July 31, 2014 | 1874 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this, but the coverage is VERY sheer...after trying several Korean bb creams I get really irritated with the US Brands jumping on the bandwagon when really all they are selling is a light TM. This *is* fairly affordable, but somewhat hard to find as it's not with the cosmetics, but rather in the skincare. (Which is also misleading, because again, I noticed NO skincare benefits with it). If I recall correctly, there are only 2 shades...I went with the palest one and that was thankfully a nice match for my NC20 skin.

I loved the packaging on this, the fragrance was nice & inoffensive, yet there was just hardly any coverage at all, and it went on VERY sheer, wasn't really very buildable. I ended up returning mine to Walmart (where it was about $10). I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by JeanLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only ever tried 1 other BB cream and I didn't like it. I am a devoted Ponds Cold Cream girl, so I thought I'd try this. This is really nice, it's moisturizing and provides some light coverage for an even look, also has SPF in it. It does exactly what is says, and dries to a nice luminous finish. I still have to to use concealer for dark spots and I set spots with powder, but it's not irritating and I have very sensitive skin. Would definitely recommend it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Ccwhateva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty loyal to the Ponds brand. So far in my experience, the Ponds "Luminous" line hasn't caused me any problems or acne flare ups. I'm very satisfied with the Luminous cleanser so i thought i'd try out the BB cream, (which would be the first BB cream i've ever tried).
It has good coverage but maybe not a stand-alone product if you're hoping to mask acne or dark spots. I use this as a primer, in a way, and set it with powder and bronzer. The scent isn't too bad but i don't think it's necessary.. Ponds is notorious for making perfume-y products and I just don't see the purpose.
I've been using the BB cream for about a week now and haven't noticed any irritation in my skin at all. I'm trying very hard to wear less and less makeup products as my skin is not in an ideal condition. I have a moderate amount of red acne marks and random tiny flare-ups all along my jaw(my forehead stays mostly clear though?)I've heard that BB cream is good for healing and protecting so I like to wear it by itself on days where i would be running errands or spending time outside (it's spf15). If i'm going somewhere or any instance where I feel that I "need" more coverage, I would just use this as a base. (i use the "light" color option)
So far no complaints though! I'll update my review if i notice any irritation, as it has only been a week.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by norehan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The color is off, it doesn't cover at all and it smells so bad, I couldn't stand it on my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is an ok product, but definitely not for me. It is the first BB cream I have tried that I didn't mind. (Not that I have tried a lot, but a few, and they all have felt too heavy and/or greasy.) This one feels pretty good going on, and is not greasy. My face got pretty oily with it after a few hours, though.

I was very impressed with how it made my skin look. Fresh and even, just a bit of coverage. Not shiny, not flat. But after about 6 hours, I had to take it off. I just felt like my skin was suffocating. Now, this could all be because I only use powder foundation on my face. I just have gradually gotten to the point that liquid or cream foundations feel gross to me. I thought a BB cream might be ok, feel more like just a moisturizer. Maybe someday I may find one that feels light enough for me.

I do think this is a good product. I just think it is not right for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by colorcollapse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this product for a couple months and absolutely loved it at first. It has great pigment and coverage and looks great under foundation. Unfortunately this cream has a scent that is very strong and does not go away. I can smell it while I am wearing it. After a few weeks of use I noticed some breakouts and dry spots. I assumed it was just hormonal acne or because of the winter weather but after I stopped using this product it started to go away.
This might be a great BB Cream for someone without sensitive skin because it definitely has potential.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

This is the best bb cream I have ever used. I've mainly only tried drugstore brands, but this is by far the best. I have oily skin and most bb creams just make me look oily and gross. This bb cream gives a perfect second skin look with a semi matte finish that lasts so well on my oily skin. It gives light coverage but does a great job evening out and making your skin look naturally flawless and healthy. Layer with my Nars Creamy Concealer on top my skin looks amazing. This is a perfect everyday staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Danyw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not much to say but Wow! I'm so glad I found this little gem :) For reference I have oily, acne prone skin. I don't need a ton of coverage, I mainly use makeup to cover my post acne spots and to even out my skin tone. I don't like wearing a heavy foundation everyday so I tend to go more towards BB creams. I've tried American and Korean bb creams and have broken out with little bumps with all of them. I've narrowed it down to the sunscreen.

Ponds does contain 15 spf sunscreen and for some reason it hasn't bothered me! I hope it doesn't because the coverage is great, the finish is between dewy and matte (Luminous) and it looks like SKIN! So flattering to my 30 something skin! I do have to use a setting powder and blot a time or two (I have to do this with anything!)

The only con is that there are only two shades - Light and Medium. I picked up both and custom mix it. Not a big deal!

I would highly recommend this!

If you go to their Facebook page you can get a $3.00 off coupon (It usually retails at Walmart or Target for $9.99 - Walgreens it's around $12.99)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, really impressed with this! Used up a small sample & going to buy a full size bottle. I have oily skin but this lasts long & barely need to touch up. Goes on thick & creamy but feels nice & natural on the skin, not too heavy. My new favourite BB cream for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by hcs11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the product I've been looking for my entire life.

I used to have very oily skin, but after going on Accutane at 14, my skin became more combination. Well, lately, it seems to have been getting drier and drier, especially during the cold months. I previously had been wearing Covergirl's Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation which is still pretty awesome, but it began to show dry patches on my face. But Pond's BB Cream is perfect. It is super hydrating, but I'm sure it would still work for oily skinned folks because the finish is more like a natural, almost matte finish, and not very dewy at all. Also, I do believe this is a very close dupe to Skin 79's Hot Pink Beblesh Balm, which you can only find online if you don't live in an Asian country, for about $25+ dollars. I found Pond's BB cream for 12.99 at my local walgreens! But the texture is exactly like the Skin 79. It is thick and creamy, but not heavy on the skin at all! It also smells a lot like the Skin 79 as well.

Anywho, if you are looking for a light-medium coverage bb cream, you will not be disappointed with this! I'm pretty positive it would work with any skin type (:

Great job, Ponds! Now I'm very interested in trying more of your products!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No