Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.3

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

Brilliant mask. I can't really speak to its oil absorbing properties. The clay and charcoal in it suggest that it should, but I think that the format (sugary and wet) of the mask may not actually be conducive to oil absorption. However, this thing is KILLER at smoothing your skin. I didn't know my skin could even *be* this smooth. It has papaya enzymes and some other lovely smelling botanicals that you can feel working (I might have left it on longer than the packaging suggested which I realized when I felt a mild warming/burning sensation). Then you scrub off those dead skin cells that the product has been loosening up for you and rinse the mask off.

I love the feel of my skin now. And while, yes I mean when I touch it, I also mean the feeling of my skin. It feels light and fresh and happy. For the price, this is incredible. It feels like a trip to the spa. The only not wonderous thing I could say is that it might be worth rinsing this off in the shower. I kept finding sugar crystals in my hairline and on my eyelids for a few hours after rinsing it off in the sink.

on 1/31/2015 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this product. I use it mostly as a scrub, and sometimes as a mask. My skin feels so clean, soft, and lovely after using it. It's very inexpensive, and most importantly, my skin looks clear and glowing after using. I highly recommend it.

on 1/30/2015 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is great! I have sensitive skin that is irritated by products like the st.ives scrub that everyone raves about. This is a great exfoliant that does not irritate my skin, and also smells lovely. I use this twice a week to reduce the look of pores and black heads.

Love this stuff. Exfoliates my face well and leaves it remarkably soft. I'm typically sensitive to smells but this smells incredible. I wish I head a perfume that smells just like this.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a bargain product. It felt really warming when I applied it. I put it too close to my eyes and it started to sting a little bit, but I blame that on myself and not on the product. The sugar exfoliated my skin well, and it caused no breakouts. My skin was left soft. I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 1/18/2015 10:54:00 PM

Love this stuff! Gentle enough for my skin. I use once a week. My face totally feels polished and clean afterward. Letting it sit couple minutes seems to do the skin good. My only complaint is the cap doesn't close well after product is used, it doesn't come out either, so I guess thats fine? Lol. I use it in the shower after the steam has worked its magic and opened le pores up. That way I can use on the upper half of my upperbody. It can get pretty messy, this keeps it from getting anywhere else besides the shower vicinity. Feels pretty harsh if you're scrubbing too hard, but if you're gentle it is too!

on 1/13/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried the single use of this mask. I haven't tried any of these charcoal or black masks yet and so I was looking forward to trying it. I didn't like t his one. It was just too clumpy and didn't apply evenly. Sure -- it exfoliated my skin -- that one is a definite --- but I didn't care for large chunks of black sugar (basically) clinging to my face. Pass.

on 1/4/2015 4:31:00 AM

I have oily/combo skin that's prone to acne, so it's hard to find products that won't totally dry it out or ramp up oil production. Since adding this product to my "routine", I've been much happier with my skin. I use 2 times a week at night in the bath (it gives me an excuse to relax and enjoy it!) after washing my face. I wash with Cetaphil sensitive skin face wash beforehand, or else my skin comes out extremely dry. I've noticed since starting to use this mask/scrub, my face has begun to look brighter and blackheads are less noticeable. After scrubbing and washing the mask off, my skin does feel kind of "slippery" before drying it off, but I think that's from the sugar. I ALWAYS moisturize (with Cetaphil sensitive skin) after using this product because while it does make my face feel soft and it does dry up the oil...I don't want the oil to return with a vengeance. But since I've begun using this mask regularly, the blackheads on my nose especially have become less noticeable and are starting to disappear. Not a miracle cure, of course, but if someone who has skin like mine and is looking for an inexpensive additive to add to their routine...this is the product to get!! At $4 a bottle, it's definitely easy on the pocketbook. Hopefully this review will help someone out!

on 1/2/2015 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING! I have very dry skin with little acne. Whenever I use a face wash my face feels tight and very dry. This "mask" was more of a face scrub, but it still worked wonders on my skin. My skin didnt feel tight and was the least bit dry. It worked so great on my acne and helped the redness die down. The only con was sometimes the cap on the lid doesnt close all the way, but its no big deal. Im in love with this product and would really recommend it!

on 12/31/2014 10:58:00 PM

I love using this product twice a week. I was a little reluctant to use this product at first when I realized there were grains of sugar in it because most exfoliators irritate my cheeks as they are sensitive. This product did not cause my irritation at all. My brother also uses this sometimes did not cause irritation with his face either.