September 30, 2014 | 1018 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by k1zuna

EXTREMELY flattering on my lips.
For reference, I am: Asian, NC30, with pigmented rosy-colored lips.

Will repurchase this product for years to come!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by majorbummmer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i reeeally wanted to like this lipstick. sadly, i didn't. first of all, the color was just not for me at all!!! i bought it thinking it would be a nice neutral pinky-mauve color. instead, i got this muted, gray-ish pink, that looked really muddy and just generally gross on me. like another reviewer below, it might be because of my skintone, which is very yellow. second of all, the smell wasn't all too pleasant... this wasn't too much of a problem for me personally, because i've dealt with worse smelling lipsticks before (cough milani cough), but some others might not like it. third of all, the packaging. it feels reeeeally flimsy, like if i carry it in my makeup bag, the cap would pop off and lipstick would get everywhere. plus, a chunk of the actual lipstick bullet randomly started melting! i had to put it in my fridge to save it... also the taste was really gross. a little got in my mouth... bleugh. i'm glad i only got this for $1.99 from cherryculture. i did like the texture of the lipstick though, it slid on easily and felt creamy.
so overall, this lipstick was a miss for me personally. however, i do love the other two NYX lipsticks i got (a black label one and a matte one) so i will try out more from those lines!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is alright. It comes out to a neutral pink mauvey color on my lips. I absolutely hate the smell and taste of this lipstick. It reminds me of soap! Packaging on my lipstick was pretty crappy. The colored end of the lipstick popped off. To apply this lipstick, I just dabbed onto my lips. This color reminds me of rimmel's moisture renew in 'vintage pink', except 'thalia' Is more of a pinky mauve whereas 'vintage pink' is a true purple mauve. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm about NC 20 and this color is gorgeous on me, a perfect neutral mauve. It has a great feel and finish -- they are very pigmented, really creamy, smooth and have a slight glossy sheen. But UGH, the taste! It smells like a floral perfume and tastes like one too. Even the slightest contact makes me feel like I'm eating soap. I have never been sensitive to the smells or tastes of any of the zillions of lipglosses or lipsticks I've tried but this one is something I can't stand. Such a shame because I really think the lipsticks are great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by pecurina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The color is very flattering to my complexion. Love this color! The lipstick is very moist and easy to apply. However, it doesn't stay on me very long.
Good value though.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by bug44

I DECIDED TO BUY A HAUL OF NYX ROUND LIPSTICK AFTER SEEING SO MANY GREAT REVIEWS ON LINE.

HOWEVER, AFTER AN AGE AND A DAY OF CHOOSING MY SHADES CAREFULLY, AND LOOKING AT VARIOUS SWATCHES ONLINE, I DECIDED ON ABOUT 7 COLOURS, THINKING THEY WOULD BE GORGEOUS.

ONE OF THE COLOURS WAS THALIA, WHICH LOOKED BEAUTIFUL ON VARIOUS ON LINE REVIEWERS, BUT ON ME, LOOKED GROSS.

I DID NOTICE THAT MOST OF THE COLOURS I ORDERED LOOKED VERY SIMILAR WHEN THEY ARRIVED, THAT BEING, HORRIBLE, AND MUCH DARKER THAN I EXPECTED TOO.

FIRSTLY, TAKE NO NOTICE WHATSOEVER OF THE NYX WEBSITE INFORMATION ON THE COLOURS, THEY ARE WAY OFF THE MARK, AND LOOK NOTHING LIKE IT IN THE FLESH SO TO SPEAK. IT MAY HAVE BEEN BETTER IF NYX GAVE SO SORT OF INDICATION OF SUITABLE COLOURS FOR CERTAIN SKIN TONES ETC, BUT HEY, WHAT DO YOU WANT WHEN THERE MAKE UP PRODUCTS IN GENERAL ARE SO CHEAP AND CHEERFUL.

DON'T LET ME PUT YOU OFF ORDERING ANY OF THE LIPPIES, AS THEY ARE GOOD QUALITY, AND FEEL REALLY NICE ON THE LIPS, BUT SADLY, I CAN'T FIND MY IDEAL SHADES, SO I HAVE TO MARK THEM DOWN.

STILL LOOKING FOR MY HOLY GRAIL LIPPIE COLOUR. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HATED this lipstick. It had a gray cast and looked horrible on me, perhaps because my skin is so yellow. I did like the price, smell and creaminess of the lipstick, just the wrong color for my skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by vickywang

The formula is rich and creamy which doesnt dry out my lips. This one doesnt have any smell. The only issue with the one I got is they tend to break easily due to their super soft texture. Other than that, I am very happy with the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by napkinz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a gorgeous, cheap my lips but better shade. i am so glad i bought it. it can look natural or dramatic. it remains very neutral and true to color. as other reviewers have said, no drying whatsoever. in fact, its so creamy that if i don't wear a liner and apply too much product, it bleeds a feathers a little on my lower lip. i have several other colors in these lipsticks and they are by far my favorite

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first NYX lipstick I have tried, and I absolutely love it! That says a lot coming from a girl who almost never wears lipstick because most are too drying and matte. Not the case here!
The good:
Great pigmentation. Very rich color.
This color is a beautiful pink nude that stays true to pink, does not pull brown or orange. One coat for a natural look, more for a deeper look.
Super creamy formula! Feels great on. Creamiest lipstick I have ever tried.
Smooth look.
Last fairly well and doesn't clump or flake off. Just rubs off clean.
Quite moisturizing.
Cute packaging.
Amazing price. $3.99!
No weird flavors (no flavor to it all, really).
Feels weightless on your lips.

The bad:
There really isn't any! I wish it had slightly more of a shiny rather than matte finish but a little gloss on top does the trick. But it is also beautiful on it's own!

I completely prefer this to the UD lipstick - it is way better and a fraction of the price. I am going back to get a ton more colors. Best lipstick ever!