September 23, 2014 | 2031 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite fragrances. I receive compliments when wearing this. Allure smells feminine and sexy. I don't find myself wearing it often to work, but it is one of my fragrances of choice for a night out. Other perfumes I like are Guerlain L'Instant, Chanel Allure Sensuelle, Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb and Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy (summer).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by dragonweengs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG! My mom bought this for me when I was in my late teens because I couldn't get enough of it at the counter, it was my 1st Chanel! It's soft florals and powdery scent feel sensual and warm. It's long lasting but not overpowering. I think it's a classic but youthful at the same time

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by CopyChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first encountered Allured while in highschool in the mid-1990s, a gift from my grandfather. He loved buying perfume for us ladies in the family. He'd first tried with a gift of Coco, which was just too mature for me. Another Chanel also failed, but when he gave me a small (but mightily expensive bottle) of edp Allure as a gift, it was a clear winner. I keep coming back to it, and have purchased the edt and parfum again over the years. Few perfumes last on me; my skin just devours them for some reason. For me, Allure lasts and it works w my chemistry. Wish I knew why, but alas, great mysteries of life. I've tried exotic, pungent and sweet to powdery scents (from the unwearable Daphne, to the bold JPG Classique to the cloying Angel) and this and few else works for me. Some may call it boring, and so be it for those ladies. But it's really just right for a woman who wants to smell great, and wear a fragrance and not have a fragrance wear her. I don't need a scent to "announce" my presence; I can do that all by myself :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by paulamwiggins

My first Chanel purchase!
My husband bought me a Sephora gift card for Valentines Day, and this fragrance was my choice. (This was also my first time shopping there—a great experience, by the way—SA's were wonderfully helpful). I spent quite a bit of time researching Chanel options, and I knew Allure was highly rated by you all. I loved it pretty much immediately. I spent about an hour in the store smelling at least 20 different fragrances and kept coming back to Allure with an MMMMMmmmm. I called in my hubby to help me narrow down the top 4 or 5, and Allure was his favorite without question. (I also really liked Coco but found it a little too intense for every day wear. Lovely, but just a bit too heavy for me right now.)
Allure has a soft floral note that is not TOO flowery or powdery, and the spicy sweetness of the dry-down is marvelous. It isn't too desserty or sugary, just a perfect balance to me. Love it. I find it sophisticated, feminine in a confident way. It really just lives up to its name.
It is pricey, but hey....it's Chanel! That's what I expected going in. And the lasting power is wonderful for me. One spritz to the neck and one to the wrist lasts me all day. The bottle will last me at least a year. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful, timeless scent that is pretty but sophisticated at the same time. Scents I have previously thought of as sophisticated, Cartier's So Pretty or Hermes' Kelly Caleche for example, have felt quite cold or sharp but Allure manages to be warm, enveloping and smooth. It's a very comforting scent, the kind of scent you'd love someone you hugged to be wearing. I can imagine wearing it well in both warm and cooler weather - summers in Cannes, winter in St. Moritz. I love how it opens with a bright, citrusy feel before revealing the softer, creamy vanilla base. The fresh notes at the start include mandarin, bergamot and peach whilst the heart of the fragrance seems more classically floral with notes like jasmine, magnolia and orange blossom. At the base are 3 of my favorite notes: sandalwood, vetiver and vanilla. The composition of the fragrance seems expertly blended. None of the notes overwhelm, they all work in perfect harmony. The longevity is excellent, I have the EDP and it lasts for hours. Also, a little goes a long way - just 1 spray is needed at any time because it is quite strong. I have always loved Allure on other people and have just recently bought it to wear for myself. I think it's because I feel more like a confident, adult woman now than I did for the last few years when I was enjoying light-hearted flings with the likes of Paris Hilton's Can Can and whatever Escada's newest fruity summer scent was. Something about me and Allure just seem to 'click', now. A fragrance should meld not only with the wearer's chemistry but also with their personality. Pink Sugar suited me perfectly when I was a Juicy tracksuit wearing teenager but Allure suits me better now that I'm a more cashmere and Cartier 20-something. "Sexy" is a word that people interpret in a lot of different ways and Allure would not be described as an obvious “come-hither” sexy - its certainly not ‘dirty’-sexy, indolic or animalic. But I would still call it sexy in a very classy way. Allure is a scent that could still be worn to the office or to other more conservative or formal occasions. I can imagine wearing it for both black tie and casual wear because more than anything I think it's very elegant. Apparently Princess Letizia and Princess Stephanie both wear Allure and I think that speaks volumes. I came across a review that said this was the fragrance for the woman that had it all - beauty, brains, social life, career and I agree. It seems very "put together" and polished. I’m not surprised to hear people describe Allure as generic or boring because it isn't trying to be different. I appreciate a perfume that is not overly-thought out or complex and based on some moment in time or a specific theme and is going to be appealable "to the masses". And I always imagine a smart, classically beautiful, sophisticated girl or woman wearing this because that's exactly what Allure is.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by minchia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fresh, clean, sweet (but not too sweet) and very sexy scent. I enjoy wearing a variety of perfumes depending on my mood & occasion, so while I have a few that I favor more than others, I don't have just one signature scent that I wear all the time.

However, this one has the distinction of being the one in my collection that men make the most comments about. It never fails - even just male friends, business associates and a stranger or two in an elevator remark something along the line of - "you smell really good", and I get a lot of hugs. The married ones ask what it is, wanting to buy a bottle for their wife.

I know I choose perfume based on what pleases me, but it doesn't hurt that the guys seem to really like this one too. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

EDIT 12-11-12
I stopped wearing this when I was pregnant and after having my baby. I recently began using it again and for some reason, the high note is too much for me now. I started using the EDP and it has a richer, smoother scent, but doesn't have the high note. I prefer the EDP now.

I've been wearing this (EDT) for over 10 years. I don't know how to describe the notes, except it smells classy and sophisticated and beautiful. It's very long lasting and body heat accentuates the scent in a good way. It hits a high, slightly sharp note, especially with body heat.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Gigit77

Lovely fragrance, very classy. One of my favorite scents to wear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I do love most of the Chanel fragrances, but....this one just has no zap to me. I wanted to try other smells besides #5 & Coco (my favorite) so I sprayed this one on a stick at Nordstorm. Hum...not so bad, so I asked for a sample. The nice lady put two drops into a tiny spray bottle. ;-) Well, that was enough actually, since it did not smell great on me. I didn't notice a baby powder smell, couldn't really smell much of any smell once it was applied. It somehow got lost in my body chemistry. I mean like really lost, there was hardly a noticeable fragrance at all. My husband usually can pick up on scents right away, and he too did not smell anything. So for me, this one is a no purchase. For the price, I expected it to smell great. The bottle is very unattractive to say the least. ;-) I bet this does smell pretty on some ladies, as it did smell good on the paper stick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Oddly enough, this settles on me simply like the scent of baby powder. My friends all took a whiff of me, and commented it smelled like baby powder as well..
It is a nice warm comforting scent, doesn't give me a blaring headache, nor does it make me gag, nor is it too too obvious.

I find it nice, just not exactly what I am looking for, however more wearable for me than some of Chanel's other scents