July 30, 2014 | 1039 users online

Scrubs - Freeman - Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ndt0410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hold up wait a minute let me get some black sugar on it! Omg, this mask is fab. I used it for the first time last night. I thought it was just a scrub but when I saw it was a mask I was a little skeptical. Left it on for 10 mins and massaged it for about 3 mins cuz it felt too good to stop at 2. When I woke up my skin looked amazing super clear and refreshed. My make-up went on nicely and when I walked in my office I was glowing and even got a wow you look pretty today. I have acne prone skin if I don't maintain a regimine and I hadn't been so the fact that my skin looked so clear and soft after one use is saying lots!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by cleopatrasboudoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I purchased the one time use packet at walmart, was surprised to see that it was more sugary and granulated than a normal facial mask, which made me wonder how could I get this to spread over my skin evenly? i added a very small amount of water into the pouch, used my finger to swish it around and mix with the mask, which made some of the sugar melt so that I was able to spread it on my skin easier. I was able to get a good even layer of product and the amount inside the packet was just enough to cover my whole face. It warmed up very nicely, which was a pleasant surprise.

I left it on about 20 minutes actually, because I enjoyed the purifying aspect of the charcoal. I added some water to my hands and then gently exfoliated. It felt so good. I washed it off with warm water and my hands, and my skin had a slight oily feeling which was quite nice and moisturized. The scrub made my skin very soft and seemed to dry up a huge zit that had popped up earlier in the day. I have combination skin that is very sensitive and acne prone.

I patted my face dry and applied some Mogador Argan Night Cream (Mogador products are my Holy Grail Argan oil based products) and was ready to go to bed, face refreshed and clean. I will definitely purchase that packet again, perfect for a good, once a week exfoliation in addition to my daily scrubs.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by emilynelson0817

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i purchased this mask not too long ago and have been using it off at on. The smell of it is sweet but the texture is more like a thick scrub then a mask. it's kinda hard to spread on your face and it seems like you have to use a lot of it just to cover your face but it feels so good once you put it on. It warms up slightly and feels amazing when you scrub it on your face. it's not too hard to get it off with plain water but the little sugar particles do tend to stick in your hair if you have it too close to your hair line. All in all it is a great product for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really clever product. I have sensitive, rosacea-prone skin that is both dehydrated and prone to clogging and open pores. I find it difficult to find treatment products that target all of these things. Most target one or two, but exacerbate another. I have become a bit of a Caroline Hirons acolyte, and have learned how to treat my skin WITHOUT purchasing the high-end products she mentions. (BTW, she doesn't push them, she uses them as examples and suggests more affordable alternatives too.) I hate clay masks. They make me feel claustrophobic and they sting and leave a rash. This one has left my skin feeling so smooth, it rivals my six year old daughter's. I'm going back tomorrow to stock up!
**EDIT** it's the bomb! It is dirt cheap, so have no qualms about using it all over neck and décolleté. My aging, confused, turkey skin is looking tighter and smoother.
Gentle enough to use prior to clay mask for MEGA pore cleansing.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

The philosophy and science behind the ingredients in this product is solid, but the delivery falls a bit short. The sugar scrub is a good consistency and does a nice job. I love the way my skin looks after using- so refreshed and purged. However I find it difficult to keep the product on for the prescribed amount of time as a 'mask'- the granules like to fall off in clumps- as it has the consistency of any sugar scrub. I have trouble applying the product evenly over the face. Otherwise it's a great product for a great deal, no real complaints.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

Just used this for the first time last night. Saw the reviews here and decided to pick it up. My first impressions of it are good. It is a little hard to apply since it is very thick. It feels great on. Maybe it's just my imagination but it felt a little warming. I left it on for about 10 minutes. Then I massaged it into the skin as the directions state. It is a nice exfoliator. My skin was a tad red after I rinsed (nothing too noticeable, but you know, when you try something new you notice EVERYTHING) but once it calmed, my skin was so soft and brightened. Let me be clear, this did not cause irritation or burning or any uncomfortable sensation. I think the redness was my own fault. I get a little enthusiastic when exfoliating so I may have done so for too long or too rough. It's also pretty, hehe. Which has no effect whatsoever on it's performance but it reminds me of tiny caviar beads. Overall, I like it and will continue to use. If I experience any adverse effects, I will update. Happy Holidays!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by habana

I have large pores that are always getting clogged. I've tried several masks over the years and the results were always...meh...so I've continued my search for something that would help my skin. On a whim I bought this in the single use packet size to try it out.

This morning when I used it I was a little put off by the way it applied. It's not like any mask I've ever used before...it doesn't spread on evenly like a typical mask does and seemed more like just a scrub. I left it on for 5 minutes like the instructions said and then massaged it into my face for a minute or so before rinsing with warm water. When it was all washed off my reaction was "WOW"! My skin was so smooth! Pores looked so much smaller and fine lines (due mostly to dryness) were gone! My makeup went on so smooth and looked flawless. I'm running out and getting the big tube of this. So glad I tried it and I highly recommend it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by snaket0ngue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this in a one-time use pack because it was on sale. I was a bit skeptical because I have extremely oily skin and usually sugar tends to make my skin oiler, but I've always heard great things about charcoal. Well, after using this, my pores appear more refined and my skin feels less oily. Usually after I exfoliate, I only see/feel effects for a couple hours afterward. With this, my skin still feels great after two days! Also, I have noticed that a lot of my redness and acne scarring has reduced or at least appears less visible. My makeup goes on smoother and even lasts longer. This is such an amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by midori33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Allure magazine pinned this on Pinterest this year. I picked it up at my drug store to give it a try. I love the sweet licorice scent and the fact that it's a mask/scrub combo. This is a GREAT product! For its price it has HG status for me. I was getting a little lazy with my usual honey/aspirin mask. This mask is great exfoliant, skin softener and pore shrinker. It does not irritate my sensitive combination skin. This is way better than any apricot scrub I've tried and as good as my aspirin mask, but faster and easier to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Chabli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

You have to listen to me:
Last night I busted this out for the first time. I squeezed out the junky-looking stuff. It was gloppy and hard to apply. I hated it. I use my Clarisonic twice a day followed by AHA/Retinol treatments. This "mask" with "scrubbing" properties couldn't possibly do anything for me. But I commited to the few short minutes suggested by Freeman and sat down with my iPad to read what surely would be one-lippy reviews on this product. What's this, then? People LIKE this product? Ugh. Whatever. Okay.
Rinse the stupid scrub mask off.
I don't know what to tell you, people. It's a miracle product. Even the budding cystic acne along my jawline is abating, it's nearly almost gone, without this product it would be huge and red and throbbing. It is not. My face is SMOOOOOOOTH.
There's nothing better than being EXTREMELY pleasantly suprised. This stuff is a miracle. Buy it. Use it. Love your skin.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No