July 22, 2014 | 2078 users online

Lips - Jordana - Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by lit0laura

Bought this is candied coral, and it's really pretty! It's an orangey bright coral that doesn't make me look crazy. The balm is pretty moisturizing, and doesn't leave my lips feeling dry. It does stain my lips, but it turns more reddish after a while. Very glossy and pretty! Not to mention it's only 3.29! :) 5/5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another winner from Jordana! These balm stains are very comfortable, lasting (for balm stains), and easy to wear. Not heavy or thick, they still manage to deliver plenty of color with a sheer, modern texture. They have a fruity sweet scent that's ok... I'm not crazy about it, but it doesn't bother me. The staining ability is moderate. Over all these are wonderful and are now some of my favorite lip products-- right up there with my BB and Dior favorites.

Of the four I picked up, Honey Love and Cranberry Crush were the winners on my NC20/25 skin. Honey Love is soft, muted pinky color in the MLBB vein (but richer and more obvious) and Cranberry Crush is beautiful, bright berry that lights up my face. Candid Coral was too bright for my taste and Terra Crave too brown (looks fantastic on my mother tho).

Please give these a try. I have to admit I was skeptical because they were so cheap, but like Jordana's fantastic Best Lash mascara, these balm stains are amazing. Marvelous product and highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this product, I LOVED it. It was a winner in so many ways.

What I liked:
Easy pencil application
Nice feel on the lips, not too much slip, not too dry
Nice color upon application. I bought this in 4 colors:Terra Crave, Candied Coral, Nude Chic, and Honey Love. All were true upon application.
Great price point
No MINT! (I HATE mint. I feel like I smeared toothpaste all over my lips)

It was love! And then something happened. The color started to fade off. Each and every one of these left my lips Highlighter Marker Pink. Except Nude Chic, which left them Highlighter Pink Plus Glitter. Deal Breaker. I don't wear pink lipstick, ever. I was so disappointed.

That said, this stuff does stain. I wore Terra Crave out one evening to dinner, reapplied after I ate, came home, cleaned my face, brushed my teeth, and in the morning, my lips were still stained pink. If you don't mind pink, maybe you'll like this. Or maybe your lips won't turn that terrible color. This was just my experience. Hope it helps someone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by laurasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just purchased my first one 2 days ago. I liked it so much I had to go back and purchase more colors. Some of the reviews on YouTube I've seen say that it is very moisturizing, and when you first apply it, it is. But after a time, my lips seem to feel a bit dry. The pigmentation is awesome though! And the do definitely stain! The first one I bought, I swatched on the back of my hand that evening and the next day, the color was still on the back of my hand, almost all day long! I am very impressed with the colors and hope they come out with more. The only shade I didn't get was the Rock n Rouge because I can't really wear red that well but I may go pick it up anyway, just in case it looks ok on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by christeeezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not usually a lipstick/lipgloss type of person. I like to stick with lip balms. But recently, I decided to branch out and try something new, something that provides color but also moisture. When I first heard about these, I knew I had to try them. The first thing that attracted me was the price. $3?! Such a steal. I didn't really wanna try something too expensive 'cause I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. Prior to purchasing, I also read other reviews to make sure these didn't have any peppermint essence to it. My lips get severely irritated when minty lip products touch them, which is what kept me away from Revlon's lip stains. But anyway I digress. The fact that these were only $3 and didn't have any peppermint oils sold me. I went over to Walgreens and purchased the shades "Honey Love" and "Cranberry Crush." I'm still getting used to wearing color on my lips and these shades were perfect for me. Honey Love is my perfect MLBB shade and Cranberry Crush is a berry color. For shade reference, I'm around an NC35/37. Moisture-wise, these gave pretty good moisture. It doesn't really dry out my lips. When first applied, it gave a shiny finish. But as the hours passed, it left a nice stain on the lips. As for the packaging, it's pretty simplistic. Looks like a crayon and thankfully there's no need to sharpen as it is retractable. If I really had to pick out a con, it would have to be that the top doesn't seem to fully close. If you do plan on traveling with these and putting it in a bag, be careful as it can open and come undone. But other than that, I highly recommend these and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by seaswan

It doesn't' have the irritating peppermint oil the Revlon has in there Just Bitten balm stain, but it did dry my lips out anyway. Not as much as the Revlon but I wouldn't consider this a balm. These are at Walgreens for around $3
The colorI bought were Cranberry Crush which was a bright magenta/plum. I was going to get Honey Love but tried two stores and gave up. The Cranberry Crush had no sparkles in it. The intensity of the shade was a bit much, but after about 15 minutes the color was gone and I had a softer lip color. I thought this would leave a stain but it left nothing. I had to reapply over and over.
So this didn't work for me based on the dryness and the lack of stain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so pleasantly surprised by these! I bought mine in Cranberry, and it's such a beautiful color, almost like a deep berry with fuschia undertones. It lasts a LONG time, even though the texture is slightly glossy and sticky. Once the stickier layer goes away, you are left with a lovely stain that lasts for hours. These are so cheap, I should pick up more colors soon. Highly recommend - one of my new faves!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was excited about these and I can only find them at my local Walgreen's but luckily I didn't break the bank with them b/c I didn't like them as much as I thought I would. I got 2 colors the Nude Chic and Honey Love. Turns out the nude would be perfect but it has glitter in it. That might be ok for someone younger but at 27 it's not as good of a look on me. Mine had lots of glitter not just a shimmer which I could have dealt with. The other color Honey Love looked like it would work with my fair complexion but it goes on a bright pink/purple color on my lips. This was also not very flattering. It was ok at first but as it dried it just seemed to get brighter. Kind of made looked like washed out Barbie. The nude when it dried left a nice wash of color but that damn glitter made it weird and traveled all around my mouth. I may try using these with other glosses or lipsticks just so I don't waste them but I wasn't very impressed and I think these were the only colors I really liked. I got them for $2.99 a piece and like I said they were alright and I like the price but I doubt I would buy anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this lip stain in the shade "Honey Love". It is a beautiful pinkish nude shade which is super flattering on me. It applies as smooth as butter and doesn't have a tacky or sticky feel. Also, it is not drying like other stains on the market. The lasting power is better than the Revlon Balm Stains...it literally lasted a good 6-7 hours before needing to be retouched. I cannot wait to try other shades! Heck, at $2.99 a piece, I plan on purchasing ALL the shades!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm digging all these chubby stick wannabes - Jordana's version is pretty darn perfect, I just docked two lippies because the shades available are limited and not that pretty. I would recommend "Terra Crave" - kind of a deep nude - as the one that would be universally flattering. Nice balmy feel on the lips without being sticky, no crazy shimmer or glitter effect, and it leaves a hint of tint behind as it wears off. It does have a scent, but it doesn't bother me like most scented lippies do.