Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I had wanted a BB cream for a while, and after watching a bunch of YouTube video recommendations, I bought this one. I didn't pay close enough attention to the color, so I bought it darker than I should have; but that was my fault. The tube has 1 fl. oz. of product, and after a month of use, it still feels very full. The packaging claims to be an "8-in-1 Beaty Balm Skin Clearing Perfector." It is 2% salicylic acid which is supposed to prevent acne. It says it can clear acne, conceal imperfections, minimize pores, reduce redness, adjust to skin tone, hydrate and smoothen, enhance and clarify, and feels lightweight and not oily.

Of those eight things, I'd say it does most of them. Here's a quick overview:
1. Clears/prevents acne: I don't have a major acne problem except flare-ups around my period time, but the product hasn't irritated my skin. I'm not sure how it works if you have bad acne.
2. Conceals imperfections: My skin is pretty tame and I don't need heavy coverage, so the minimal coverage conceals small imperfections.
3. Minimizes pores: It minimizes my pores for a while, though it doesn't last all day (as most BB creams don't).
4. Reduces redness: My skin tone is fairly even, though it does make most of any redness disappear.
5. Adjusts to skin tone: I bought the wrong shade, and it originally looks really orange on me. But when I blend it in, it's not very noticeable. I'd still repurchase in a lighter shade, but it does blend to my skin.
6. Hydrates and smooths: I use this product after a daily moisturizer, so I don't know how it moisturizes on its own. But with both the other moisturizer and this one, my skin feels really soft.
7. Enhances and clarifies: I have no idea what that means, so no comment.
8. 0% oils and lightweight feel: This is super lightweight, which I really love. The coverage is light, but that's all I need. It doesn't feel oily at all, and I love that it covers small imperfections without making me feel like I'm wearing a makeup mask.

Overall, I really like this product. My fault for buying the wrong shade, but that aside, it's a great product for light coverage and a natural feel. If you need heavier coverage, though, this won't do it.

on 4/1/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wanted a sheer lightweight foundation that would cover up some of my redness and blur my pores (My skin is very oily and very clog-prone). A friend recommended this to me, so I wanted to give it a shot! It was $9 at Rite-Aid. I'm light with pink undertones so I got the shade light/medium (the second shade). I applied this over moisturizer. I do have dry patches with my oily skin, but this applied very well. It clung a little to my dry cheeks, but it wasn't too noticeable. The cream had a sheer tint that matched my skin tone perfectly, but it felt a bit greasy even tho I only applied a pea sized amount to my face. I set it with powder. What I loved was how my face looked smooth and almost poreless. It also looked very "skin-like" and natural. This lasted me about 4 hours until I had to repowder. It didn't get patchy and melt off my face tho! For the price, I loved the coverage it gave and I thought the oil control was ok- it was workable. However, one day after wearing this, I was irritated and I started to break out on my forehead and a little on my cheeks. The salicylic acid irritated my nose and cheeks a little too (my skin doesn't like SA). If you're skin isn't too sensitive, I would try it out. I'm still on the search for a bb cream.

on 3/30/2015 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was awesome not the best but very light and ok coverage

on 3/30/2015 5:08:00 AM

I bought this bb cream from all the good reviews I heard about it, and wasn't disappointed! it covers redness and discolouring incredibly well, especially around the nose and cheeks. I understand that it wasn't designed for covering pimples or severe under eye circles ( which it obviously doesn't very well), but for small pimples it covers really well, especially in conjunction with another concealer. It is very creamy (not runny or too thick)

The smell is a bit like sunscreen, which is ok, and my usually pimple prone skin doesn't break out from it to an extent. The only downsides of this product would be:

1. It gets steadily more oily through the day, especially in the creases in the nose and around the chin area. I think with a powder this would probably not happen so badly.

2. It does not last throughout the whole day. If I have a roughly 8 hour school day, it will only really last about 5 hours, and that's with me sitting in a classroom, no physical activity at all (though I don't think that's a worry as I do not do physical activity if I can help it) Again, with a powder this is probably no worry.

All in all, I love this product! The pricing and packaging is good, and lasts a fair while! I will definitely be repurchasing when i'm finished the first bottle.

on 3/19/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use this BB cream daily. It's so difficult to find a foundation for acne prone skin and this one works great for me. I like the way it looks and feels on my skin and it conceals blemishes quite well. My favorite BB cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is great base for days when you don't feel like wearing a full face of make-up or your skin is breaking out. It applies evenly and blends easily, and dries to what I would describe as a demi-matte finish. The coverage is light upon the first application but can be built up to medium quite easily without caking up.

It lasts pretty much all day on me when I set it with a powder with minimal fading (I have combo/oily skin). I use the shade Light/Medium or Medium (I'm NC20-25) and it matches me well. I've been using it 3-5x a week for about 6 months.

Overall, I would recommend checking this out, especially if you have acne problems because it has salicylic acid which should help prevent breakouts. I do feel that it helps me keep my skin clearer, but it certainly doesn't function in place of using a concentrated pimple cream.

Took off one lippie because I don't really see any other "BB" attributes in this product (no vitamins, SPF, etc.)

on 3/18/2015 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I can't believe I like this as much as I do! I bought two different shades and mixed them. MEDIUM and LIGHT/MEDIUM. The light/medium is definitely a really good match in the winter when I am pale but I still usually mix In a little of the medium for a little more color. The medium is definitely more ashy of a color and the light/medium is peachy skin toned. I am sure this can be drying for some bc of the salicylic acid, but I use moisturizer anyway so it hasn't been a problem which is surprising bc it is still winter! I bought this bc I was hoping to stop any pore clogs with the salicylic acid and have an easy makeup routine. This definitely fits the bill. It is easy to blend with my fingers and lasts well. You can build it without it looking cakey although I do not use it close to my eyes bc it is a little too drying for that so I just use an under eye concealer. Overall a great drugstore purchase for a reasonable price. The tubes should last a while. Only thing I would change....the design of the packaging! I do feel like it is teenage looking from the 1980's! I was a teenager in the '80's so it is a little too retro for me!!!! It is in my cabinet so this is a minor flaw as long as it works this well.

on 3/18/2015 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've used the dream fresh bb cream in the past and found that this one leaves a more satin finish, not dewy like the other one. Overall a better match for my skin than the other light/medium (a little darker) and leaves my face a little less oily in the t-zone. However, it goes a little too much in the other direction and can leave my skin feeling cakey and dry, so I've started putting on a moisturizer under it which gives it a smoother finish. It takes about half an hour or so to really settle on my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this bb cream it is super light and perfect for school

on 3/16/2015 3:40:00 PM

when i first bought this i thought it was really good but lately its started to break me out in spots, the finish is quite cakey and the lightest one is quite dark. i would definately never buy this product again.