October 1, 2014 | 1117 users online

Scrubs - Freeman - Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this mask! Makes skin incredibly soft and clear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by egilsdottir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'll chime in with previous reviewers and say that this is definitely more of a scrub than a mask. I absolutely love this product for exfoliating dry winter skin. I have very sensitive combination skin that's getting drier and less oiler as I get older, and this scrub doesn't irritate it (or make me break out) at all. I use a pretty generous amount of product since it's less than $4 for 6 ounces. I massage it very gently onto my face and then let it sit for a few minutes before washing it off. It also sort of looks like you have a bunch of black caviar on your face, which can be pretty amusing for anyone who happens to see you while you have the mask on.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to start off by saying I LOVE this scrub! although it's called a mask and scrub. I use it mostly for the scrubbing power which I must say it works very well. The scent is absolutely amazing and soothing. The trick I use to get it onto my face evenly and without losing product is I wet my fingers with water and rub the product togther to get a nice paste like consistency. I typically start slothing my dry dead skin away and then leave the scrub on for a few minutes untouched to get the mask benefit out of the product. I have no negatives about this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by xoshayy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product for my acne prone skin. Try using in the shower and it gives a warming effect. So worth the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by TracyNevins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Well...The Jury is out on this product...but I couldn't wait to give it a review. Freeman makes an inexpensive product that usually is good quality, in my opinion, but I really didn't see or feel any noticeable change with this mask. I'll use it several more time and take the "wait and see" approach"...but so far..it really made no real difference. That could change with several uses, however. :) The Price is right, so I haven't lost much...that's the worst case. But I'm going to use the entire product and see how it goes. :0)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff looks really awful coming out of the tube (like animal you-know-what), the lid won't close all the way by the conventional means of flipping it closed, it falls off your face when trying to apply it, and goes on blotchy and uneven giving a Rambo-like camouflage look (which, I admit, is kind of fun).

So what's to love then? It's simply a fantastic product! And exactly what I was looking for. And a gem for under 5 bucks!!

I've been looking for a mask to replace the amazing exfoliating cream from Vichy (discontinued, so won't go into that), and my skin's been dry and blotchy and dull - and I've got everything needed in natural and high-end beauty counter skincare, but nothing was helping. I normally do natural oil massages, or pull out my Queen Helen Mint Julep or DHC scrubs, or sugar and oatmeal scrubs, aspirin masks, etc. but nothing was making my skin feel clean enough, was improving the redness or dealing with the dehydration.

I read the reviews for this scrub/mask because I had just tried a single-use pack of Freeman's Cucumber Peel Off Mask (and liked it too). I was so intrigued by what MUA'ers (and my age even) were saying about this product, so I got it today and just tried it.

WoW! This has made my skin cleaner, calmer, and softer than anything else in flipping months! I can tell that another two treatments and the bumps will be gone, and the congestion will clear. I can't wait to use it again - it's so unique.

My Tips for Use: Smooth, then pat the product on your skin to get best coverage; follow directions, then after doing the exfoliating part, touch the backs of your hands on your skin to get the product onto your hands and get an AMAZING hand reflexology and 1-minute manicure by massaging the scrub in. Rinse your hands under water, then wipe the product off your face with a warm cloth; rinse with warm water to remove the rest.

I'm going through a skincare transition and have a few different products I'm rotating through as I try to find how to newly care for my changing skin, so I followed up with a DHC Moisture Fruit Lotion (toner), my fresh homemade vitamin C serum (what a glow that produced after the scrub!), my Clarin's Hydra-quench Serum, and the rest of my Clarin's Vital-Light Night Cream sample (not a bad product).

I love it! My skin feels plump, and looks calm and *super* fresh and clean!

Thanks again to MUA'ers for sharing your stories and saving me $~)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Izfinale

It's not a bad mask.
First of all I got this because my sister thought it smelled great. But she refused to try it with me :p
Anyways used it at least 3-4 times since purchase (2 months ago)
It does make my skin softer but almost all the masks I use do the same. And I get the same effect from moisturizing.
I thought it was kind of cool how it gives a slightly hot sensation when you first apply it on. Doesn't last long though.
I hate hate HATE how the sugar sticks onto the side of the cap and makes it hard to close it without banging it on the table.
Also it gets in my hair when I wash it own (my own clumsy fault)
It's okay to try. I won't repurchase however. I don't even think I will finish the bottle I have now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by iszeto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This may make you a sugar addict?!

I love this mask. It's quite granular and so I go easy on the "scrubbing" part. I LOVE the scent... For a drugstore scrub, this mask has the best scent: not cheap smelling, not typical. The sugar crystals are effective as a scrub - my HANDS feel amazing smooth after using this product on my face!!!

I also use this on my feet for weekly pedicures. Overall great body skin polisher. Its true $5 love!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I will never buy another scrub again....I am in love with this mask/scrub. It is delicate but powerful. It leaves my face so fresh. I was really surprised how impressed I was..as a dedicated user of apricot scrub I was prepared to not think this was exfoliating enough but IT IS..the price is right. It costs about 3.99 ( I got mine on drugstore.com) I highly recommend this for the over 30 crowd whose skin is starting to become more delicate. I also think that this might not be the best for sensitive skin because it does have a strong ( but good) fragrance. Lastly, this is an AWESOME lip scrub that you could use daily whereas the mask is to be used twice a week. Overall....A++++++

Happy Makeuping!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Rainstorm89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Such a fun product and for a great price! I will definitely buy again! I noticed some reviews here and on amazon had problems with the mask dripping off, but I found that if I applied the right amount this wasnt an issue at all and I was able to walk around the house without any problems.

It is gentle enough to use with my acne prone, sensitive, combination skin. My skin was smooth, polished and glowing after 1 use. I also noticed the next day that my acne seemed to have diminished and was much less red.

like with the strawberry chocolate mask, I did deduct a lipstick because there are some crap ingredients, but I still never have any acne flare ups when using freeman products.

I may try making my own version of this with activated charcoal and sugar, but the formulation is so great and the price is just right so I dont feel like I need to go create my own version to save money.

definitely give this a try! you can always get the single use packs if you arent so sure.