Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

4.1

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene,Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Bis-Behenyl / Isostearyl / Phytosteryl DimerDilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Squalane, Polyethylene, Caprylic / CapricTriglyceride, Triisostearin, Diisostearyl Malate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina),Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate,Polyamide-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Flavor (Aroma), Sorbic Acid, PropyleneCarbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol,Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Tin Oxide. +/-May Contain: Mica(CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499),Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 27 (CI 45410), Red 28Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6Lake (CI 15985), Blue1 Lake (CI 42090), Orange 5 (CI 45370).

on 2/25/2014 4:21:00 PM

I have the red color, Rock n' Rouge. It's nice, light, smooth, and fairly glossy. It is decently moisturizing. I like the smell a lot. It's a very subtle nondescript fruity sweet smell. At first swipe it's sheer, but could be built up to a slightly pink based red. It lasts only for a few hours after application, but tends to transfer really bad to anything it touches. I would rate it higher if it didn't bleed and feather like a mofo on my lips. Overall, if you don't have problems with lipstick feathering on you, this is a really nice light balm stain for a good price.

on 2/22/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

You will never hear me post anything negative from Jordana my most favorite cosmetic line ever... Even over department stores highly pigmented high quality. These are way better than the revlon version got every color except for one!

on 2/21/2014 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This product could be so much more than what it is. The price is great. It is $2.99 at my local Walgreens. It goes on smoothly and doesn't harden like other long wearing lip products can. And the staying power is wonderful. You can eat, drink, kiss and it doesn't come off easily.

Sounds great, right? It would be except the color completely changes once it's on your lips. I bought the colors Sweet Pink and Candied Coral. After I put on the Sweet Pink it turned to this fuchsia color. If I had wanted fuchsia, I would have bought fuchsia. I wanted something soft and pink, which is what the packaging and the color of the stick look like. But once I got it on, it was completely different.

The coral color turned to orange and I know coral is an orangish color but this was like pumpkin orange on my lips. I don't get it. This product would be perfect if the color didn't change once on your lips. I took them back and would not repurchase.

on 2/12/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Good product. It's only $2.99. It lives up to the "moisturizing" that it claims, most lip stains make my lips dry. I'd buy again when I run out, but I bought 2 of the color called "Cranberry Crush" because it's popular at Walgreens (according to the cosmetic department cashiers).

on 2/9/2014 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I shall add my 2 cents here girls. I am a straight up lip product junkie, and I will also preface this with I already bought AND returned the Too Faced balm stain! If you read this review you shall be rewarded lol. So here we go! This is like 2.99! AND you are not skimping on quality. I purchased Candied Coral (mm tasty ^__^) but seems like everyone got other colors and said they are ALL hot pink?? Well yes, this one is pink and because it IS so highly pigmented (that's a plus to me!) you can build the color! You can wear it like a jelly lipstick, but you can also blot each layer with a tissue! Add to the fact I have very chapped lips and this actually kinda helps moisturize especially if I blot then reapply. It's a stain remember so sometimes blotting is necessary for that bitten look! These smell like CANDY, okay? And this is a twist up product so no sharpening! It'd be awesome if there was a more orange or peach shade, but for now I am happy with the one I got and may try the raisin one. Also try just dabbing a bit on the middle of your lips and adding another gloss on top. This is a high quality product in my eyes, they smell better than the other drug store ones (Revlon etc). Try it!

on 2/8/2014 6:31:00 AM

I bought these in sweet pink and nude. I have the same problem with these as with the Revlon balm stains: they change color after you apply them. The sweet pink looks like a nice, not too bright pink when you apply it. Unfortunately, check yourself in the mirror an hour later and you have neon fuscia lips. Yikes! Not flattering at all. The nude does this as well, though not quite as bad as the pink. The other problem with the nude is it is full of glitter, which I really don't want.

on 2/7/2014 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This one of my fave lip products ever! i got it in tropical frenzy which is super bright but pretty hot /coral pink.
PROS-
smooth
moisturising
long wearing
just the right texture
cheap! (beautyjoint)
packaging is pretty

CONS-
Hard to get off but ok since its a lip..tint

:) If you haven't guessed i recommend it ;)

on 2/6/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I had Honey Love, Cranberry Crush and Sweet Pink. All stained my lips bright HOT PINK! Especially Sweet Pink turned NEON PINK! Not a look Im going for and returned all of them. As some reviews said below, must be a chemistry thing. Loved the colors when first put on but later, whoo, boy, not good for me. I didn't mind the taste either, a fruit punch flavor.

on 2/5/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have this in nude chic. I bought it because I had been wanting a nude shade that had a little bit of sparkle. This is very pretty and girly looking. It stays on, leaves a flattering stain, and was very affordable. It was less than $3. I'm planning on getting more colors. The only thing is, I'm not a fan of the smell. Overall good product.

on 1/31/2014 7:56:00 PM

My big problem with these is the fact that the color I get when I apply and the color on my lips just a short time later have no resemblance at all to each other. I bought three colors, Honey Love, Cranberry Crush, and Terra Crave. Terra Crave is perfect for me, for about 15 minutes. A nice warm, rosy brown-ish. I put it on before I went into Kohl's today, right after I bought it. I loved it so much. Went in to shop, and about 15 minutes after applying it, I went to the fitting room. Fuschia lips. By the time I got to my car, the fuschia was very bright and very dark. It stains your lips quite quickly, which would be good, except that I don't look at all good in fuschia. I had bought the Honey Love on a previous trip, and that was too pale for me when I applied it. But that didn't last, fuschia in no time. Not quite as bright of a fuschia as the Terra Crave turned, but fuschia none the less. Cranberry Crush applies quite brightly to begin with, so that isn't quite as big of a change,.

I had this problem with the Revlon ones, too. I see that not everyone does, so it must be a chemistry thing.

It's really too, bad, as otherwise, these are very nice. Very moisturizing, don't leave my lips feeling dry at all, and they seem to stay on well. The price is nice, too, $3.29 each at Walgreen's. But alas, they are going to end up in the garbage, I guess. As I said, fuschia is not a good look for me.