October 23, 2014 | 906 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Pure BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Eread12

Overall this BB cream is one of my favorites. I have horrible skin (very fair, oily, acne-prone, freckles) and this does a great job of naturally blending all of my imperfections and i don't get greasy throughout the day. However, I took an anatomy class in high school and this BB cream smells just like the cats we used to dissect-- which leads me to believe that there is a connection to formaldehyde in the chemicals in this. Overall, I would not buy again because of the smell, but other than that it's a great product. SO, if you can tolerate chemical smells, then go for it girl!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow i love this, i have dry skin and this is so hydrating on me with good coverage for this unbearable heat its light and lasts good with a primer i dont have any acne problems so i cant say the salicylid acid helps or not. but this is amazing wayyy better than dream fresh bb which was greasy, even on me!! and slid right off even tho i have dry skin. not a good color range but i found the lightest shade perfect for me. check this out if you have dry skin and love a hydrated look.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Kateomack

I love this product! I live in Florida and it is so hot during the summer and of course I sweat which does not help my acne. If I wear this product with a little bit and translucent powder, it keeps my face matte all day. It also helps make my breakouts go away faster.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by aimeeb212

Love. Love. Love. I bought this about 2 months ago and have been wearing it several times a week to work ever since. I would definitely say it is similar to a tinted moisturizer, but the consistency is more second skin like and the coverage is better. I'm pretty tan right now so I'm mixing the medium and medium/deep shades and they work well together. I also have the light/medium for fall/winter/spring and it blended in beautifully as well. I do use Loreal's Magic Nude BB Cream as a primer underneath and top it off with Laura Geller's Balance N Brighten powder. It lasts through an 8 hour work day for me with maybe a blot or 2, but that works for me b/c I have pretty oily skin. No breakouts. Highly recommend this drugstore gem!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by makeupismyjam998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because when I went to the store they didn't have my shade in the regular dream bb cream. I have to say, I'm not disappointed! I've seen the few pimple I have occasionally on my nose lessening, and the coverage is even and natural. My only complaints are some slight caking around the eyes if you have fine lines, which is virtually unavoidable with most foundations. Overall I think I will be purchasing again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by cboylove

This is one of the better drug store bb creams available. I have warm medium combination skin and chose the medium shade. The undertones run really cool/grey so I had to add some bronzer to warm things up. What I really like about this bb cream is the way it melts into a second skin instead of floating on the surface and into creases and pores. The finish is satin matte which looks beautiful. Overall I am really impressed but I would like their to be some kind of sunscreen since this does contain an acid, so it's advisable to wear sunscreen under it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by cosmagical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this BB cream! I just bought it today and its already my fave!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by ItsmeBritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this BB cream! My skin is very dry in the summer, but this BB cream is moisturising. It has buidable coverage. If you apply only one layer the BB cream doesn't really cover much but if you apply more product to your problem area's it will cover most of it. So I would recommend this Maybelline dream pure BB cream if you need just a little bit of coverage or if you want a foundation that isn't thick or cakey.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Background info: skin is combination, dehydration-prone and can be sensitive to fragrance ingredients (farnesol, lavender etc). In terms of colouring, I have warm golden yellow/olive undertones and am currently around NC35-37ish in MAC (in other brands I wear: Revlon ColorStay in #350 Rich Tan or Nearly Naked in #200 Warm Beige, Maybelline Fit Me in #230, CoverGirl TruBlend in M4, NARS The Radiant Cream in Stromboli , L'Oreal True Match Lumi in W5, L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB in Medium, Bobbi Brown in Warm Natural, UD Naked Skin in #7)

Initially I bought Medium - but I found this seems to run lighter than the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB range, and is also a bit higher coverage and therefore less forgiving. The Medium on my skin was super ashy, pinkish grey, and made me look like ghostly, and even worse in photos (a weird halo of pink, pink, pink, yuck!) I went back to the drugstore and there was no Medium-Deep (although I have seen it online) so I picked up Deep and mixed both together for a match, which was ok, still a bit too pink/greyish and waay not yellow enough. Also the deep is not even that dark so I think the shade range here isn't that great for medium/tan to deeper skin tones. I also dislike that it tends to veer on the pinkish-grey side, which adds to the ashy and unnatural look on my skin.

Even with the Medium/Deep mixed, I had to use a bit of MAC's Careblend powder and bronzer on top to make it look a bit less pink. Colour mismatch aside, this is easy to blend and apply and has a satin-matte finish with light coverage. It does unfortunately transfer very easily so may require powder depending on how long you plan to wear it and your skin type. Even when I used powder it would last max 5 hours. It also made my skin feel uncomfortably dry and itchy during the day. I normally use BHA (salicylic acid) products, so I don't think it was that but rather some other ingredient, possibly the kaolin clay.

For my skin, this didn't work out. I have other TM's/BB's that work way better and suit my skin. However - I don't think it's a terribIe product - has nice light coverage, feels lightweight, is slightly buildable and if you have oily/very oily skin and fit into the neutral/leaning pink undertones and limited shade range, this may work better for you.

Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG 9, Dipropylene Glycol

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

*UPDATE* I'm editing my review here with this little update. After using this BB cream for a little over a week, it broke me out in cystic acne. :( (which will take about a month or so to clear). At first, it really did make my skin look better. But shortly after that, it started breaking it out. At first I got a couple zits- thought it was hormones, the weather, etc. then it just erupted, and became painful. :( So I no longer recommend this product for acne prone skin at all. I still recommend Revlon's Colorstay Blemish Concealer for acne prone skin (though discontinued) as it is still the only makeup that has never broken me out (and I have the world's most acne prone skin).

This is my first BB cream, and something I bought to replace my discontinued concealer I had been using for the last few years. I gotta say, i LOVE this stuff!! ^_^ I was a little skeptical at first, but so glad I tried this! :)

I have very acne prone skin, so I can only use skin makeup that has salicylic acid in it (if it doesn't have the acid, I'll break out). My revlon colorstay blemish concealer with salicylic acid was being phased out, and it was getting harder to find online for a good price, hated that i coulnd't find it in stores anymore, the other colorstay concealer broke me out, yada yada. I knew it was time to find a new skin makeup. "Ohhhh here we go again" I thought, lol. more trial and error, I'm gonna break out for months. I saw this advertised on TV one day, and was excited to hear it had salicylic acid in it! :) i'd heard the hype about BB creams, but was scared to try them since I'd heard acne prone skin reacts badly to them. Not to mention Maybelline's skin products have broken me out in the past, so I just stayed away from them (love their eyeshadows, though :P). But I though what the heck, why not give this a try? Only $7, cheaper than my colorstay. Worst case, I get a breakout and just clear it up and start over.

I was really surprised at how well this product worked out for me. :) I got the lightest tint they have, and it matches pretty well (just a tiny tiny bit orange, but it blends in and is not noticeable at all once it blends). This formula is very smooth and creamy, I like that :) Much better than the dry colorstay. I tried something new and blended this with my fingers instead of my beauty blender (I was told fingers are better for BB creams), and it blended smoothly and easily. (I don's miss washing out my sponge after each use. I hate doing that, what a hassle, lol). I even used it for my undereyes and it works pretty well. I will say that this light coverage, so it does not cover as well much as my colorstay concealer did, but this actually works out- more on that later :P (the coverage is buildable, though, and I use a colorstay pressed powder over this to set it and give a little extra coverage).

Even after just one day... this actually improved my skin tremendously!! ^_^ not only did my acne improve some in just one day, but my skin actually felt smoother, more hydrated, and less pore/scar marks visible! Best of all, NO NEW ACNE! lol. (which is what I was initially expecting with this product). I wont need the heavy coverage once my skin clears up (which it's well on its way to doing), which is why light coverage will work for me in the long run. :) This stuff does not get cakey at all, even with a setting powder on top. It lasted pretty well, too- wore it for about 4 hours with only a tiny tiny bit that settled a little in my dimples (because I was smiling and laughing a lot while wearing this, lol). But you know what? It was easily blended right back in with a finger tip! no sponge required! :P

My routine is cerave moisturizer first, then the BB cream applied with fingers. Colorstay pressed powder on top of that applied with a kabuki brush, and then a light dusting of ELF's HD powder in sheer (also with the kabuki) to finish with an airbrushed look. :) Light and easy!

My 1st favorite thing about this BB cream is the 2% salicylic acid that makes my skin happy. My 2nd favorite thing about this is how lightweight it feels!! By the end of the night, I actually forgot I had it on and had to remind myself to remember to take it off before bed! :D I've NEVER had a skin makeup that felt that light before (and thought it was not possible, lol). Some people were disappointed that this BB cream did not have SPF in it (which I guess is standard with BB creams), but i'm ok with this since I don't ever go in the sun. (I like to keep my skin as pale as possible, so I rarely go out in the sun, if ever. You achieve the porcelain doll look by staying out of the sun :P).

Maybelline really surprised me with this product. so glad I gave it a try. :) And it's cheaper than my colorstay concealers all put together (the blemish and undereye), and much better feeling on my skin. Love that this BB has the salicylic acid in it that I need. :) Doesn't dry out my face, only makes it better. :P Definitely repurchasing (already bought a backup tube!) The only gripe I have about this product is that I wish it had more in the tube :P I think I've found my new HG skin makeup! ^_^