September 2, 2014 | 1903 users online

Scrubs - Freeman - Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Izfinale

It's not a bad mask.
First of all I got this because my sister thought it smelled great. But she refused to try it with me :p
Anyways used it at least 3-4 times since purchase (2 months ago)
It does make my skin softer but almost all the masks I use do the same. And I get the same effect from moisturizing.
I thought it was kind of cool how it gives a slightly hot sensation when you first apply it on. Doesn't last long though.
I hate hate HATE how the sugar sticks onto the side of the cap and makes it hard to close it without banging it on the table.
Also it gets in my hair when I wash it own (my own clumsy fault)
It's okay to try. I won't repurchase however. I don't even think I will finish the bottle I have now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by iszeto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This may make you a sugar addict?!

I love this mask. It's quite granular and so I go easy on the "scrubbing" part. I LOVE the scent... For a drugstore scrub, this mask has the best scent: not cheap smelling, not typical. The sugar crystals are effective as a scrub - my HANDS feel amazing smooth after using this product on my face!!!

I also use this on my feet for weekly pedicures. Overall great body skin polisher. Its true $5 love!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I will never buy another scrub again....I am in love with this mask/scrub. It is delicate but powerful. It leaves my face so fresh. I was really surprised how impressed I was..as a dedicated user of apricot scrub I was prepared to not think this was exfoliating enough but IT IS..the price is right. It costs about 3.99 ( I got mine on drugstore.com) I highly recommend this for the over 30 crowd whose skin is starting to become more delicate. I also think that this might not be the best for sensitive skin because it does have a strong ( but good) fragrance. Lastly, this is an AWESOME lip scrub that you could use daily whereas the mask is to be used twice a week. Overall....A++++++

Happy Makeuping!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Rainstorm89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Such a fun product and for a great price! I will definitely buy again! I noticed some reviews here and on amazon had problems with the mask dripping off, but I found that if I applied the right amount this wasnt an issue at all and I was able to walk around the house without any problems.

It is gentle enough to use with my acne prone, sensitive, combination skin. My skin was smooth, polished and glowing after 1 use. I also noticed the next day that my acne seemed to have diminished and was much less red.

like with the strawberry chocolate mask, I did deduct a lipstick because there are some crap ingredients, but I still never have any acne flare ups when using freeman products.

I may try making my own version of this with activated charcoal and sugar, but the formulation is so great and the price is just right so I dont feel like I need to go create my own version to save money.

definitely give this a try! you can always get the single use packs if you arent so sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by effinxmandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first put this product on the texture surprised me - not unpleasant, just very grainy and once on your face it isnt as black as you'd imagine once seeing it come out of the tube. I left it on for 5 minutes and while my skin is very sensitive I had no problems with watery / stinging eyes as others had mentioned. I wasn't expecting much - I thought it'd be similar to other so-so sugar masks I've tried but after rinsing it off my skin felt ah-mazing. Soft, glowing, and clean. I use it everyday and I've noticed even my dark post acne scars are fading (finally) and my make up goes on much cleaner. Also the oily-ness my face produces by the masses has subsided slightly. Highly recommend - especially with the $3.99 price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by shanti90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim and in the beginning of using this product, I found it to be a bit abrasive for my sensitive skin but over time, it worked will for my skin. I just used this once a week compared to the 2x a week instructions. And I heard it was a budget dupe for Lush's Dark Angel mask!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I came across a rave review of this stuff through Pinterest, and I decided to give it a go. I've always wanted to try out the Giovanni De-Tox facial care line, which is also made with activated charcoal, but it's way too expensive for my taste. Our Wal-Mart has packets of most of the Freeman masks for single use, so I picked up three.

I usually use a mask, mixed with clay and apple cider vinegar, and while it's great, it can be harsh for me at times. I'm also a huge fan of sugar scrubs, and make them often.

This is a -huge- win for me! I've never been so excited about a skin care product, ever! It's an all in one for me. While this can easily be DIYed, it's so cheap that I'll actually just buy it.
It's amazing as a scrub, and felt wonderful as a mask. It has a light, clean fragrance. I felt warming too, as others have stated.

I'm hoping it does great stuff for my acne prone skin, but not counting on it. I will update if anything changes!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Polishing mask is right! I tried it out a couple of weeks ago so I can confidently say it didnt break me out. In fact, my skin looks fantastic right now and I'm attributing it to the great exfoliation this provided. The texture makes it a little challenging to spread thinly, so you do need a good bit of product in order to get it to stay on your face. it smells fantastic, and the slight warming texture is pleasant. I left it on for 10 minutes, maybe a little more, and didn't experience any fall out. Washing it off was a piece of cake, the sugar crystals felt great and I really enjoyed rubbing it around. Immediately afterwards my skin was baby soft and the next morning my whole complexion was brighter. Super impressed with this stuff, I will definitely by again. I need a good hearty exfoliator in my skincare routine, and may have just found my HG!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ndt0410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hold up wait a minute let me get some black sugar on it! Omg, this mask is fab. I used it for the first time last night. I thought it was just a scrub but when I saw it was a mask I was a little skeptical. Left it on for 10 mins and massaged it for about 3 mins cuz it felt too good to stop at 2. When I woke up my skin looked amazing super clear and refreshed. My make-up went on nicely and when I walked in my office I was glowing and even got a wow you look pretty today. I have acne prone skin if I don't maintain a regimine and I hadn't been so the fact that my skin looked so clear and soft after one use is saying lots!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by cleopatrasboudoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I purchased the one time use packet at walmart, was surprised to see that it was more sugary and granulated than a normal facial mask, which made me wonder how could I get this to spread over my skin evenly? i added a very small amount of water into the pouch, used my finger to swish it around and mix with the mask, which made some of the sugar melt so that I was able to spread it on my skin easier. I was able to get a good even layer of product and the amount inside the packet was just enough to cover my whole face. It warmed up very nicely, which was a pleasant surprise.

I left it on about 20 minutes actually, because I enjoyed the purifying aspect of the charcoal. I added some water to my hands and then gently exfoliated. It felt so good. I washed it off with warm water and my hands, and my skin had a slight oily feeling which was quite nice and moisturized. The scrub made my skin very soft and seemed to dry up a huge zit that had popped up earlier in the day. I have combination skin that is very sensitive and acne prone.

I patted my face dry and applied some Mogador Argan Night Cream (Mogador products are my Holy Grail Argan oil based products) and was ready to go to bed, face refreshed and clean. I will definitely purchase that packet again, perfect for a good, once a week exfoliation in addition to my daily scrubs.