January 31, 2015 | 1418 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This bb cream surprised me. I was afraid that it would feel heavy when I first squeezed some out of the tube, but it feels soooo light and dreamy!!! It keeps the oilies at bay on its own without powder, but needs to be set with powder if you want it to last for more than 4 hours. No biggie. I have very sensitive skin and this bb cream doesn't break me out one bit. I haven't noticed any tone correcting, but I also don't use this on a consistent basis, as I like to rotate products. My one gripe is that there are only two shades available. Medium is a decent enough match but a little on the pink side. Overall, a very nice bb cream with medium coverage that can be sheered out if you want.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After reading the mostly glowing reviews about this product, I just had to try it! Medium looked like it might be too deep for my Southeast Asian skin, so I took a chance and bought the Light version since this BB cream only comes in three colors.

When I applied a swipe of it at my jawline, the Light color seemed to disappear right into my skin, which was encouraging! Maybe I'm used to my face looking a little tanner, though; I thought I looked a little pale after applying a full pea-sized amount all over my face, but I guess that could have been due to the fluorescent lighting at the gym locker room. Later in the afternoon, I thought I looked a little too pink in the mirror compared to my neck. But when I asked a friend and my husband a couple of hours later, neither of them could tell I had anything on. Unfortunately, that IS a comment on the coverage: The light-medium coverage wasn't quite enough to cover my acne marks, even after dabbing some extra on them.

The consistency is fluffy and a dream to blend with my fingers. After application, my skin looks matte but not dull or lifeless like with my previous foundation/BB cream; it looks creamy... maybe even glowy?! Unfortunately, the matte velvet appearance doesn't last, though I might blame that just on my oilslick of a forehead. Like other reviewers have mentioned, there is a slight fragrance, but I found it to be pleasant, and besides which, it disappeared within an hour of application.

Overall, this is a great drugstore BB cream, though as always, I'm not sure I'd call it my HG product just yet. I'm a little disappointed with the SPF coverage of 15 (ideally, it'd be SPF 30), plus I hear the higher-rated drugstore BB cream Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream just started popping up in the US, so you can bet I'll be on the lookout for that!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Kathy101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product has such great coverage and I don't even have to use a concealer after it which is always a plus! I usually have a problem with finding products to cover acne that Is really obvious and I feel like this partly does the job

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by juliawilson22

I like this a lot! I was worried the medium would still be too light for me because I have very tan skin but with some bronzer this is great. It blends in really nicely and adjusts very well to my skin tone. It has a beautiful finish to it and I love ponds products so yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best American Drugstore BB on the market. It has a thick yet fluffy texture that is very close to the original Asian BB creams that started the craze. It covers and blends way better than the other American BB creams that I've tried. A little bit goes a long way, just a pea sized amount will give you adequate coverage.
The packaging is sturdy and I love the way the lid snaps onto the nozzle, it keeps everything neat and tidy and I don't feel like I'm wasting product when I'm finished using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by jewelishappy

I love this product!!! Best drugstore brand of BB Cream ever! Instantly makes your face smooth and flawless :) it really lightens the dark spots as well :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I literally went on a binge last year buying every single drug store BB cream I could find. This is my favorite. It goes on light, but that is good for me, my skin is clear and just needs to be evened out a bit. My skin is fair so I chose the lightest color. I like the look I get, radiant without shimmer, a healthy but very natural glow. I have been alternating so many different BB creams that it was ridiculous. None of them were terrible but none of them were super either. I'm so happy I can toss the rest out and settle on this one. My skin is mature but not overly dry. I use very little of this every day - about a pea size, so it will last a long time. I will rebuy when this runs out.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by melbay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. I'm have a fairly light complexion, but went with the Medium. At first blush (pardon the pun) I thought it was going to be really dark. It wasn't. It blended well, maintains a great matte finish all day, covers acne scars and does give me a nice luminous glow. I'll buy it again - price is right too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by lcmcallister

Wow! for the small price tag, this stuff is a must have! it's dewy, medium coverage, and so natural looking!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by peachy16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It makes you look like you have naturally flawless skin. It gives a light coverage but definetley more coverage than any other drugstore bb cream I have tried. It definetley just looks like your skin but covers redness and hyperpigmentation. I have combo skin which is more on the dry side and it lasts about 5 hours before I start to get oily. It does have a scent which I love. Its a floral smell and I actually do notice the smell throughout the day it only fades a little. The packaging is very cute, sanitary, and easy to use. I paid $9.99 for this which I feel is a fair price. I did notice that I had one cystic pimple since I've started using, but anything with a sunscreen will do that to me. My skin is very sensitive to new products but I am certain is was the sunscreen that was the cause of the pimple. If you don't have problems with sunscreen breaking you out I am sure this Bb cream will not break you out. If you are looking for a drugstore bb cream I definetly recommend this one. The light is a perfect match for me, for reference I wear nude in Revlon color stay don't know my shade in Mac sorry!