September 1, 2014 | 1163 users online

Lips - Jordana - Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received one of these as a stocking stuffer this morning, put it on almost immediately, and washed it off about an hour ago. It's my first impression of a lip crayon, and I gotta say I'm very pleased.

I'm a huge lip gloss junkie, and have never cared for lipsticks. If I wanted my lips to have strong pigmentation, I'd usually wear a stain topped with gloss. That being said, I'm familiar with how stains can dry out lips, and I expected my lips to be a little bit dry when wearing this, so I'm not taking off a lippie for it. I'm actually impressed it didn't dry out more when I was out in the cold and wind. The pigmentation was very nice, and the lasting power was impressive. A little of the product came off when I was eating, but I'd rather it fade than feather. I applied a little more and it stayed in place the rest of the day. There was zero feathering overall, which was pretty awesome considering I didn't have on any lip liner, nor did I shape my lips with concealer.

I received the color Honey Love, which is beautiful, but looked a bit dressy on me since I often wear softer pink shades. I checked out the other colors and prices online, and I'm eager to buy a few shades for myself!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the colors Candied Coral and Cranberry Crush. The coral wasn't very flattering on my skintone, so I gave it to someone else. I love the Cranberry Crush, though; it's a great fall/winter berry color. The balm stain gives an ok amount of moisture, but nothing amazing on that front. Comparing this to the Revlon Balm Stains, the stain is not nearly as good, so you will definitely have to reapply it more than you would with the Revlon ones. However, I think it is excellent for it's price point and would definitely recommend giving these a try if there are any colors that you think you'll like.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by JaneChemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i wanted to love these but i don't like them as much as the revlon ones. they don't last as long, they're thick and the glitter is too chunky for my taste. the only ones i like are rock and rouge, candied coral, cranberry crush, and terra crave

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these Jordana Balms Stains! I have been obsessed with the lip crayon trend and have tried all the drugstore ones. My favorite is Honey Love which looks very natural on me and is a my-lips-but-better color. Another one I like is Tropical Frenzy which is a bright pink that is a great dupe for Revlon's Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart. These don't stain as much as the Revlon ones, but definitely feel more moisturizing as a result. The smell is okay, it's not a great smell, but not a bad smell and it's definitely not noticeable after it's been put on the lips. At such an affordable price, I want to buy all the colors! Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by lit0laura

Bought this is candied coral, and it's really pretty! It's an orangey bright coral that doesn't make me look crazy. The balm is pretty moisturizing, and doesn't leave my lips feeling dry. It does stain my lips, but it turns more reddish after a while. Very glossy and pretty! Not to mention it's only 3.29! :) 5/5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another winner from Jordana! These balm stains are very comfortable, lasting (for balm stains), and easy to wear. Not heavy or thick, they still manage to deliver plenty of color with a sheer, modern texture. They have a fruity sweet scent that's ok... I'm not crazy about it, but it doesn't bother me. The staining ability is moderate. Over all these are wonderful and are now some of my favorite lip products-- right up there with my BB and Dior favorites.

Of the four I picked up, Honey Love and Cranberry Crush were the winners on my NC20/25 skin. Honey Love is soft, muted pinky color in the MLBB vein (but richer and more obvious) and Cranberry Crush is beautiful, bright berry that lights up my face. Candid Coral was too bright for my taste and Terra Crave too brown (looks fantastic on my mother tho).

Please give these a try. I have to admit I was skeptical because they were so cheap, but like Jordana's fantastic Best Lash mascara, these balm stains are amazing. Marvelous product and highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this product, I LOVED it. It was a winner in so many ways.

What I liked:
Easy pencil application
Nice feel on the lips, not too much slip, not too dry
Nice color upon application. I bought this in 4 colors:Terra Crave, Candied Coral, Nude Chic, and Honey Love. All were true upon application.
Great price point
No MINT! (I HATE mint. I feel like I smeared toothpaste all over my lips)

It was love! And then something happened. The color started to fade off. Each and every one of these left my lips Highlighter Marker Pink. Except Nude Chic, which left them Highlighter Pink Plus Glitter. Deal Breaker. I don't wear pink lipstick, ever. I was so disappointed.

That said, this stuff does stain. I wore Terra Crave out one evening to dinner, reapplied after I ate, came home, cleaned my face, brushed my teeth, and in the morning, my lips were still stained pink. If you don't mind pink, maybe you'll like this. Or maybe your lips won't turn that terrible color. This was just my experience. Hope it helps someone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by laurasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just purchased my first one 2 days ago. I liked it so much I had to go back and purchase more colors. Some of the reviews on YouTube I've seen say that it is very moisturizing, and when you first apply it, it is. But after a time, my lips seem to feel a bit dry. The pigmentation is awesome though! And the do definitely stain! The first one I bought, I swatched on the back of my hand that evening and the next day, the color was still on the back of my hand, almost all day long! I am very impressed with the colors and hope they come out with more. The only shade I didn't get was the Rock n Rouge because I can't really wear red that well but I may go pick it up anyway, just in case it looks ok on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by christeeezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not usually a lipstick/lipgloss type of person. I like to stick with lip balms. But recently, I decided to branch out and try something new, something that provides color but also moisture. When I first heard about these, I knew I had to try them. The first thing that attracted me was the price. $3?! Such a steal. I didn't really wanna try something too expensive 'cause I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. Prior to purchasing, I also read other reviews to make sure these didn't have any peppermint essence to it. My lips get severely irritated when minty lip products touch them, which is what kept me away from Revlon's lip stains. But anyway I digress. The fact that these were only $3 and didn't have any peppermint oils sold me. I went over to Walgreens and purchased the shades "Honey Love" and "Cranberry Crush." I'm still getting used to wearing color on my lips and these shades were perfect for me. Honey Love is my perfect MLBB shade and Cranberry Crush is a berry color. For shade reference, I'm around an NC35/37. Moisture-wise, these gave pretty good moisture. It doesn't really dry out my lips. When first applied, it gave a shiny finish. But as the hours passed, it left a nice stain on the lips. As for the packaging, it's pretty simplistic. Looks like a crayon and thankfully there's no need to sharpen as it is retractable. If I really had to pick out a con, it would have to be that the top doesn't seem to fully close. If you do plan on traveling with these and putting it in a bag, be careful as it can open and come undone. But other than that, I highly recommend these and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by seaswan

It doesn't' have the irritating peppermint oil the Revlon has in there Just Bitten balm stain, but it did dry my lips out anyway. Not as much as the Revlon but I wouldn't consider this a balm. These are at Walgreens for around $3
The colorI bought were Cranberry Crush which was a bright magenta/plum. I was going to get Honey Love but tried two stores and gave up. The Cranberry Crush had no sparkles in it. The intensity of the shade was a bit much, but after about 15 minutes the color was gone and I had a softer lip color. I thought this would leave a stain but it left nothing. I had to reapply over and over.
So this didn't work for me based on the dryness and the lack of stain.