December 18, 2014 | 1716 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by KellynElise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This polish, though a really pretty classic color, is such a pain to work with. It takes quite a few coats to get it opaque, which I wouldn't mind if the formula wasn't so bad. It gets kind of streaky, and it can be thick too. I wouldn't mind this too much if the product was cheaper, but Essie polishes go for $8, and I think for that price the formula ought to be better. I'll continue to use it while I still have it, but when I run out I won't be repurchasing Fiji.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Klynnwarren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Makes me feel like Barbie! This colour goes on great when you have patience and take your time. Use Quo by Orly's Strong Bond base coat. It's sticky so the polish isn't as streaky!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by Brider88

This was my first ever Essie polish. I usually buy OPI but I wanted a colour that was almost white and I when I saw this I had to have it!
This has become my absoulte favourite polish (and I have a lot). The colour is beautiful, it goes with everything and I think it would flatter any skintone. When I was in the shop about to buy this I did a quick check of the reviews on MUA and almost didn't get it because of all the bad comments about the formula. I think maybe there are 2 versions of this? I was expecting to have to do a few coats of this because it's pale. I was surprised that I only needed 2 coats and I had no issues at all with the formula. I found the 1st coat streaky but the 2nd evened everything out. Overall, a great polish and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by famouscigarillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I saw a lot of people online wearing this colour and was excited to try it for myself. I was pretty disappointed. First of all, it was very streaky and hard to apply. Secondly, the colour did not suit my skin tone at all. It just looked extremely unnatural on my nails!
I'm so sad!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by SassyShari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I rated this Essie color a four because it is my all-time favorite nail polish color. I absolutely love this essential color. It goes with everything and looks beautiful as a manicure and pedicure! BUT, I can not use this nail polish at home! I've tried everything from using various Base Coats, to taking slower and fewer strokes but nothing works. It either goes on too streaky or too thick.It does not apply well. It never comes out at home the way it does at the salon. I absolutely love this color but highly recommend saving the $8 to have the perfect Fiji manicure at the salon! Def recommend this color at the salon!! My all time favorite!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by mswoyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love love love the color, but it took 4 thick coats to get it completely opaque. But I really love the way the color looks on my skin tone!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Lily580

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is very streaky but after 3 coats it looked ok and if I were a pro at applying nail polish it would have looked even better. I am really pale so not many colors look good on me but this one suits me wonderfully! Such a pretty color. Also, I really like the Essie brushes.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the only Essie polish I own, and it is incredibley horrible! Streaky as another reviewer said, it chips fairly easy, and the color on your actual nail is so much paler than what it appears to be in the bottle. I will NEVER waste my money on another Essie polish. The price point is ridiculous; save yourself some time and find a similar color in OPI.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by dawndru

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Impossible to paint without streaks. I do my nails often and with all sorts of brands and colors and this was literally the only time I was unable to do my nails. I simply could not paint a nail without making it a streaky mess. I ended up throwing the bottle out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by tinkerbell1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Junk!.. this has to be the worst formula ever which is really sad since the color is such a pretty shade of pink. I think I need to get 3 coats for it to look reasonable and even then it looks streaky.