November 24, 2014 | 1724 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by jewelishappy

I love this product!!! Best drugstore brand of BB Cream ever! Instantly makes your face smooth and flawless :) it really lightens the dark spots as well :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I literally went on a binge last year buying every single drug store BB cream I could find. This is my favorite. It goes on light, but that is good for me, my skin is clear and just needs to be evened out a bit. My skin is fair so I chose the lightest color. I like the look I get, radiant without shimmer, a healthy but very natural glow. I have been alternating so many different BB creams that it was ridiculous. None of them were terrible but none of them were super either. I'm so happy I can toss the rest out and settle on this one. My skin is mature but not overly dry. I use very little of this every day - about a pea size, so it will last a long time. I will rebuy when this runs out.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by melbay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. I'm have a fairly light complexion, but went with the Medium. At first blush (pardon the pun) I thought it was going to be really dark. It wasn't. It blended well, maintains a great matte finish all day, covers acne scars and does give me a nice luminous glow. I'll buy it again - price is right too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by lcmcallister

Wow! for the small price tag, this stuff is a must have! it's dewy, medium coverage, and so natural looking!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by peachy16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It makes you look like you have naturally flawless skin. It gives a light coverage but definetley more coverage than any other drugstore bb cream I have tried. It definetley just looks like your skin but covers redness and hyperpigmentation. I have combo skin which is more on the dry side and it lasts about 5 hours before I start to get oily. It does have a scent which I love. Its a floral smell and I actually do notice the smell throughout the day it only fades a little. The packaging is very cute, sanitary, and easy to use. I paid $9.99 for this which I feel is a fair price. I did notice that I had one cystic pimple since I've started using, but anything with a sunscreen will do that to me. My skin is very sensitive to new products but I am certain is was the sunscreen that was the cause of the pimple. If you don't have problems with sunscreen breaking you out I am sure this Bb cream will not break you out. If you are looking for a drugstore bb cream I definetly recommend this one. The light is a perfect match for me, for reference I wear nude in Revlon color stay don't know my shade in Mac sorry!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love BB creams from Korea- looking at you Skin 79! I have steered away from any US versions as they usually don't get the formula right. Well, I have to say this Ponds BB cream impressed me. This BB cream matches my skin tone better than Skin 79! It has a nice consistency that is easy to apply and blend. This is very light coverage, which is what I want. It nicely evens out my skin tone. Although it says "luminous", I do not get a shimmery effect- which is good in my book. I've worn it several days now and I have not experienced any issues such as acne, irritation, bad fragrance, etc. It's very affordable (especially with sales and coupons) and is easily found in stores. I will say, this does not last long, but with my oily skin, I didn't expect it to. With its light coverage, it will need a powder touch up after about 5 hours or so. I find this to be the case with most bb creams or foundations.

PROS: Good value, matches my skin tones perfectly (in Light), applies easily and nicely, best formula I've found in US bb creams that are affordable.

CONS: This is not an option for ladies with deeper skin tones- this is why I took one lipstick off. Overall, I think there needs to be more options in BB creams for them. If you're looking for medium to full coverage, this is not the BB cream you're looking for.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by marchflower

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is the best drugstore bb cream out there for normal to oily skin but even if you're a little dry I think it would still work. Coverage is light to medium and I feel like u can build it in areas where u need it more. Set it with a powder I'd you're oily. I think it's perfect for spring fall and winter but not sure how it will hold up in summer however I don't want something thick and heavy for summer anyways. It did crease a little under my eyes but I should have used my concealer for that area ...... It did cover my dark circles but it just wore off in that area more than my face. I will def buy again tho cuz u just can't beat that price and coverage. It's a my skin but quite a bit better product. Need more shades tho!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a week for so and I just love this product!! It has a great consistency and alot of coverage for a product like this. My skin is a bit on the dry side and I put a heavier creme on dry spots before putting this on, then use very little powder. It does give skin a luminous look but there are no sparkles, etc. It lasts a long time also without getting cakey or obvious. I'm around a NC20 and light is a very good match. I'm glad I read reviews and tried this for it's just what I was needing right now which is a light foundation to cover redness (my skin is pretty good.) Am really pleased!
*edit* I will say that this is a *touch* too light but not super obvious. A bit of bronzer makes it perfect. If you are very pale this will probably work for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The texture of this bb cream is quite nice. But that's pretty much the only thing I like about it. The shades are a bit strange. The light is too light, the medium is too dark at least for my winter skin. Also there is almost zero coverage. I guess I am just too old for a zero coverage product. It's not even a high enough SPF for me to use it exclusively for that purpose. I really had high hopes for this product. Other than my skin feeling nice I don't see any benefits to using this product. I have tons of moisturizers that do a comparable job. This will be going back. So sad.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by snotface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not enough coverage and I don't like the subtle shimmer BUT I use it under my foundation and I love it. Helps keep my skin hydrated and my foundation has no SPF so I can get some sun protection still. Apply it with my fingers like a primer