September 22, 2014 | 987 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by IAMSHERLOCKED

The consistency of this product is perfect, it's creamy and easy to blend, just how a tinted moisturizer/bb cream should be. I'm very pale and this looks great on my skin. My only gripe is that there's really no coverage and very little blurring effect (characteristic of a bb cream). Instead this is just a good product for people with nice skin who just want to look polished when they're out and about. I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by meggers88

This is the only drug store bb cream I will repurchase. It fixes redness and is very close to a match for my skin. However, I only have a 4 because they need to expand their shade selection for those who have darker skin (this is one of those rare limited shade lines that actually works on pale or very pale people.) i like the dewy finish because it wakes up my skin, but for those with oily skin it may take some work. I noticed that on my oily skin days I shouldn't moisturize. I just use a toner to get some of my dry skin off and the bb cream is moisturizing enough on its own. Anyway bottom line is I really like this and I am so glad I don't have to keep breaking the bank on more expensive bb creams!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by rachladner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

American BB creams are more like tinted moisturizers and after trying to get into the BB hype, I was just disappointed. And I didn't want to buy online - I want to be able to run to the store and get whatever I need.

Then came this BB cream.

Unlike the other ones I used, this one actually FIXED my redness and made my face look clear and healthy! It didn't look like I was wearing make up at all, even when I looked at it in my 10X tweezer mirror. I just loved the way I looked after putting it on. The product is so creamy and blends right in, instant correction for redness. And my skin felt moisturized and soft!!

Cons? If you don't like a dewy finish (I have oily skin) you will need to set it with some powder. I've heard some reviews say that it broke them out but what?! This is the only BB cream I've tried that HASN'T.

Favorite BB cream!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaMama

I got this with a coupon and CVS Bucks, so it was cheeep. I thought what the heck, for $5, how can I go wrong? I have used a few BB's, my fave being Missha (the one in the red tube) which I LOVE.
this BB is very close to being HG for me. I am super-pale (NC15), have pigmentation issues, fairly sensitive skin, and hate cheap/inefficient packaging.

This DOES give your skin luminosity, something sorely lacking in any American BB I've tried. It gives absolutely the most gorgey luminosity with NO shimmer. It does give some coverage, but I'd prefer more. It only has an SPF 15, so while I'd love to only use it, I MUST put on sunblock first. (L'Oreal Sublime Sun 50+ in winter, 100 in summer.)

I have actually left my home with only this on. I *never* leave home without beating my face! lol
I put on my mascara and a light liner and shadow, grab a lippie, and can shuttle my son to school.
Fairly a miracle for me. It gives a totally, totally natural look. I say this, and just FYI, I am crazy particular about when people say "you can't even tell it's on." It's usually BS. This I cannot even see in my 10x mag mirror. :D You can layer this also, though I usually use a concealer or foundation instead of doing that.

It comes in a nice tube, the packaging is looking new and I've had this for almost two months now. I take the tube and squeeze and drag lightly across my face on my cheeks and forehead and blend with my fingers. Easy peas.

The scent is fresh to me, and goes away. I believe others can still smell it, everyones chemistry deals with frag so differently!

I will absolutely be keeping this on hand. Oh yeah, I have used it every day for almost two months and it feels like I have barely dented the amount of product in the tube, so I love that!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by StephAByrd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a good BB cream for a while and stumbled upon reviews about Ponds BB cream. After reading really good reviews, I decided to try it (the $5 off coupon at Target helped too!). My skin type is pretty normal and I do not get pimples other than the ones that appear during that time of the month. I applied this with no moisturizer beforehand. I was extremely pleased with the coverage and the finish. It did appear to even out my skin tone well and reduce redness. Like other reviewers have stated, there is a scent, but I didn't find it to be overwhelming. After a day's wear, I was extremely pleased with the product. The next morning I noticed a few tiny pimples forming so I did not use the BB cream for a few days. I decided to try the BB cream again. Unfortunately the next day after trying the product for only the second time, pimples appeared. Sadly, this product just isn't for me so I will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by aaaq8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you can use this product without it breaking you out, it's great! I used this for a few days and my skin looked absolutely beautiful, natural and dewy without being oily (and I have very oily skin). The coverage is somewhat light, but if you just have mild redness and a few blemishes it is enough. The price is good too.

Unfortunately, this product gave me the worst reaction I've ever had to anything I've put on my face. I don't normally have very sensitive skin, so I was surprised. But this gave me a rash with tiny bumps everywhere. I think it might be due to the fragrance added to this product. It is REALLY strong, way too strong for something you put on your face. If Ponds were to make a fragrance-free version I might try it again. I passed it on to my mom, and it seems to be working for her without breaking her out, which is nice. If you have at all sensitive skin I would warn you not to try this, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because there there was a $5 off coupon attached to it and the rating is fairly high for an American BB cream. I have oily skin, but I apply finishing powder over any luminous-finishing products to control my oil. This glided on very smoothly but provided absolutely very little coverage. It felt like a greasy tinted moisturizer. I was debating on weather or not keeping it because it has SPF and I can use it under my makeup, but I could purchase better sunscreens that absorb easily into my skin for the price (even with the coupon). I tested this product for 2 days and ended up with 2 pimples. Great--Back to Target it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Finally an awesome american BB cream. It is comparable to true korean bb creams. I love the luminosity and sheen it has, the light shade works very well for my super pale skin. I mix this or layer with my Mishha M Perfect cover in 13. The only downside is the baby powder scent, usually my skin is VERY sensitive to fragrance but Ponds never seems to bother my skin. I use this in combination with the new Maybelline Pore Eraser. I love how I can re apply with out pilling later in the day, like most BB creams it has a short wear time, and I'm not a huge fan of powders.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this, but the coverage is VERY sheer...after trying several Korean bb creams I get really irritated with the US Brands jumping on the bandwagon when really all they are selling is a light TM. This *is* fairly affordable, but somewhat hard to find as it's not with the cosmetics, but rather in the skincare. (Which is also misleading, because again, I noticed NO skincare benefits with it). If I recall correctly, there are only 2 shades...I went with the palest one and that was thankfully a nice match for my NC20 skin.

I loved the packaging on this, the fragrance was nice & inoffensive, yet there was just hardly any coverage at all, and it went on VERY sheer, wasn't really very buildable. I ended up returning mine to Walmart (where it was about $10). I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by JeanLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only ever tried 1 other BB cream and I didn't like it. I am a devoted Ponds Cold Cream girl, so I thought I'd try this. This is really nice, it's moisturizing and provides some light coverage for an even look, also has SPF in it. It does exactly what is says, and dries to a nice luminous finish. I still have to to use concealer for dark spots and I set spots with powder, but it's not irritating and I have very sensitive skin. Would definitely recommend it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No