October 21, 2014 | 1612 users online

Scrubs - Freeman - Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by dtormon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I love how affordable this mask is, and that's kind of where the compliments end. I'm a party pooper, I know. I found the granules to be too abrasive for my sensitive skin but I didn't notice any burning sensation or anything like that while it was on. I did have a hard time keeping fall out under control as well. My skin feels so baby smooth after, but it never fails the next day to either break me out like CRAZY or "bring out my impurities." I always have the best luck with reactions to products!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by itsmyparty87

I am completely in love with this product!! I use it every day as an exfoliant and it leaves my skin baby smooth and instantly gives a radiant glow. A little goes a long way. It heats up on contact and its so soothing to my skin. For under $4 I will purchase this product again and again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by soundsofepip

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mask exfoliates your skin and has a warming feeling to it. I felt all of the impurities being pulled out my skin. After washing my face, my skin feels so soft and delicate.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Dextruxtion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I previously tried Freeman's Avocado & Oatmeal clay mask, which I thoroughly enjoy, so I thought I'd give this a try too as this is more of an -exfoliant- than a mask.

This as well as the clay mask previously mentioned have now become part of my skin care regime, and the price cannot be beat. These products feel so luxurious, smell great, and actually work.

Now, I have sensitive skin so I don't exfoliate too often as it just irritates my face beyond belief, but I find this product is also very soothing and doesn't bother my skin at all.
I use this once a week, and it immediately makes my skin baby soft as well as reduces the severity of 'worry lines'.

I apply a layer, wait about 10 minutes then gently run my fingers in small circular motions over my entire face before rinsing with warm water and a soft cloth.
I follow up with face cream, and voila!
Perfectly smooth, even skin.

I gave it a review of 4 lipsticks, simply because I find the name to be misleading. It really is not at all much of a mask, but certainly more of an exfoliant so I would recommend using a different product if you're looking for a typical mask type deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by kroshicake

I just bought the full size after trying the single-use packet. It truly makes my face glow and seem clearer. I haven't used it consistently yet, but I will update. I like that this draws out impurities which is my main goal, as I am trying to unclog some pores on my forehead.. I find this to be really unique as well!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this mask! Makes skin incredibly soft and clear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by egilsdottir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'll chime in with previous reviewers and say that this is definitely more of a scrub than a mask. I absolutely love this product for exfoliating dry winter skin. I have very sensitive combination skin that's getting drier and less oiler as I get older, and this scrub doesn't irritate it (or make me break out) at all. I use a pretty generous amount of product since it's less than $4 for 6 ounces. I massage it very gently onto my face and then let it sit for a few minutes before washing it off. It also sort of looks like you have a bunch of black caviar on your face, which can be pretty amusing for anyone who happens to see you while you have the mask on.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to start off by saying I LOVE this scrub! although it's called a mask and scrub. I use it mostly for the scrubbing power which I must say it works very well. The scent is absolutely amazing and soothing. The trick I use to get it onto my face evenly and without losing product is I wet my fingers with water and rub the product togther to get a nice paste like consistency. I typically start slothing my dry dead skin away and then leave the scrub on for a few minutes untouched to get the mask benefit out of the product. I have no negatives about this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by xoshayy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product for my acne prone skin. Try using in the shower and it gives a warming effect. So worth the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by TracyNevins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Well...The Jury is out on this product...but I couldn't wait to give it a review. Freeman makes an inexpensive product that usually is good quality, in my opinion, but I really didn't see or feel any noticeable change with this mask. I'll use it several more time and take the "wait and see" approach"...but so far..it really made no real difference. That could change with several uses, however. :) The Price is right, so I haven't lost much...that's the worst case. But I'm going to use the entire product and see how it goes. :0)