July 22, 2014 | 1042 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is an ok product, but definitely not for me. It is the first BB cream I have tried that I didn't mind. (Not that I have tried a lot, but a few, and they all have felt too heavy and/or greasy.) This one feels pretty good going on, and is not greasy. My face got pretty oily with it after a few hours, though.

I was very impressed with how it made my skin look. Fresh and even, just a bit of coverage. Not shiny, not flat. But after about 6 hours, I had to take it off. I just felt like my skin was suffocating. Now, this could all be because I only use powder foundation on my face. I just have gradually gotten to the point that liquid or cream foundations feel gross to me. I thought a BB cream might be ok, feel more like just a moisturizer. Maybe someday I may find one that feels light enough for me.

I do think this is a good product. I just think it is not right for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by colorcollapse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this product for a couple months and absolutely loved it at first. It has great pigment and coverage and looks great under foundation. Unfortunately this cream has a scent that is very strong and does not go away. I can smell it while I am wearing it. After a few weeks of use I noticed some breakouts and dry spots. I assumed it was just hormonal acne or because of the winter weather but after I stopped using this product it started to go away.
This might be a great BB Cream for someone without sensitive skin because it definitely has potential.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

This is the best bb cream I have ever used. I've mainly only tried drugstore brands, but this is by far the best. I have oily skin and most bb creams just make me look oily and gross. This bb cream gives a perfect second skin look with a semi matte finish that lasts so well on my oily skin. It gives light coverage but does a great job evening out and making your skin look naturally flawless and healthy. Layer with my Nars Creamy Concealer on top my skin looks amazing. This is a perfect everyday staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Danyw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not much to say but Wow! I'm so glad I found this little gem :) For reference I have oily, acne prone skin. I don't need a ton of coverage, I mainly use makeup to cover my post acne spots and to even out my skin tone. I don't like wearing a heavy foundation everyday so I tend to go more towards BB creams. I've tried American and Korean bb creams and have broken out with little bumps with all of them. I've narrowed it down to the sunscreen.

Ponds does contain 15 spf sunscreen and for some reason it hasn't bothered me! I hope it doesn't because the coverage is great, the finish is between dewy and matte (Luminous) and it looks like SKIN! So flattering to my 30 something skin! I do have to use a setting powder and blot a time or two (I have to do this with anything!)

The only con is that there are only two shades - Light and Medium. I picked up both and custom mix it. Not a big deal!

I would highly recommend this!

If you go to their Facebook page you can get a $3.00 off coupon (It usually retails at Walmart or Target for $9.99 - Walgreens it's around $12.99)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, really impressed with this! Used up a small sample & going to buy a full size bottle. I have oily skin but this lasts long & barely need to touch up. Goes on thick & creamy but feels nice & natural on the skin, not too heavy. My new favourite BB cream for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by hcs11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the product I've been looking for my entire life.

I used to have very oily skin, but after going on Accutane at 14, my skin became more combination. Well, lately, it seems to have been getting drier and drier, especially during the cold months. I previously had been wearing Covergirl's Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation which is still pretty awesome, but it began to show dry patches on my face. But Pond's BB Cream is perfect. It is super hydrating, but I'm sure it would still work for oily skinned folks because the finish is more like a natural, almost matte finish, and not very dewy at all. Also, I do believe this is a very close dupe to Skin 79's Hot Pink Beblesh Balm, which you can only find online if you don't live in an Asian country, for about $25+ dollars. I found Pond's BB cream for 12.99 at my local walgreens! But the texture is exactly like the Skin 79. It is thick and creamy, but not heavy on the skin at all! It also smells a lot like the Skin 79 as well.

Anywho, if you are looking for a light-medium coverage bb cream, you will not be disappointed with this! I'm pretty positive it would work with any skin type (:

Great job, Ponds! Now I'm very interested in trying more of your products!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by MinnieMay9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this. It goes on a touch light, but in a few minutes matches my skin perfectly. I've gotten so many comments from coworkers that my skin looks so nice. I wanted a more mate finish, so I set this with a powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by RachelLeeAnn

I got a sample of this in the mail and have used it the last three days. I am in LOVE! I have tried a couple of other drugstore BB creams but one was too greasy and the color didn't match me, and the other had zero coverage and broke me out. This stuff is 100x better! The coverage is amazing. I still need to use a concealer on my really problematic areas, but I would expect that with any bb cream. It goes on and blends so smoothly and sets to a nice satin finish. A little goes a long way! When topped with a powder, this stuff stays put all day. Some have commented that the scent of this is strong. I don't notice it that much, but I'm also not very sensitive to fragrance. I am so happy with the sample I received, I am going out tomorrow to pick up a full size!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by mellovelo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got 2 (light, and one medium) of these from Influenster VoxBox. I don't like BB cream in general. The Garnier one is greasy, just sit on my face and stains everything brushed by my face; so i did not expect anything from Ponds BB cream, until...
Wow. I love this BB cream. non-greasy, blends into my skin, not cakey or too much coverage, a bit perfumey but the scent goes away after few minutes.
Very nice coverage for the office, and everyday usage. I use it (medium) with concealer, then put the rest of my make up on as usual. Nice, not cakey heavy foundation, and saves the need to put on moisturizer/then foundation, now it's just one step for me. It dries fast, too.
I like it so much, I've purchase 2 (med) more, one for the office make up bag, one for the gym bag, and one for travel bag :)
Should I put on HD primer on before this or after? Can anyone share ideas? I think primer on after since I want my skin to get the sunscreen and being moisturized first?? Thanks in advance.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by kiyoshiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

It honestly looks completely natural, and in the winter season where my skin clings to any kind of foundation no matter how hydrating it claims to be/how much moisturizer I put on, I need something like this where it just glides right on. It has a slightly pink undertone which is forgivable because I am a neutral tone. I got it in light and I'm around N15-20 (I'm guessing since I have never used a MAC product). Decent coverage (for a Western BB cream) but it will not cover dark marks so expect to use concealer with this. So far I've used this for 2 weeks and no clogged pores or new breakouts other than hormonal ones so I would say good for sensitive skin. I bought it at CVS for $14 so try and find a different store because I'm sure they sell it cheaper than that.