have bought this at least 10 times, and my only gripe is that the quantity is quite small if you are using it every day.

i hate the packaging. very cheap! i did not spend $30 for this kind of packaging.

but the powder itself is amazing. i couldnt ask for more. it looks like the powder melts into your face and becomes your skin. never a powdery look on me. shade is perfect for me. i am 30 cendre in chanel and NC25-30 in mac.